Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.de: can you trust it?  (Read 3774 times)
giveBTCpls (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:49:32 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ihesb/german_here_is_there_a_place_where_i_can_buy/

I don't think you guys support this (I didn't see it in my account). Sofortüberweisung is a specific product by a SOFORT AG: Sofortüberweisung

Basically you give them your account data and a TAN, and they do everything for you. (and yes, they can see everything in your account then, which obviously is a big no-no for privacy-aware users)

So i was about to verify my bank account on there to do some business, but I stumbled upon that and now im paranoid. Why do I have to give my account data to some third party bank I dont know about? Whats the point. They ask you to insert your bank account ID and PIN in another place that isn't your official online bank place, this seems risky. Why not just give me an address where I can do the 0.19 EUR or so payment thing by myself? Why the hell do I have to log in into another random german bank? Fuck this mate, I just want to buy some BTC.

Mt.Gox=People dont recomend it because it's very difficult to cash out, very slow verifying process, you need bill proof and/or vote proof and I live with my parents and I have never voted.

BCT-e=Same, you need bill proof to withdraw/deposit money

Bitstamp=Same

LocalBitcoin/Litecoin=lots of people have been scamed, I dont trust this thing at all

Bitcoin.de=Seemed like a nice place to buy some BTC finally with Bitcoin acting as a mediator between buyer/seller so no one gets scammed, find out there is a dodgy comfirmation process, now paranoid to enter my bank data

Kraken=Easy to access, they don't need a shit ton of data about you, but verification of tier 2 is slow as hell and im still waiting, plus it's a small market and I have no idea how to buy exsisting orders (it's like you are forced to make a new order, you can't buy an exsisting one like on Bitcoin.de for example)

Im an European NEET with no car, no bill proof and no vote card, and no gf, why is it so dificult for me to buy some BTC/LTC, jesus.

/rant

Bossland

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:17:41 PM

Bitcoin.de=Seemed like a nice place to buy some BTC finally with Bitcoin acting as a mediator between buyer/seller so no one gets scammed, find out there is a dodgy comfirmation process, now paranoid to enter my bank data

not dodgy, banking reglament
giveBTCpls (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:20:18 PM

not dodgy, banking reglament

Are you sure? Have you done any business in bitcoin.de? I just dont like the idea of all these new places coming out of nowhere asking for personal data. See, Bitcoin system in itself may be very secure, but the exchange houses aren't. Bitcoin-24 already got siezed. I dont want to find out later on the exchange house has done something wrong, then the authorities seize it with all our IDs and addresses so fortunately in databases on the internet.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:03:32 PM

Sofort überweisung is standard in Germany.  I use Bitcoin.de and have been verified. 
I haven't had one issue with the site or the traders so far, if fact it's the best site I have used for buying/selling BTC.
giveBTCpls (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:25:04 AM

Well thanks, I guess is time to stop being this paranoid and invest on some BTC before it reaches 10K at this pace. Im still waiting for that fucking "400-500 USD" correction than all these armchair economists predicted.

But I have a question, in Bitcoin.de im getting this message:

Please note: For safety reasons, bitcoins that are being bought via a newly created and validated bank account, cannot be paid out for 14 days (calculated from the successful completion of the first purchase), i.e. they cannot be transferred from your account to a bitcoin address. However, you can sell bitcoins any time within this safety period (via the same bank account). Within the safety period, the bank account cannot be changed.

So does this mean I can still buy, but they will make me wait for 14 days to get my BTC on my wallet? How does this increase safety?

Oh and how many days did it took for you to get your account verified and be ready to buy/sell?

PS: Anyone knows if Kraken is legit?

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:41:05 PM

I just dont like the idea of all these new places coming out of nowhere asking for personal data. See, Bitcoin system in itself may be very secure, but the exchange houses aren't. Bitcoin-24 already got siezed. I dont want to find out later on the exchange house has done something wrong, then the authorities seize it with all our IDs and addresses so fortunately in databases on the internet.
Bitcoin-central has been in business since 2010 (the oldest along with gox and btc-e).
They are partnering with a Payment Institution that does the KYC due diligence (not bitcoin-central directly).
The Payment Institution opens a payment account for you, so its like opening a bank account. The bank is responsible for your data.
Your funds are seggregated by the bank from the funds of Paymium (the company behind bitcoin-central).
Besides, bitcoin-central is real-time trading (you trade without knowing the names of the buyers/sellers) while bitcoin.de is peer-to-peer.
You cant compare regulations for a real-time trading platform with that of a peer-to-peer marketplace.
Anyway bitcoin-24 was never regulated, unlike bitcoin-central or bitcoin.de.

Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:46:20 PM

Sofort überweisung is standard in Germany.

And also well known for not respecting any of their customers privacy. You literally give them your password so they can log into your online banking and check if you send the money. This is even against the ToS of some german banks... I cannot recommend them! There have been knows privacy issues with Sofort Überweisung.

This article is about them collecting info about what else you did with your bank account within the last 30 days plus they look whats going on at other bank accounts using the same login (if you have multiple ones):

http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Kritik-am-Datenschutz-beim-Bezahldienst-sofortueberweisung-de-1253022.html

bitcoin.de is a legit service but Sofort Überweisung actually IS dodgy!
xmrk2

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:46:54 PM

LocalBitcoin/Litecoin=lots of people have been scamed, I dont trust this thing at all

Well, I see negligible risk in buying BTC on localbitcoins - as opposed to selling. (When you sell for reversible payment like SEPA, then the buyer can revert it under some circumstances, and he gets both euros and BTC.) This on the other hand means that sellers are cautious and may require ID card or waiting few days after receiving payment.

I trade here pretty often, and last time I met a scammer was in August 2013. True, I am selective about buyers, but overall I'd say it is not that scary there.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:48:57 PM

PS: Anyone knows if Kraken is legit?
Kraken is iffy. They are registered with FinCen, but that's just a form. Their street address is a mail drop in San Francisco, and it's the same mailbox store Tradehill used.  I suspect that there's some connection between Tradehill and Kraken, but don't know what it is.
giveBTCpls (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:50:31 AM

Damn. So how the hell im going to get BTC and LTC? At this rate both will be too expensive to buy. Please, I need to figure this out asap. Im feeling physical pain everytime the charts go up. There will be no correction. I must BUY.

multisigna

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:33:14 PM

You better try www.multisigna.com

Do you know them? You can freely insert your orders in the MultiSigna market.
They work exclusively with multisignature addresses, the control over the transaction phases is great and the fee is 0% during beta.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:59:31 PM

I use bitcoin.de and never had an issue with them or sellers. it's actually very easy to use.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:52:33 PM

i can trust it, can you ?
on a serious note, bitcoin.de is one of the most legit websites dealing with bitcoin  Smiley
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 05:59:04 AM

i can trust it, can you ?
on a serious note, bitcoin.de is one of the most legit websites dealing with bitcoin  Smiley

They are indeed. Plus they have partnered with FIDOR bank as well so Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: