Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:25:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Mine Protoshares/Primcoins With Amazon E2 Server The Right Way!  (Read 7775 times)
b4dminer4568 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:36:47 PM

Thats a bit high i try to get under 0.30
ToTheMoon1k

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:38:27 PM

It keep going from pending fulfillment back to pending evaluation, and back.  Never goes green
clintar

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:31:00 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 04:56:22 PM by clintar

Here's some more tips for creating instances. I would start by creating one instance, and set it to launch the miner when it boots. after you get the instance running, and extract the miner (the wget and tar commands), do this

Code:
sudo nano -w /etc/rc.local
then at the bottom of the file, paste this line into your putty

Code:
/home/ec2-user/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-corei7avx/linux64-corei7avx-1024M/jhprotominer -o ypool.net -u clintar.proto5 -p x

replacing my worker name if you want  Wink
this will start the miner when the instance is booted.
then back in the aws console, right click on your instance select create image.
name it something, and un-check delete on termination. (this turned off my instance while it made the image, even though I told it not to reboot, but it came back online after.)

once that's done, you can go to AMIs on the left of the aws console, and there will be an image. click on it and click launch, go through each step of the wizard and make sure to
select Request Spot Instances again, and set the number to 19 (assuming you are currently running one), and select Persistent request and poof, 19 instances will launch and start mining when they are fulfilled.
Even if they get terminated, they will be re-created when the price comes down. You can use these instructions for the xpm mining, too. just make sure to start the path to the miner as /home/ec2-user/[miner_directory]/jhprimeminer or whatever you're running.

Also, once your free trial runs out or you want a more permanent solution that's a bit cheaper, especially once this becomes widely known, try these guys https://crm.datasoft.ws/aff.php?aff=266 (that's my referral ID, yeah). the 24 core 12G at https://crm.datasoft.ws/ds_plusdedicated.php (middle one). And make sure to request Centos (not sure if any others are good, but do NOT do Ubuntu) is $.095/h for 375 col/m. Their tech support isn't very good, though. You have to do pretty much everything through email or creating a support ticket on the web site. You can use the same instructions here, but you will probably log in as root, so make sure to use /root instead of /home/ec2-user at the beginning of the line you add to /etc/rc.local
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:38:04 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 04:57:25 PM by fenghush

It keep going from pending fulfillment back to pending evaluation, and back.  Never goes green
Same here, first I got 'price-too-low' at 0.29 and 0.3 then when I set to to 0.31 it cycles between pending fulfillment back to pending evaluation.

EDIT: I switched the location to North Virginia and it let me post a 0.29 bid, I'm stuck on on pending fulfilment will let you know if they deploy.

UPDATE

Yep that did the trick got 4 instances active now!

HCarvalho

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:28:49 PM

Could you make a copy + past text to use in with jhprimeminer?
Khep

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:16:31 AM

Could you make a copy + past text to use in with jhprimeminer?

I second this. Would love to see/donate to see this.
thehashman

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:35:35 AM

Thanks so much for these instructions!  I can't wait to give it a try.
b4dminer4568 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:16:41 AM

Its mostly the same till you get to the linux terminal. Then you need to do this instead https://github.com/tandyuk/jhPrimeminer/blob/master/README.md
HCarvalho

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:51:42 AM

Its mostly the same till you get to the linux terminal. Then you need to do this instead https://github.com/tandyuk/jhPrimeminer/blob/master/README.md

tried that, no luck
b4dminer4568 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:59:48 AM

Login to to ypool chat and talk to tandyuk in there he can help you and so can the admins!
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:44:14 AM

In before newbies realize that their instances stop mining when thet close their putty thereby ending the ssh session

To prevent miner from stopping with ssh session ending, use screen or equivalent, or just create a cron job and restart ur instance.

Hope im not too late, before newbies realize instances have been doing nothing for 19 hours

Fyi, the other guide is better, just that there are no screenshots

b4dminer4568 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:38:22 AM

As  my friend clintar mentioned above to make it so you dont been to keep the puttys open. Other guides are worse, most miners get confused with the setup process so this explains everything from the code to the sign up to the request spot and also says to use i7core miner on pts witch will give you 300 or so more coll/m on pts meaning instead of sitting in the 5 like i keep getting told by members of ypool you sit in the 800 and 900. I even hit 1100 at one point. Therefore I would say my tutorial is better. Ill be adding the code below to the tutorial shortly as tips and tricks, still hope you enjoyed the read!

Here's some more tips for creating instances. I would start by creating one instance, and set it to launch the miner when it boots. after you get the instance running, and extract the miner (the wget and tar commands), do this

Code:
sudo nano -w /etc/rc.local
then at the bottom of the file, paste this line into your putty

Code:
/home/ec2-user/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-corei7avx/linux64-corei7avx-1024M/jhprotominer -o ypool.net -u clintar.proto5 -p x

replacing my worker name if you want  Wink
this will start the miner when the instance is booted.
then back in the aws console, right click on your instance select create image.
name it something, and un-check delete on termination. (this turned off my instance while it made the image, even though I told it not to reboot, but it came back online after.)

once that's done, you can go to AMIs on the left of the aws console, and there will be an image. click on it and click launch, go through each step of the wizard and make sure to
select Request Spot Instances again, and set the number to 19 (assuming you are currently running one), and select Persistent request and poof, 19 instances will launch and start mining when they are fulfilled.
Even if they get terminated, they will be re-created when the price comes down. You can use these instructions for the xpm mining, too. just make sure to start the path to the miner as /home/ec2-user/[miner_directory]/jhprimeminer or whatever you're running.

Also, once your free trial runs out or you want a more permanent solution that's a bit cheaper, especially once this becomes widely known, try these guys https://crm.datasoft.ws/aff.php?aff=266 (that's my referral ID, yeah). the 24 core 12G at https://crm.datasoft.ws/ds_plusdedicated.php (middle one). And make sure to request Centos (not sure if any others are good, but do NOT do Ubuntu) is $.095/h for 375 col/m. Their tech support isn't very good, though. You have to do pretty much everything through email or creating a support ticket on the web site. You can use the same instructions here, but you will probably log in as root, so make sure to use /root instead of /home/ec2-user at the beginning of the line you add to /etc/rc.local
b4dminer4568 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:33:49 PM

Update:

Now started work on Primecoin mining version with more clear instructions!
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 02:50:57 PM

I can tell you that your guide is exactly similar to one other thread I know off, and which one of your contributors apparently contributed to you, the only exception is the screenshots, dont believe me? See this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345073.0

if you actually read all the pages, it was more or less everything in it, just summarised.

Instead of crediting your contributors, it would be better to credit THAT THREAD

After comparing it to you, tell me how "worse" is that compared to yours.

No hard feelings, just that you should give credit when due  Roll Eyes

b4dminer4568 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:34:38 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 03:46:18 PM by b4dminer4568

Not gonna give its very brief and users get confused, i have a improved miner pulling more colls a min and for that its different why should a user have to read several pages to get a answer on something that should of been included in the first post. It may be similar but theres lots out there like it so i will be doing what i am doing and supporting the dev and material providers! No hard feelings but thats just my views on this if the post owner would like to take it up with me he is welcome to Smiley Thanks for your input though.
Hampuz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:58:40 AM

Awesome guide! Made me alot of money!! Smiley
thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:14:11 AM

great guide thank you!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
sdmented

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:36:49 AM

As much as I appreciate the guide and trying to help people.. everyone getting on there and just wanting to burn their money has made the mining much less profitable if at all :S
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:58:59 PM

great guide thnx

donation coming

IOTA
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:28:45 AM

NEW CODE:

wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfc9pmxb8srn02i/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-corei7avx.tgz

tar zxvf jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-corei7avx.tgz

cd jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-corei7avx
cd linux64-corei7avx-1024M

./jhprotominer -O ypool.net -u USER.USERNAME  -p PASSWORD -t 32

IOTA
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: