Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what price will BTC finally level off at?
$50 - 4 (2%)
$250 - 5 (2.5%)
$1000 - 18 (8.9%)
$5,000 - 15 (7.4%)
$10,000 - 40 (19.7%)
$100,000+ - 121 (59.6%)
Total Voters: 203

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Price of bitcoin to stabilize at?  (Read 4994 times)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:21:14 AM

The price will stabilize at the point where the "value created" by the Bitcoin network is equal to the costs of running the network.

Today, its very little BTC economic activity, and a whole lot of speculation going on.  Bubble tops usually don't last long.

The whole network can , and has run on a a few computers. And guess what , at that time the cost were higher that it's value Smiley)

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:46:32 PM

I don't believe valuation will "stabilize" for any length of great time for quite a long time yet.

It also "depends" on tons of factors globally.

Sure we will witness leveling off periods such as now at just over $1000 to $1200+.

And we will witness ever more price surges, and corrections too.

In fact we may correct here to the first support level at around $900 or even lower at any time.

Or we may break out again to the next trading range much higher.

Or we may trade in this $900 to $1200+ range for quite some time to come.

Tough to say which will occur next.

Those few that hold so many BTC will decide it's price range fate should they decide to
diversify much outside of BTC rather rapidly, thus applying massive pressure to BTC. Or
if they don't then the price may well keep surging forward rather rapidly, but with a high
likelihood of much greater swings as traders keep doing what traders do: take profits.

Again: It also "depends" on tons of factors globally.

Same for any major governments or banksters moving against BTC.

Same for retailers jumping on the bandwagon.

Or instead slower adoption by them and other merchants. But lately that news is all good!

Same for ordinary folks and how easy and secure it is to adopt BTC for their own spending
as well as savings/investing/speculative purposes.

The list goes on and on and on.

It Depends. Just like in Poker where it all 'Depends'. This is a monetary revolution. This is it's
birthing period. I doubt valuation will level off for long anywhere anytime soon. That's very
vague but it's also realistic.

In time yes it should, or may finally level off and stay in a tight trading range. But I doubt that
for a very long time to come.

Over the course of any given year for the next few to many years (3 to 8 years) it's likely to
see many pricing ranges. We just broke out of it's previous pricing range of ~$80 to ~$150.
And now we are likely building a new pricing range of ~$700 or ~$900 to $1200+++
But it's real tough to say.

Maybe panic selling here could force pricing back down to the previous trading range, but I
kinda doubt that with all the BTC related news I just reviewed. Then again herds behave very
irrationally at times so it's really all up to fate.

At this point there is no denying what's arrived. BTC and a long list of other Crypto-Currencies.

Some act more like currencies than others will. Those others will act and behave more like
commodities. BTC falls in between in that regard.

For those that seem to luv to bash anything other than BTC get real! Their all arriving as I type.
BTC is King. Long live the King of Crypto. But the others, many of them, have unique features
not in BTC. Some are in fact superior in various ways. Those that are best of breed are highly
likely to also keep surging higher, even maybe outpacing BTC in the longer term. Or maybe not.

It all depends.

Re: Final Price of bitcoin to stabilize at?

There is your answer. 0

But only after it's replaced by something else. It's the first King of Crypto. Long live Bitcoin the 1st King.

But in time, maybe many years away, or maybe decades, or even as long as centuries away, or maybe
 longer, there will come a new King of Currency(s).

Just realize that this isn't the 'perfect' currency. But instead a quantum leap forward for mankind.

Many will keep bashing BTC because it threatens them. Just as the Banks already do. And many others
too. And it's the exact same for many that keep bashing anything except BTC too.

Yet it's Crypto-currencies such as BTC that offer greater wealth for everyone if they would just realize
all that it offers everyone merely to utilize Crypto instead of traditional debt based, fractional reserve fiat.
And that's why this is so revolutionary.

It's going to increase everyone's financial wealth except those that own/control the Central Banks.
And also break free of government overspending as well as pork barrel spending.  Everyone wants this.
Everyone except for those that are being served the pork that is. Andfor the banksters their going to
take a severe 'hair-cut' no matter what they demand otherwise because this takes their throne as King
away.

Changing the topic:

What is the worst scam in all modern history.
 What is the greatest crime in all of modern history.
 What has done the gravest of harm in all of modern history.

Answer:

Traditional debt based, fractional reserve fiat. And it's Owners & Supporters. Read up on that just in case
you don't understand why it's so critical to END THE FED. And all the rest of the Western Central Banks,
much less the Eastern ones too.

The 1st step to break out of this Global Depression/Debt Bubble is to End this madness.

End Central Banking forever. Especially Private Central Banking. But so called Public one's have
proved to be just as terrible. All of them must end if People are going to greatly increase their share of the
so called pie.

Sure nations should be able to have their own currencies should they choose to do so. Fine. But make
them based on something like Crypto-Currencies where fiscal prudence is built in to them. Not on ever
inflated away debt based schemes which are merely tools to steal the wealth (savings) of the people.

Let this Monetary Revolution ROAR!

So there, you have your answer. And it's the correct answer given that BTC is a deflationary unit of value.
Unless of course BTC lives forever. Which it could. But I seriously doubt that much. But it's apt to outlive
all that are living today, maybe. It all depends...

Plus a bit more. pun intended with the "bit" part.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:15:04 PM

RE: "Saying that the bitcoin network has a huge cost is a very broad statement and means nothing actually.
It's like saying that public health care has a huge cost. Sure but what does this mean?"

1st: I replied before reading this thread. Any of it. I didn't want anything clouding
my reply to this topic.

So after replying I read the thread. One thing glared at me. The above statement.

"Saying that the bitcoin network has a huge cost is a very
broad statement and means nothing actually.It's like saying
that public health care has a huge cost. Sure but what does
this mean?"

It means BTC is not nearly as efficient as some newer crypto-based alternatives.
And that maintaining the BTC network will require that miners are compensated
accordingly long AFTER all the BTC is mined.

This cost may soar even much sooner too, as mining grows ever more difficult
and costly both in energy and hardware.

And with this the ever rising transaction costs becoming unattractive compared
to alternatives.

I can't answer these technical questions and doubt hardly anyone now can, but
there is an ongoing debate on this. And alternatives crypto's are already on the
scene to help solve this. Best hedge your wagers is what I gathered from my
own research.

Maybe researching all the alternatives and digging into their very foundations
would prove beneficial to understanding why it is that BTC may prove too flawed
to work for more than many decades, or longer, or less.

Unless that it is BTC can be adapted to solve some of it's alleged inherent longer
term network mining cost flaws.  Or maybe ever advancing technology will solve
that issue for us quickly and it's a red herring.

Head straight to the alt-crypto's home pages and read up on them. Start from the
top of this list at the link below and work your way down. Or up, lol, because one
near the bottom with a high valuation is mighty awesome too from the looks of it.

Click the NAME of the crypto-currency at the following link to go straight to the
home page of each one at:
http://coinmarketcap.com/

See, it really does all Depend...

Caveat emptor
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:22:11 PM

It means BTC is not nearly as efficient as some newer crypto-based alternatives.
And that maintaining the BTC network will require that miners are compensated
accordingly long AFTER all the BTC is mined.

Let me guess. You are talking about ppcoin right?
Also use quotes. I can't tell what you quote and what you actually write.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: