Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:26:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldenTown's Community Thread: Drama Free Scam Free  (Read 9345 times)
Scorpion (OP)

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:17:20 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 08:33:29 AM by Scorpion

Just an update from me... I haven't played the game in over a year. I never made any money but I also got bored and lost motivation, there's some interesting discussion in this thread from an individual who used to test the game originally. I can't verify the factual truth behind these things or anything like that it's up to you decide. I'm surprised this thread is still alive. I just came back to bitcointalk recently too.

-----
BELOW were messages in 2013. This is a very old thread - but some people may wish to continue and use this thread to talk about the site.
-----
In light of recent events and a lot of us being scammed in those GoldenTown's referral threads I decided to make a new one where we all can help each other and avoid new players from being scammed as well.

This idea was originally thought by tutkarz in one of those threads. His idea was to create new accounts where each new player uses the person's above link so everyone has a downline. It doesn't seem good as BTC reward but let's be honest those claims were just too good to be true. Well, it could be better because your downline may pay 10% game taxes to for a long time, long after you're both level 30. You never know.

Also, did you know that even if you don't sign up using someone's link you will still be someone's referral? So you will still pay a 10% referrer tax no matter what.

I signed up a new account using tutkarz link:

1. tutkarz
www.goldentowns.com?i=46066
2. Then ravelant used my link
www.goldentowns.com?i=75260
3. Then ravelant posted his link, which BubuLeMag used
www.goldentowns.com?i=75360
4. Then BubuLeMag posted his link, which thehashman used
http://www.goldentowns.com?i=75448
5. Then thehashman posted his link, which subba used
www.goldentowns.com?i=75987
6. Then subba posted his link
www.goldentowns.com?i=97471

7, 8, 9... and it will go on and on and on.

Please pay attention to who your up-line should be by reading the most frequent posts. If there happens to be a hiccup we will sort it out by getting the newest player to re-register so everything is fair. Let's keep this thread drama free as possible!

We can also use this thread to discuss all things GoldenTowns and use it as place of discussion, guides, and tips for one another and also make friends.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ravelant

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:23:15 PM

Signed up under Scorpion.

My referral link.

www.goldentowns.com?i=75360
BubuLeMag

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:42:49 PM

Signed up under ravelant

My referral link : http://www.goldentowns.com?i=75448
thehashman

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:54:45 AM

Signed up under BubuLeMag

My referral link: www.goldentowns.com?i=75987
Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:18:50 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 07:20:07 AM by Scorpion

Four downlines so far. This is really awesome!

ravelant

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:56:31 AM

Slowly building back up.   Grin
Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:25:05 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 01:58:29 PM by Scorpion

I know, but it feels better this time around hah. Not paying taxes to a scammer and building up the town right.

Well that's the thing. Let's try to optimize our towns. So here I am level 1. And I started building up the quality roads around the production buildings first, so I can upgrade them. Later on we'll need to upgrade the market and town halls right? So what is the best building to place here (red arrow)?

Can anyone out there with a high level show screenshot of how they laid out their town so we can learn? Thank you, much appreciated.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:02:39 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 05:41:41 PM by Amph

i don't care, i will not invest a penny in this game.
anyway

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:29:10 PM

i don't care, i will not invest a penny in this game.
anyway

That's a pretty badass town, my town is not as organized Tongue
Anyways, I'll be checking in here every once in a while, just to help out the newbie players.  

My Happiness is almost 50%, finally Tongue
I recommend everyone else also post a pic of their town here.

Also, if anyone is really interested in the game, I suggest you join under me.  I can provide any help you need, and answer your questions.
www.goldentowns.com?i=33569
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:31:23 PM

I know, but it feels better this time around hah. Not paying taxes to a scammer and building up the town right.

Well that's the thing. Let's try to optimize our towns. So here I am level 1. And I started building up the quality roads around the production buildings first, so I can upgrade them. Later on we'll need to upgrade the market and town halls right? So what is the best building to place here (red arrow)?

Can anyone out there with a high level show screenshot of how they laid out their town so we can learn? Thank you, much appreciated.

Also, next downline please use thehashman's link then post your referral link:

I just put a police station and fire station in that red arrow spot and the spot right beside it, on the other side of the road.
I did this so the town hall can easily be level 3, IDK if it's the best idea.  I'll post my town once I get all houses to level 5 or 6, and all production buildings maxed Smiley
Eternity

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:00:53 PM

Well you can sign up under me

Have advanced quite lot under whom i signed as he turned to be some scammer started all over again

Why would you sign under me

Can help you in the game and give tips as we move on

www.goldentowns.com?i=74265
Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:52:52 AM

Well you can sign up under me

Have advanced quite lot under whom i signed as he turned to be some scammer started all over again

Why would you sign under me

Can help you in the game and give tips as we move on

www.goldentowns.com?i=74265

I can't. You have to sign up under thehashman for this to work. Then it's fair for everyone.

Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:59:25 PM

That's a really nice town Amph. I'm basically going to follow that layout til level 5. (I'm level 3 right now)

Also, next downline please use thehashman's link then post your referral link:

hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:34:57 AM

They only Scammer. Say: "No" with ref GoldenTown.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:35:08 AM

What's the story with golden town can you make money playing?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:38:57 AM

I'm a beginner to this game, so I can't act like I know everything about it but from what I've gathered:

- The economy based just like Bitcoin where there's a maximum amount of currency in the system, in this case gold mined.
- The virtual gold is backed by real 24k gold, the amount or real gold backing up the virtual gold is constantly growing every second.
- Virtual gold can be traded by the resellers (players who have 100% happiness in their towns, qualify) with PayPal, Bitcoin or the real gold.
- I have no idea what the average or casual player can make yet, but  it is a fun game regardless.

ravelant

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:53:34 PM

The main landing page for the site has a side bar which displays recent gold transactions for fiat.

I was reading a strategy last night that recommended building farms only and utilizing the market to trade for other needed resources.  By only utilizing farms, you do not consume resources (just time) to produce.  Not sure how viable the strategy is but seemed to be an interesting idea.
Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:24:47 PM

The main landing page for the site has a side bar which displays recent gold transactions for fiat.

I was reading a strategy last night that recommended building farms only and utilizing the market to trade for other needed resources.  By only utilizing farms, you do not consume resources (just time) to produce.  Not sure how viable the strategy is but seemed to be an interesting idea.

That was my theory as well, considering the base resource (vegetable) doesn't cost any resource except time and (game) energy. And starting unskilled workers never die.

monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:53:07 PM

I'm a beginner to this game, so I can't act like I know everything about it but from what I've gathered:

- The economy based just like Bitcoin where there's a maximum amount of currency in the system, in this case gold mined.
- The virtual gold is backed by real 24k gold, the amount or real gold backing up the virtual gold is constantly growing every second.
- Virtual gold can be traded by the resellers (players who have 100% happiness in their towns, qualify) with PayPal, Bitcoin or the real gold.
- I have no idea what the average or casual player can make yet, but  it is a fun game regardless.

Average/Casual player would usually make nothing.  Also, investing gold won't speed up the process too much unless you use it wisely.  I've earned hundreds of raw materials from war funds, now that was a great investment Smiley

You have to play for many months before you start earning a couple of dollars a week. Play it for fun, don't think too much about the money Wink

That's what I currently do, farms only instead of producing iron and clay.
Scorpion (OP)

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:26:14 AM

Thanks for your input monbux.

What I could never figure out is, for town shares, who does the gold go to is it split like all the other resources?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: