Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Bubble about to Burst  (Read 2232 times)
Opsamk (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:06:18 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 03:16:22 PM by Opsamk

I've been around during the last 3 bubble bursts. Seeing the current state of the bitcoin economy today, it looks like the bubble is about to burst, probably around $2k is when it seems ridiculous and then everybody starts to sell off in the next couple weeks. Some of you may not be able to smell the smoke, but I do.

1GPsFkReoJi8isJk1Vyry7NVnL2qpaC9Ja

Feeling generous? Send me some bits Smiley
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:11:26 PM

Yeah this one looks rough, and the road may be too tough to swallow for now. Euphoria.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:18:43 PM

maybe it will have a massive blowoff top....... $5k perhaps

That would be crazy, and bitcoin loves crazy!
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:38:12 PM

The deep correction when we first hit $900 makes me feel this has a way to go yet. During previous run-ups, any correction has ended up looking fairly insignificant once the true magnitude of the exponential curve is revealed.

However, as with every run up before, I just can't see how we can possibly go much higher!!!? Which is how I felt at $10 on the way to $30, and then at $60 on the way to $266...

I'm not even sure what is real anymore.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

The deep correction when we first hit $900 makes me feel this has a way to go yet. During previous run-ups, any correction has ended up looking fairly insignificant once the true magnitude of the exponential curve is revealed.

However, as with every run up before, I just can't see how we can possibly go much higher!!!? Which is how I felt at $10 on the way to $30, and then at $60 on the way to $266...

Dit you take the blue or red pill ?

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:48:49 PM

I think the red, it was dark though... I keep seeing lots of green numbers fly past on clark moody, and I can't find a single spoon anywhere in the house!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:12:26 PM

Crushed both, mixed them together, railed the entire mixture
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:13:48 PM

Someone needs to take the air out of the balloon.  Will no one dump just a bit to keep this under control?   

No matter where you go, there you are.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:15:11 PM

I've been around during the last 3 bubble bursts. Seeing the current state of the bitcoin economy today, it looks like the bubble is about to burst, probably around $2k is when it seems ridiculous and then everybody starts to sell off in the next couple weeks. Some of you may not be able to smell the smoke, but I do.

If 1000$ doesn't seem ridiculous and people keep buying then nothing will change at 2000$. See you at 10000$.  Lips sealed
Opsamk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:21:46 PM

If 1000$ doesn't seem ridiculous and people keep buying then nothing will change at 2000$. See you at 10000$.  Lips sealed

Yeaaaano... I look forward to the end result.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:24:59 PM

I think the red, it was dark though... I keep seeing lots of green numbers fly past on clark moody, and I can't find a single spoon anywhere in the house!

LOL

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:32:40 PM

It seems that most people are not selling and just riding it higher. This seems to be the best strategy right now. I wonder how high it can go if most people don't sell and just a few coins are really put on the market.

At one point when the momentum stops and people start to sell it is highly questionable if the money will be there for all the people who want to cash out.

I think most normal people are simply not buying and it must be some big investor trying to corner the market or something.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Opsamk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:49:25 PM

It seems that most people are not selling and just riding it higher. This seems to be the best strategy right now. I wonder how high it can go if most people don't sell and just a few coins are really put on the market.

At one point when the momentum stops and people start to sell it is highly questionable if the money will be there for all the people who want to cash out.

I think most normal people are simply not buying and it must be some big investor trying to corner the market or something.
If what you say is true, then the market is at the mercy of the sellers/holders, which usually makes a nice storm when the bubble is popped. We are reaching the point of market saturation where there are no more buyers left in the current bitcoin adopter pool. This realization will cause most people to panic and try to reach for that big pot of gold at the top of the bubble. I find it very likely now that we will hit no more than $2k and panic selling will be the next big news item.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

If you expect that $2,000 could be the top, then we still have a ways to go, no? Well, given the current rate of growth, maybe a week or less...  Roll Eyes

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:15:38 PM

Been watching http://whiskers75.com/bitcoin - you can see when it hits a figure like $1200, you get about 120 sells, and then a flood of buys to match the price back up. One day, those sells will be too big to recover from... :\

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
t3xasdolly

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:24:31 PM

You can make sell orders up to 2000 and buy orders lower if you believe your right
Keep some coins just in case your wrong   Wink
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:28:35 PM

Yes the bubble that is gonna burst soon is the Dollar.
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:39:41 PM

Not all will consider selling, unless panic sell occur.
I have felling such continuous rise must be bull trap.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:42:29 PM

Coinbase just exceeded their daily buy order limits today, similar to what happened on Nov. 18 when price doubled in one day. Either there must still be huge demand for more coins, or the Coinbase staff just wants to relax for Thanksgiving and stop filling orders. lol

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
mskryxz

Activity: 433

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:51:20 PM

Will they freeze my order I made last week that is still pending to arrive for tomorrow?

Or only new orders made today?

This is in regards to coinbase.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: