Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mpex.co] The Scientology of Bitcoin Finance?  (Read 27391 times)
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:59:31 PM

It is funny when Mpex's butt buddies come out of hiding they nearly all have terrible reputations and a history of scamming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:00:20 PM

This thread is full of misinformed idiots attacking MPEx as a scam without understanding what it is.

"How is this possibly valued so high?" - It is a bitcoin based business which earns income in bitcoins and has a track record of surviving attacks by starting with strong security from the beginning. It earns income, pays dividends, gives monthly reports.

"Where is it possibly getting any income from?" - They publish reports every month detailing things like this. Go read the monthly report to find out. Registration fees, trading fees, option fees, etc.

"It costs 30 btc to sign up, why would anybody use it?" - People use it because it works. If you do not want to pay the 30 btc registration you can use a broker like CoinBr to avoid the registration fee.

"But it is trading at a PE of 97, why would anybody buy that?" - This is bitcoin, a deflating currency. For a steady company it makes sense for the yield to be very low, since you are gaining value on top of the bitcoin you started with. The only reason all the other stocks are trading at such low PE's is because of the huge risk factors. MPOE is seen by the market as being low risk, therefore there is a high PE. Also, people are buying in for the amazing potential future profits; there are just a few stocks listed now, but as the serious financial types from around the world get into the bitcoin space, more listings will be added.

Mpoe bagholder? You, like mpoe pr, are great at hurling insults without actually explaining anything. I can make a site with 50btc reg fees and claim it is because it works but without any evidence it is all bullshit.

I have actually come to a further understanding of how mpex.co works and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mpoe recruits noobs to "invest" in mpex. After the noob pays 30btc to join this scheme he has 2 options. He can gamble against the infamous mpex robot and most likely lose or he could join the club and invest in s.mpoe and take part in collecting noobs losses. Profit is derived directly from the losses of idiot investors which were recruited to the site.

Totally legit 1 billion company amirite?
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:05:04 PM

This thread is full of misinformed idiots attacking MPEx as a scam without understanding what it is.

"How is this possibly valued so high?" - It is a bitcoin based business which earns income in bitcoins and has a track record of surviving attacks by starting with strong security from the beginning. It earns income, pays dividends, gives monthly reports.

"Where is it possibly getting any income from?" - They publish reports every month detailing things like this. Go read the monthly report to find out. Registration fees, trading fees, option fees, etc.

"It costs 30 btc to sign up, why would anybody use it?" - People use it because it works. If you do not want to pay the 30 btc registration you can use a broker like CoinBr to avoid the registration fee.

"But it is trading at a PE of 97, why would anybody buy that?" - This is bitcoin, a deflating currency. For a steady company it makes sense for the yield to be very low, since you are gaining value on top of the bitcoin you started with. The only reason all the other stocks are trading at such low PE's is because of the huge risk factors. MPOE is seen by the market as being low risk, therefore there is a high PE. Also, people are buying in for the amazing potential future profits; there are just a few stocks listed now, but as the serious financial types from around the world get into the bitcoin space, more listings will be added.

Mpoe bagholder? You, like mpoe pr, are great at hurling insults without actually explaining anything. I can make a site with 50btc reg fees and claim it is because it works but without any evidence it is all bullshit.

I have actually come to a further understanding of how mpex.co works and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mpoe recruits noobs to "invest" in mpex. After the noob pays 30btc to join this scheme he has 2 options. He can gamble against the infamous mpex robot and most likely lose or he could join the club and invest in s.mpoe and take part in collecting noobs losses. Profit is derived directly from the losses of idiot investors which were recruited to the site.

Totally legit 1 billion company amirite?

They don't give a fuck. As the old saying goes: Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

Sorry I'm not able to access your shitty blog and definately not going to pay 0.01 to read it.

Can you just answer simple questions? We want a number of users who payed the registration fee. A single number shouldn't be too hard to provide or even a rough estimate would do.

But linking your shitty blog expecting me to pay 0.01btc to wade though the nonsense is not going to happen.

I'm sorry, I cost 12 BTC a month. I don't entertain requests coming from 0.01 BTC noobs.

So you get paid 12btc per month to sit on your ass and insult people over the Internet? Damn. Living the life. I would have applied for the job knowing I would get paid to do nothing. Although I don't like to participate in scams for moral reasons I could use a new boat.

If mr popescu is looking for another troll to surf the forums and advertise/recruit wherever possible I would love to apply for the job. I could post twice as many insults as mpoe pr but honestly I doubt I could make mpex look as bad as your pr does even if I tried.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:52:52 PM

Mpoe recruits noobs to "invest" in mpex. After the noob pays 30btc to join this scheme he has 2 options.

30BTC is $30k.
If MPex does indeed fleece people, it's not the poor & the downtrodden that get fleeced.  Thanks to the 30BTC fee.
Those who think it reasonable to part with $30k just to be able to start trading either don't need your financial advice or are beyond help.  So, what are you doing here?   
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:14:10 AM

So you get paid 12btc per month to sit on your ass and insult people over the Internet? Damn. Living the life.

Not people. You.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:12:24 PM

I don't know anything about this type of investing. But I do know I'm in the twilight zone. The pr avatar creeps the hell out of me, emporium gives me nightmares and his? name gives me chills.

I have no clue where I am or what this is. 30 btc to invest in bitbet? How the hell do you even register? There's just a creepy empty box with output html under it.

None of this makes sense. It's like I'm in a delirium. The avatar makes me feel like I'm on acid. I apologize if that's you pr girl. But the side view is chilling. And I see a nipple.

Mircea runs a weird ass poker blog that has points on the top right. This is from an insane asylum. And he has 724k btc?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:30:27 PM

MP's strategy seems to make it as hard as possible to actually invest. CoinBr is more accessible but still pretty austere.

The results are interesting though. The cost of an account (which includes CoinBr as you have to pay for it too, even if much cheaper and not at once) requires you to be quite rich ; this eliminates a lot of small investors, and the non-attractiveness eliminates noobs.

The MPEx securities are sadly one of the few here that are trying to be transparent, when the others do as much as possible to hide their expenses from the investors, which goes hand in hand with mindless cheerleading. (I had hopes for Neo & Bee but it looks like it won't happen.)

Still the low returns compared to prices — I don't care if you argue there is a reason, I'm just stating it's low — require you to invest a lot right away, you can't really just test the waters. And is it really that interesting compared to just holding BTC?

TL;DR everything sucks.

edit: Also her nose > her nipple.

None of it makes sense. There's only 3 stocks. Every other exchange closed but this one stays in business? None of it adds up. How do you even register? All I see is an empty box.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:39:13 PM

None of it makes sense. There's only 3 stocks. Every other exchange closed but this one stays in business? None of it adds up. How do you even register? All I see is an empty box.
3 stocks ran by the same guy, you can even say 1 if you want!
Why wouldn't it stay in business? Those that closed were mostly because of their own incompetence.

http://mpex.co/faq.html#3

Insane asylum, gpg is good otherwise.

Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:33:44 PM

I don't know anything about this type of investing. But I do know I'm in the twilight zone. The pr avatar creeps the hell out of me, emporium gives me nightmares and his? name gives me chills.

I have no clue where I am or what this is. 30 btc to invest in bitbet? How the hell do you even register? There's just a creepy empty box with output html under it.

None of this makes sense. It's like I'm in a delirium. The avatar makes me feel like I'm on acid. I apologize if that's you pr girl. But the side view is chilling. And I see a nipple.

Mircea runs a weird ass poker blog that has points on the top right. This is from an insane asylum. And he has 724k btc?

Instead of using MPEx directly, you should use coinBR which is a broker. With just a few bitcoins worth of investments you should be able to cover the monthly account fee, if you have hundreds of bitcoins to invest then you should pay for the account directly on MPEx; if you want to invest less than a few bitcoins, get a job and save your money until you have a couple bitcoins.

Mircea's blog is not about poker, that is where all the monthly statements for the companies on MPEx are posted. Are there any other companies in the world which post GPG signed monthly financial statements? The rest of the stuff on the blog is sometimes interesting, sometimes not. The points in the top corner show how many view you have left before you have to pay to view more articles (you get a few free views per week).

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:40:06 PM

Omg even the blog charges. Lol I'm not investing in his stock where he values his position at 700k btc with only 4% trading.

kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

Omg even the blog charges. Lol I'm not investing in his stock where he values his position at 700k btc with only 4% trading.

You already lost most of your coins in 2011, so no worries there.

MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:11:17 PM

I don't know anything about this type of investing.

I wouldn't stop there.

When confronted with something new you can pretty much either work to figure it out, or else invent various ill sensations and protestations in a lame attempt to insulate yourself from the reality that you're either too stupid or too lazy to figure it out. My wake is strewn with the penniless visages of those who figured the latter was the right choice.

MP's strategy seems to make it as hard as possible to actually invest.

There are plenty of things out there that'd be harder than having to interact with powerful, properly built tools without protection a few feet thick, y'know. And hard's not such a bad thing in the first place.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Danglebee

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:26:28 PM

What you say may be true when bitcoin value $3.
China join #bitcoin-asset to talk bitcoin ban with MP. ? or MP did ride donkey all way to China ?  MP busy talk with USA ? I make 10 posts you make 1000 posts. All posts you make worth less. you paid to talk.
He has bitcoin saved from years. Only expense donkey food, Ego make him mr bitcoin. no one care. Why he so rich he steal from bet ? You wake up one day.
save time do not reply. I go to google If i want auto-mated talk back.

You appearance is attractive. You have future get proper job. He end up make donkey show in Thailand for tourist.

MP is and has been the only major thing happening in BTC. See here, for instance.

MP says what's what and who's who. That's what he does.

jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:23:03 PM

What you say may be true when bitcoin value $3.
China join #bitcoin-asset to talk bitcoin ban with MP. ? or MP did ride donkey all way to China ?  MP busy talk with USA ? I make 10 posts you make 1000 posts. All posts you make worth less. you paid to talk.
He has bitcoin saved from years. Only expense donkey food, Ego make him mr bitcoin. no one care. Why he so rich he steal from bet ? You wake up one day.
save time do not reply. I go to google If i want auto-mated talk back.

You appearance is attractive. You have future get proper job. He end up make donkey show in Thailand for tourist.

MP is and has been the only major thing happening in BTC. See here, for instance.

MP says what's what and who's who. That's what he does.

Even with broken english you still hit the nail on the head.

Side note: anyone want to invest in jimmothys options emporium? It offers all the features of mpoe but with only a 20btc registration fee! Give me your money or you're a poor noob.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:34:54 PM

It offers all the features of mpoe
Does it?

When I decide to spend 15 minutes whipping up a site with no styling or user accessability then yes. How hard would it be to copy/paste the 1 or 2 features mpoe offers? Is there anything proprietary about the site?
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:42:21 PM

MPEx is not a website… perhaps you should try to understand what you are talking about before creating threads about it.

Oh really? Mpex.co is not a website you say? Oh yea Its a scam that's what it is.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:55:11 PM

In the sense that you don't use a web browser to use it.
You do understand that you can actually do stuff with it right?
Have you even looked at CoinBr? That's the "website" version. Can you write that in 15 minutes?
At least try to make sense.

Could make coinbr and mpex.co in half an hour probs. The fact that you don't use a web browser to partake in this scam doesn't change anything. And why would I pay someone to use this shitty service?

How hard would it be for mpex.co to set up their own site where you can trade securities with ease just like literally every stock trading site out there. But if they did that I'm sure the scam wouldn't work as well as it is supposedly working now.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:06:35 PM

Do it then, I'll give you 20 BTC. I'll even give you a 15 hours.

So, now, are you going to take these easy 20 BTC or just admit entrapped yourself into some silly arguments?

You don't have 20btc to give and you know I'm not going to waste my time. My points from the OP still stand:

- nonfunctional service
- fees, fees, and more fees
- no value created from "securities" offered
- PR spam/trolling/advertising
- website from 1995
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:11:46 PM

This board is amazing. Rather an admit any mistake, people brain damage themselves in public.

Totally brotato. You have proven me wrong and mpex isn't a complete scam asking noobs for 30btc with no chance of earning their money back..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: