Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:35:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin reach 1500$ at the end of 2013 ?  (Read 1340 times)
Sava (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:43:00 PM

Hello brothers ! How do you think, will bitcoin reach 1500$ at the end of 2013 ? Smiley
max.

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:57:42 PM

It will reach it in this week.

But I am sure that before 2013 ends it will crash because a lot of people are trying to take his money at this price.

Also I am reading a lot of posts about people having issues getting his money from mtgox and other places, this is looking exactly like a ponzi scheme.
lycidedeath

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:59:10 PM

I am selling mine next week then. I hear that in 7 days it can reach even 2000$
yourwellsolpro

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:29:19 PM

It will reach 1500 more faster than you would expect.
Lewis2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:33:21 PM

It will reach by this or next week.

But will soon crash to a big one and stay between 400 to 500.

So at what number are you ging to sell?

jjdeann1

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:36:44 PM

it might reach it by the end of the day Wink
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:38:39 PM

At the end of 2013 between 500$ - 5,000$
Most likely around 2,000$
MrAokiji

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:40:53 PM

I think that it will rise to $2500 by the end of the year. Heck in just couples of weeks it got more than 100% rise. I think we are seeing something like the dotcom bubble. But I think this is just the start. I woulnt be surprise if a year from now the bitcoin is 10-15k  Cool
hammercoins

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:52:56 PM

Sure, It will reach 1500 much faster.
av172

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:21:54 AM

I think btc will float around $1800 at end of 2013.
But I prefer invest in LTC.
jogoma12

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:39:04 AM

I think it will hit about $2000 and then crash to a couple hundred.

THe only reason it is so high is because people see it rising and want to invest but that will cause it to collapse when they start getting their money.

Another thing is that if someone decides they will start selling their bitcoins dirt cheap, the price will also take a hit since it is only a weighted average
haldir

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:50:46 AM

I think a five-fold rise in less than a month is way too fast and has to indicate a lot of speculation. I think the correction will bottom out above the April peak but I still think it will drop quite a bit before the end of the year.
pokerFace2

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:57:35 AM

Hard to say what exact price will be at the end of 2013, maybe 500$, or your 1500$  Smiley
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:23:56 AM

We'll either see the price keep on skyrocketing or the bubble burst; just depends on the timeframe. Personally, I'm thinking that the price is going to plummet before the end of the year at which point the threads about how Bitcoin is a terrible investment start popping up.
joefox

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:30:04 AM

I think speculation on price is really difficult.  

One of the nicest things that's happened for me as a result of my interest in Bitcoin is that my curiosity has spread to a healthy interest in all kinds of markets and investments.  I've been devouring books on analyzing fundamentals, technical analysis, trading strategies .... I love it all.  I've spent the last few weeks analyzing fundamentals of stocks to try and pick businesses to invest in and it's tough, mostly-fruitless work.  (If you think Bitcoin is overpriced, just look at the stock market.  In that regard, Bitcoin is at least consistent with markets elsewhere!)

What stymies me is that very little of what works in terms of stock analysis seems to work here.  Maybe ForEx wisdom would apply, but I haven't gotten to that reading material yet  Wink

Bitcoin has some terrific things going for it, not the least of which are media coverage, snowballing adoption by retailers (including "Bitcoin Black Friday"!), the creation of "transparent" payment systems by Bitpay and Shopify, and the growing number of brick-and-mortar businesses that are accepting Bitcoin for transactions.  These are easier use-cases for ma and pa to understand while everyone chats about Bitcoin over Thanksgiving dinner.  The cryptography, the concepts behind the blockchain, the infinite divisibility, the distributed peer-to-peer architecture, and the decoupling from centrally-managed currencies are a little more tricky to explain in a 10-second "elevator pitch" that doesn't make all it sound like a scheme to people who are new to the whole idea.

Having traded Bitcoin for a while, one of the most interesting quandries I have is the extreme swing of valuations between different exchanges.  How can you reconcile a run-up to $1200 at MtGox alongside a simultaneous drawdown to $880 at BTC-e?   MtGox's price is the one everyone quotes (though BTCChina is getting more attention) because it prices Bitcoin the highest... but how liquid is MtGox, really, when it takes 4+ weeks to withdraw the funds from your cash-out?  If Bitcoin goes to a million bucks but you can't actually get your money OUT of the exchange, is it *really* worth that million?  

If you are a "trader": ultimately, the rules of all markets apply here: don't invest money you aren't willing to lose.  Don't let your gut overrule what technical analysis and fundamentals tell you.  And don't be afraid to sell when the market (inevitably, as all markets do) turns down.

If you are an "investor": don't worry about what it's worth right now; it's still way too early.  Hang on to it, enjoy the ride, and wait to see what value comes from the myriad ways you'll be able to use it.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
neordicICE

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:31:41 AM

We'll either see the price keep on skyrocketing or the bubble burst; just depends on the timeframe. Personally, I'm thinking that the price is going to plummet before the end of the year at which point the threads about how Bitcoin is a terrible investment start popping up.

I agree  Smiley
People need to look at historical Bitcoin price graph so they are not disgusted when correction comes  Smiley
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:38:26 AM

I agree  Smiley
People need to look at historical Bitcoin price graph so they are not disgusted when correction comes  Smiley

It's always going to be this way until we gain some sort of stability and in my mind that's quite a long way a away. For it to be stable it needs to have large integration and usage on a world-wide scale which while it is happening to an extent not enough to actually keep it entirely stable.
chop_chop

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:55:37 AM

I believe it will, and I think some one is just doing it, just cause..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: