Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Making crypto succeed in the real world?  (Read 1154 times)
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:41:39 PM

Hi, I would love to hear your input on this.

As I see it, we need crypto wallets installed on every phone possible to ensure the readiness of everyday payment with crypto assets. Once customers are ready to pay, the stores will follow.

At least three things needs to happen:

1) Adoption of crypto wallets needs to increase (preferable with pre-funded assets)
2) Each wallet provider needs to agree on a standard protocol for payment (Maybe Payment Request API (W3))?
3) Store owners need a merchant app to receive payment with further integration into multiple accounting systems.

Have you seen anyone doing this?
Do we need a wallet alliance that can stipulate a standard?
What else needs to happen besides regulation?

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
https://validators.com
The demand isn’t as big as the risk that they will face, it’s possible but we still have to be patient waiting for Lightning Network to be able to transact fast so the transaction in the store will not hung up just by 1 Bitcoin transaction only. But there is nothing wrong to invite or advise merchants to accept Bitcoin as a medium of exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:51:20 PM

As I see it, we need crypto wallets installed on every phone possible to ensure the readiness of everyday payment with crypto assets. Once customers are ready to pay, the stores will follow.

1) Adoption of crypto wallets needs to increase (preferable with pre-funded assets)
2) Each wallet provider needs to agree on a standard protocol for payment (Maybe Payment Request API (W3))?
3) Store owners need a merchant app to receive payment with further integration into multiple accounting systems.

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
The demand isn’t as big as the risk that they will face, it’s possible but we still have to be patient waiting for Lightning Network to be able to transact fast so the transaction in the store will not hung up just by 1 Bitcoin transaction only. But there is nothing wrong to invite or advise merchants to accept Bitcoin as a medium of exchange.

What are the risks that merchants face when implementing Bitcoin payments? I think it hold very little risk for merchants actually, since you don't have to deal with fraudulent chargebacks.
The thing that's stopping mass acceptance is that there are no clear regulations in many countries.

When Japan imposed clear rules around crypto and exchanges, adoption also increased. 

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:23:37 PM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
We should focus more on Bitcoin acceptance on merchants instead of focusing on the wallet that already good on each platform and have its own community. While waiting for the Lightning Network is being developed we should try to submit it to several merchants and start with online merchants first, because it seems online merchants are easier to accept the submission.
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:39:10 PM

In my opinion,
To make Crypto succeed in the real world. We should first have stability of the price action more or less. Would you love to pay in BTC if it's price is at least 5-10 % Volatile a week ? My answer is no i would rather hold and  call this as store of value. And yes, We have other Cryptocurrency that can be used as  such. As we see, Block chain tech is already been started to be accept in the real world, i bet crypto currencies that solve real issue  will be in mass adoption in probably 10-15 years time frame.
Ulticon

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:14:07 PM

Storing the bitcoins on this app has made some things weird and not wanted.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:10:03 AM

Some countries are already using bitcoin as payments in their transactions and maybe this is the first step or the beginning of having cryptocurrency in the real world.
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:19:41 AM

Some countries are already using bitcoin as payments in their transactions and maybe this is the first step or the beginning of having cryptocurrency in the real world.
the initial step of support from people grappling with support for cryptocurrency including legalizing is the evidence the country supports
GamerPapaRoach5

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:30:26 AM

Making it available on the merchant is completely possible and you can do it to.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:52:06 PM

At this stage, there is a misconception among the general people regarding cryptocurrency and it is very unfortunate to see that 6 out of 10 people hear about Bitcoin through any kind of scam and it creates misconception in their mind about the whole crypto industry and that is acting as the obstacle to mass adoption of cryptocurrencies as a whole. We need to work on building awareness about cryptocurrencies and explain the basics of cryptocurrencies to promote the understanding it. It's not forcing someone to use it but to explain to them what cryptocurrencies are all about and how it works and then letting them decide whether to get involved or not.
necktiearrival0

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:46:48 AM

There are other ways to work and that makes the lighting transactions easy.
kalawang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:48:57 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
Collection of crypto make you rich someday. That os whats on my mind now. I want a more tokens so i can hold them. We will succeed we should wait for the right time to sell all of it. Someday all those early mornings and late nights will payoffs. We will be glad cause that day we will be successful
cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:58:27 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg
I think cryptocurrencies are already successful in real world first there is a cryptocurrency everywhere. Second if cryptocurrencies are fake billionaires or. Millionaires because of Cryptocurrencies are also fake. We shouldn't make a money in cryptocurrencies when its already fake right
Paul karet

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:59:35 AM

If that would have been easy then it could have been already being followed everywhere. But its not! Merchants fear because they have to track the sales, earnings, pay taxes and much more. There is no provision for this purpose yet and thats why they might not just accept it so easily. For customers it gets difficult to wait in the coffee shop until they get sufficient confirmation of the bitcoin process. So there are not single but many problems in using this currency. Until the time we dont see huge set up for this then we cant see any progress as whole really.

I looks like the lightning network could make the transaction fast as any VISA payment and function offline with later synchronization. Its true that merchants lack integration with the old systems - Not seeing anyone doing this besides maybe https://utrust.com/.

V.
actually this kind of thing is a good goal and can happen, but it may take a long time.
as has been discussed. Internet connection is still not stable and uneven, this will be a barrier.
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:09:12 AM

Codecs now do not simply exist in the form of payments that represent a new technology, a company, an organization, and the promotion of social development. Ever since ETH came out and upgraded to the smartest version of the new technology, it's under development. I believe that by 2020 the crypto will become more common and solve many problems of the world. At the same time, the market capitalization of Crypto will be huge based on the value of crypto.
meatygeiger

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:41:07 PM

It is completely right and this has happened and it keeps on happening.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:39:32 AM

Best crypto greetings,
Vindberg

I think they must taste the benefits of bitcoins in business. Bitcoins are creating so easy solutions to hundreds of the problems out there in business industry. You are even allowed to increase your investment and profits ratio just be indulging in bitcoins. Keep your business’s portion in bitcoins as well and get a boost of profit side by side as well. So yes, they must get into this.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:11:10 AM

Wallet alliance? No man, its not about the wallet itself. Those things will never matter as they are just processes of transferring, storing and retrieving the info about the coin. Thats virtual thing, an android app for instance!

What really matters is government approval to all these things. As long as reserve bank of each nation dont come to the same page until then we are not going to see that one happening really. The wallet creation has become very easy these days and there are literally thousands of them both regulated and unregulated one.
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:41:01 AM

To make the crypto a success in the real world, the hands of many of them are investors, bounty programs. ico and most importantly the members must jointly build them to become more useful to society
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:49:36 AM

Making cryptocurrency success in the real world means that you will get a lot of people to get to understand the benefits and find it really use, and finally adopt it for real world transactions.
We can achieve it by taking only bitcoin for the services that we offer, but it's really hard to do that because you will just end up converting the bitcoins into cash so most of the people won't mind to take cash directly.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:06:04 AM

I don't really think that the lack of adoption is related to wallet adoption or any kind of services/platforms related to wallets. I will only talk about bitcoin, because in my opinion is the closest crypto we have, that has a chance to become a currency. In order to BTC to be adopted by merchants it needs to solve the issues that are being talked about over and over again.

First it needs to solve scalability issues, and the lightning network will fix that soon.

Then it needs clear regulation, otherwise merchants won't be really comfortable in investing their money in order to create/adopt a payment service that could bring problems to them in the future.

Then it needs more liquidity in order to become less volatile. Of course this last one will solve itself once adoption starts to occur.

Finally it needs what the OP was mentioning, but I don't think an alliance it's needed or anything like that. We have services like pundi for example, that are creating a good platform for merchants to use crypto, and we probably have many more like then, and once all the other issues are solved, since everything is open source, we will get plenty of services popping up in no time, that are stable and user friendly.

I really think that what the OP was mentioning will be the last step in adoption, and it's an easy one to make.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████