Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How best to buy 250 coins at todays price then place them in blockchain?  (Read 643 times)
ubern000b (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:01:07 PM

Greetings all.

I hope because of the busy aspect my post doesn't fall off too fast.

1. I have some spare money. I want to buy 250 coins at todays rate , approx ~$1100 US.

2. I want my coins to go into my blockchain wallet. I could swear blockchain had a blurb about using Chase Bank for a direct deposit but I can't find that anymore.

3. I want to store my wallet offline once I have my coins.

Any help?
BlazeOfGlory

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:47:10 PM

You can find a list of exchanges where you can buy Bitcoins here.

Do you mean you want to buy 250 BTC, or you want to buy $1,100 USD of BTC? Be careful. You might want to buy that in a bunch of smaller chunks, for various reasons.

Blockchain.info will give you your wallet's address that can be used anywhere that supports Bitcoin. Your wallet's home page has a download button that will download the wallet to your computer.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:01:38 PM

You may wish to use localbitcoins in the event that you are okay breaking up the trade lots

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:47:22 PM

If I may suggest not putting all your eggs in one basket no matter what you decide.  I think you best best is to try and find a trusted member on the forum to mediate a deal for some btc and use another method or two so there is less exposure to risk. 

Hope you get your coins safe and sound. 

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 08:04:42 PM

You are asking to buy 250 x 1,100 or about $275,000 worth of Bitcoins.

Is that correct?

If so, how do you want to pay?  Cash?  Bank transfer?

There are people who can help you here if you are serious.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

PM me if you are serious. I'm sure we can work something out and know I can get that many coins quickly if you mean you want 250 coins.

Thanks
toroidmonster24

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:36:22 PM

Coinbase?
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:45:20 PM

Coinbase?

I haven't dealt with Coinbase personally, but here's a post from someone here, which I've seen several of:

Activity: 4

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Stay away from Coinbase

November 24, 2013, 02:08:25 AM

Reply with quote  #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to cryptocurrency but already have a bit of advice to others who are new:

Avoid Coinbase like the plague.

I jumped through their hoops last week with scans of a driver's license and utility bill, then verified my bank account Monday morning.

I immediately placed an order for .5 BTC, which cost $288.57 with fees.

Then I was told they had exceeded their buy order for the day, so I wouldn't get anything until Friday - and that I would receive the exchange rate Friday.

So I wait all week.  They withdrew my money on Wednesday, so I had no reason to believe the transaction wouldn't go through.

Until Friday morning, when they canceled, saying it was a "high risk transaction" and that I should "try again in a few weeks."

A "high risk transaction" - after they have scans of my utility bill and driver's license, and TOOK THE MONEY from my bank account?

"Try again in a few weeks" - why, so they have another chance to gamble with my money?

They blame the "high risk" label on a "robot" they claim to have no control over.

I don't believe that, and hope you won't either. 

Avoid these con artists.  I'm already out $100+ on this small transaction because they failed to deliver what they promised.

kgujral

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:19:22 PM

just curious here.. did u finally buy your 250 BTC ?? If yes please let me know how. would be great help thanks !
ForeverAloneKid

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:41:56 PM

Yea wondering how you did it as welll
xephireusMMX

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:59:27 PM

Greetings all.

I hope because of the busy aspect my post doesn't fall off too fast.

1. I have some spare money. I want to buy 250 coins at todays rate , approx ~$1100 US.

2. I want my coins to go into my blockchain wallet. I could swear blockchain had a blurb about using Chase Bank for a direct deposit but I can't find that anymore.

3. I want to store my wallet offline once I have my coins.

Any help?

Learn to use paper wallets generted on offline computer with small BTC sums first. Use exchange for best security, bitstamp I trust most

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: