Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Making crypto succeed in the real world?  (Read 1154 times)
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:10:29 PM

Hi, I would love to hear your input on this.

As I see it, we need crypto wallets installed on every phone possible to ensure the readiness of everyday payment with crypto assets. Once customers are ready to pay, the stores will follow.

At least three things needs to happen:

1) Adoption of crypto wallets needs to increase (preferable with pre-funded assets)
2) Each wallet provider needs to agree on a standard protocol for payment (Maybe Payment Request API (W3))?
3) Store owners need a merchant app to receive payment with further integration into multiple accounting systems.

Have you seen anyone doing this?
Do we need a wallet alliance that can stipulate a standard?
What else needs to happen besides regulation?

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
https://validators.com

There are already applications that are connections similar in your examples, exchangers like kucoin and etheredelta are one of the cyrptocurrency market that has this kind of setup in their system.

Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:11:15 PM

Crypto is currently succeeding in the real world, but not quite yet on a global platform.
While BTC and other cryptos are currently hot topic of discussion on the news and in the media, we still have some time to go before it is common talk in conversations.
Today if I talk about BTC, sadly most people aren't familiar.
rafaelyarulin

Activity: 545
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:07:51 PM

The crypto market will definitely develop. There is probably almost no doubt about it. Even those who used to consider bitcoin and any other coin as "bubble" understand that they simply have no arguments for such claims. Demand for digital coins is growing, and the law of supply and demand has not been canceled.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:16:22 PM

As I see it, we need crypto wallets installed on every phone possible to ensure the readiness of everyday payment with crypto assets. Once customers are ready to pay, the stores will follow.

1) Adoption of crypto wallets needs to increase (preferable with pre-funded assets)
2) Each wallet provider needs to agree on a standard protocol for payment (Maybe Payment Request API (W3))?
3) Store owners need a merchant app to receive payment with further integration into multiple accounting systems.

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
Having the crypto currency wallets installed on every mobile doesn't means that adoption we need to use it as a mode of payment but there is problem is the waiting time,normally the confirmations take upto 30 minutes so you will wait in that shop for the confirmations to complete and the shop owner will have so many other works than watching the confirmation time of each customers,so the LN need to be implemented soon to be used as mode of payment.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
Having the crypto currency wallets installed on every mobile doesn't means that adoption we need to use it as a mode of payment but there is problem is the waiting time,normally the confirmations take upto 30 minutes so you will wait in that shop for the confirmations to complete and the shop owner will have so many other works than watching the confirmation time of each customers,so the LN need to be implemented soon to be used as mode of payment.

We can't adopt LN  yet because it requires ALL the nodes to support it, the current soft fork turned out to be no the only thing that is required in order to run the LN network.
Also, LN network will act the same as Public ICOs or decentralized exchanges, if we won't achieve a large amount of users ,the network is going to be worthless.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:56:40 PM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg

These three points seem to be just an introduction for crypto world but I believe there is much more to think upon it, First of all you are perfectly right that we still need to work upon making crypto succeed in real world. But, how can we make this possible ?

I believe the answer lies around us only, I believe there are many users on this forum from every country. They should try to spread the word of crypto around their families and friend and help them understand the system properly so that they won't fall in any trap. This thing will help growth of crypto at massive scale as this will also increase the adoption of crypto as payment system. But before all this one major step that needs to be taken is by the government of that country as until and unless government stands for crypto and give it green signal 70% users will resit to join this market.
redcucumber

Activity: 153
Merit: 14

SOLARIS COIN

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:48:31 PM

I see that there will be not much of a problem if people will adopt to crypto infact they want a safer payment than cash yet card was introduce by banks where they can have payments later or now in crypto you won't be needing any card just qr code, address will do everything will be digital and fast its like you owned your own bank.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:16:30 PM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg

Awhile ago, there were headlines in the news regarding "700 million android phones" having backdoors pre-installed on them by china:

Pre-installed Backdoor On 700 Million Android Phones Sending Users' Data To China

WASHINGTON — For about $50, you can get a smartphone with a high-definition display, fast data service and, according to security contractors, a secret feature: a backdoor that sends all your text messages to China every 72 hours.

Security contractors recently discovered preinstalled software in some Android phones that monitors where users go, whom they talk to and what they write in text messages. The American authorities say it is not clear whether this represents secretive data mining for advertising purposes or a Chinese government effort to collect intelligence.

International customers and users of disposable or prepaid phones are the people most affected by the software. But the scope is unclear. The Chinese company that wrote the software, Shanghai Adups Technology Company, says its code runs on more than 700 million phones, cars and other smart devices. One American phone manufacturer, BLU Products, said that 120,000 of its phones had been affected and that it had updated the software to eliminate the feature.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/politics/china-phones-software-security.html

Before cell phones could be utilized as a major hub of finance, a more concentrated effort could be required to secure them. Better standardized practices to better eliminate data mining and backdoors. Of course, this could be impossible given backdoors are sometimes included by state intelligence/surveillance and there is a push for large corporations like apple to utilize weaker encryption standards (or no standards) on products like iphone.

I like that someone is thinking about ways to encourage crypto mass adoption.

Maybe if every active person on this forum told 10 people they know about bitcoin, and those 10 people each told 10 of their friends about it, some type of viral campaign could be worked out?

I've tried to do it in the past. I tried to give people I know bitcoin for free in the hope that they would use it and maybe see its not that bad a thing. Maybe they would even like it and use it in the future. Not a single person accepted the free btc I wanted to give them. lol I guess they are too nice or maybe I look like a nigerian prince?
Thian778

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

Business transaction starts with simple conversation between seller and possible buyer, then price and product negotiation comes, lastly they will come to both agreements and terms, I think your referring to this things, anything could possibly goes as smooth as long as two parties agreed when involving crypto into their agreement.
Reid

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:09:21 PM

You just said all the problems that is happening now or what is lacking in the crypto world specially merchants.

Agreements and KYC's, this all should be done just so they could move forward.
Look at what they did with trading websites. Those are already examples of what will happen to merchants. How could they go on if with every transaction there will be tax that will go with it which should not be happening because that is the way bitcoin is made.

I dont think this will happen soon.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:18:30 PM

What crypto has attained till date from the day of its existence itself a good success. Now, slowly things were getting advanced with majority of the countries focus on digital growth. As a part I expect crypto adoption to take place in a large scale than that of the present.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

1. Okay? For that people need to know how to use bitcoin.
2. They definitely won't agree with a standard protocol. There are patent laws and legal issues.
3. I believe there are tons of icos doing that. But don't know which one is legit.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:35:36 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
Those are not bad ideas but I do not think it's going to work for several reasons, first of all you want cryptocurrency wallets installed in every single phone, but if my phone came with an application like that and I didn't use cryptocurrencies I'll just uninstall it, second we do not need adoption of crypto wallets we need adoption of cryptocurrencies, if I am not holding cryptocurrency I do not need a wallet, and for your second and third point I do not think that is really necessary.
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:01:07 AM

Previously, many retailers accepted Bitcoin as payments like overstock, newegg, etc. I think this is already in the adoption, but the tax regulation is not there so many merchants are still hesitant to continue this step. I think to realize this certainly is not as easy as expected, there is still much need for improvement from crypto to be more easily accepted by everyone and time.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:03:59 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
Those are not bad ideas but I do not think it's going to work for several reasons, first of all you want cryptocurrency wallets installed in every single phone, but if my phone came with an application like that and I didn't use cryptocurrencies I'll just uninstall it, second we do not need adoption of crypto wallets we need adoption of cryptocurrencies, if I am not holding cryptocurrency I do not need a wallet, and for your second and third point I do not think that is really necessary.

Yes I agree, this type of ideology may work in a perfect world but in the real world this is not going to happen.

For the questions- ICO have been doing this, they are trying to create wallets for their own coin. I have a lot of coins from bounties that have their own wallet.
Wallet alliance - I do not think that will work, but if you mean wallet that support multiple coins, I am using Jaxx and it supports multiple coins.
for the third question - I do not think it is going to ever happen.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:06:20 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg

I can't wait for this to happen. The convenience and ease on purchasing just by using our smart phones but there are some downsides when it comes to transaction speed and could possibly be charged of high transaction fees. Hoping that there's a real crypto that will be able to function and deliver as a currency not just a store of value or investment vehicle.
I know lots of innovations are still coming to try to perfect or correct the flaws of bitcoin as a currency so let's just wait patiently for that moment to come and enjoy its advantages and comfort that it come bring to all of us consumers.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:38:32 AM

The crypto market will definitely develop. There is probably almost no doubt about it. Even those who used to consider bitcoin and any other coin as "bubble" understand that they simply have no arguments for such claims. Demand for digital coins is growing, and the law of supply and demand has not been canceled.
With thousands or even hundred thousands of coins in crypto,i dont think the supply wasnt enough to sustain the demand even half of people in the world uses crypto.

And crypto will successfully pass the world in the near future,as the users continue to grow,and the technology continue to upgrading
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:41:14 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
I've heard this news, moreover the UEA and Russia will try to do this after they plan to adopt bitcoin, nothing is impossible there, it will happen only for a time not yet know when more precisely.
squatz1
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285

Flying Hellfish is a Commie

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:58:04 AM

The only thing which is going to push crypto into the real world is adoption, we have to make adoption easier and more accessible for businesses. Becuase changing from the bottom up doesn't seem to be working, and isn't going to be beneficial for companies. The only way this is going to work is if companies adopt bitcoin to accept it as a payment because they think they're going to be able to make more revenues or save on some expenses. If it is smart for companies to take crypto, and they're well informed on it, then they're going to do it.

We need adoption though.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:28:47 AM

It has increased for a very short period of time.
Bitcoin User Base Surges, Coinbase Adds 1 Mln Users in 1 Month

I doubt this will be agreed.

They can develop or use something that was being done or exposed on github but I don't know if they have to do this. Anyway they can simply receive payments and use their local exchange for integrating it with their accounting principles.

None.

You mean exchangers will agree which a standard principle for their wallets? I don't think so.

Movements to fight the fraudsters and fudsters peeps.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀