Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what price will BTC finally level off at?
$50 - 4 (2%)
$250 - 5 (2.5%)
$1000 - 18 (8.9%)
$5,000 - 15 (7.4%)
$10,000 - 40 (19.7%)
$100,000+ - 121 (59.6%)
Total Voters: 203

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Price of bitcoin to stabilize at?  (Read 4994 times)
mestar

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:32:43 AM

The price will stabilize at the point where the "value created" by the Bitcoin network is equal to the costs of running the network.

Today, its very little BTC economic activity, and a whole lot of speculation going on.  Bubble tops usually don't last long.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:13:07 AM

The price will stabilize at the point where the "value created" by the Bitcoin network is equal to the costs of running the network.

Today, its very little BTC economic activity, and a whole lot of speculation going on.  Bubble tops usually don't last long.

So what you are saying is that the value will never stabilize right?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:26:21 PM

BTC can reach more than $100K.... but there is also a chance that BTC might become worthless in the future.

For example, what happens if US and its allies decide to ban BTC?

If government makes the possession of BTC a criminal offence, then the value of BTC can come down to near-zero in no time. Right now there is no such possibility... but there is a small chance in the future.

I have friends working in the banking industry. When I discussed about BTCs with them, they always try to scare me saying that the possession of BTC will soon be a criminal offense, as it is used for money laundering or the purchase of drugs. These people are not high level employees.... but if BTC becomes a threat to the monopoly of the bankers and services like Paypal, there is a real chance that they will lobby to the government to ban the same.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:08:31 PM

About $400 to $600. Will crash much lower before rising back to that level.
Coma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:41:33 PM

they always try to scare me saying that the possession of BTC will soon be a criminal offense, as it is used for money laundering or the purchase of drugs..

If they do it, they could never use such argument, since all currencies are used for money laundering or the purchase of drugs.
When it comes to legal temrs, they'll have to come up with something else. Which I do think eventually will happen.
mestar

Activity: 407

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:59:34 PM

Today, its very little BTC economic activity, and a whole lot of speculation going on.  Bubble tops usually don't last long.

What I was trying to say is that the Bitcoin network has a huge cost, and nobody sees it.

But, now that you mention it, if other world currencies are not stable against each other, what chance Bitcoin has.   
leoragraves666

Activity: 227

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:01:22 AM

China will be the first to accept it everywhere http://www.coindesk.com/china-mobile-network-accepts-bitcoin/

PC & Mac repairs
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:03:50 AM

China will be the first to accept it everywhere http://www.coindesk.com/china-mobile-network-accepts-bitcoin/

OMG!

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
donjoe

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:06:01 AM

Finally? Everything finally ends up at $0.

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:20:39 AM

I'm curious if this also applies to gold Shocked

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:37:28 AM

Here's the answer.

Revelation 18:11-13

King James Version (KJV)

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:41:55 AM

$2000
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:10:33 AM

Here's the answer.

King James Version (KJV)

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

I know that quote even in latin, but I don't get why you put it...

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:21:47 AM

But, now that you mention it, if other world currencies are not stable against each other, what chance Bitcoin has.   

Obviously not absolute stability for example between 1250 and 1500 many years, but just some level like around 1000

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:00:06 AM

I am quite skeptical. The Chinese Reserve Bank has announced that they will not regulate Bitcoin.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:12:41 AM

Mining cost is always the lower bound, upper bound 1 million, but might take many years until the mining cost reach that level

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:13:45 AM

Here's the answer.

King James Version (KJV)

In other words, once humanity ends Tongue

mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:45:25 AM

Mining cost is always the lower bound, upper bound 1 million, but might take many years until the mining cost reach that level

You got it wrong way around. If there's no demand, it does not matter how much it cost to make something, it's still worthless.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:17:14 AM

What I was trying to say is that the Bitcoin network has a huge cost, and nobody sees it.

Saying that the bitcoin network has a huge cost is a very broad statement and means nothing actually.
It's like saying that public health care has a huge cost. Sure but what does this mean?
elebit

Activity: 441

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:56:29 AM

For example, what happens if US and its allies decide to ban BTC?

Yeah, that was a real risk last year. That's why prices were sub-$100.

Now with the senate hearing and parts of Wall St. implying that they've been playing Bitcoin for a while, I think we can safely ignore the risk that crypto currencies would be outright outlawed.

There is simply too much money invested in it right now. And real money from people much too close to the US political system to allow that.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: