Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:55:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: produced 17 million BTC, when will they get 21 million?  (Read 596 times)
Manoj94

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:16:55 PM

Schedule is based on no. Of blocks. After every 4 years per block reward will be half. So mining can be continue to 2160 to generate all 21 million Bitcoin.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:02:21 PM

Bitcoin still need a long time to be mined max 21mil because the more approaching 21 mil, the less bitcoin can be mined.
It is about 100 years more i think for bitcoin to be fully mined.
DragonETH (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:01:16 AM

Schedule is based on no. Of blocks. After every 4 years per block reward will be half. So mining can be continue to 2160 to generate all 21 million Bitcoin.
Yes, 21 million can be extracted in 100 years, theoretically, but the main production will occur in the coming years, everything else that will remain for 100 years will be such crumbs that perhaps (500 000 BTC), it will change the entire economy of bitcoin.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:01:14 AM

Today, the number of produced bitcoins has exceeded 17 million. Considering that according to protocol rules the maximum number of all bitcoins is limited to 21 million, this is a very important event, because this happens rarely and will happen less and less. For example, the previous millionth milestone (16 million) was passed in mid-2016.
The event can also be considered as a reminder of the unique achievement of computer science - the creation and maintenance of digital deficits through a distributed transaction register.
DragonETH (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:44:52 AM

Today, the number of produced bitcoins has exceeded 17 million. Considering that according to protocol rules the maximum number of all bitcoins is limited to 21 million, this is a very important event, because this happens rarely and will happen less and less. For example, the previous millionth milestone (16 million) was passed in mid-2016.
The event can also be considered as a reminder of the unique achievement of computer science - the creation and maintenance of digital deficits through a distributed transaction register.
each next bitcoin is more expensive and more expensive for mankind, the amount of equipment involved in its production, the amount of electricity that was spent on the extraction of the next bitcoin is growing. therefore, every million bitcoins mined is a huge success for people in the development of technology and infrostructure.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

PROJECTON

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Haryourmi

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:52:18 AM

Bitcoin value rises everyday.  So its possible before time for it to rise to 21 million.
bitcoineverything

Activity: 504

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:02:30 PM

I am also looking out for the next halving event which will be happening this 2020. This will surely be another catalyst for adoption and value increase of Bitcoin just as it was during 2016. Cryptocurrencies still have a very long way to go.

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!
nawmiii

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:07:42 PM

I think that it will take longer because as the Bitcoins are mined and are close to the cap, mining will get harder. Did they consider the numbers of miners available? What if the miners eventually stop before reaching the cap?
syris

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:12:48 PM

produced 17 million BTC, is it really we go through this schedule to 2033 will get 21 million BTC?

earlier forecasts gave a production of 21 million BTC in 2140. What forecasts are real and when will we get 21 million BTC?
miners have already "snatched" from the algorithm for almost six months, and this trend can continue?

The "schedule" is based on the number of block, not per year, although it should also be pretty accurate per year too, because afaik the mining difficulty keeps adjusting to match this.
I don't know where you have that graph (and btw, your graph shows a difference of 107 years by my math, not 6 months), but the official timeline tells a range between 2129 and 2149.
The whole thing is written here, if you have the patience to read.

Edit: I've re-checked your image vs the official numbers and I think I know where your dilemma comes from. Because of the halving the block reward will become smaller and smaller and for the last years it will be really small (really really really small). Just check the reward eras.

Amazing infographics and information in your messages. I want to note that bitcoin mining is really getting harder and harder every year. Every quarter I see what a small transaction fee.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 12:16:59 PM

Reaching 21 million BTC will take very long, we will not be in life most probably.  Smiley

Even if there are "only" 4 millions remaining BTC for mining, the mining difficulty is very high right now and will continue to increase exponentially over the time. So don't worry about BTC being mined.
Even after having finished to mine the 21 millions I think BTC could switch the algorithm from Proof of Work (POW) to Proof of stake (POS) or something similar. The story will not end anytime soon.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:19:33 PM
Merited by Makka (1)

Right now we are at about a 3 percent inflation rate, which is still pretty low for a new type of currency.  Most fiat currency is usually around 2 percent.  The reward gets halved in a couple of years so our inflation rate will be much lower and a large price rise will soon follow.  It's going to take about 100 years for all the bitcoin's to be mined and by that point the price will be very high so miners will still have a big incentive to support the network.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:19:51 PM

produced 17 million BTC, is it really we go through this schedule to 2033 will get 21 million BTC?
I think that this issue Bitcoin is very stretched in time, so it will not affect the cost.
Therefore, do not worry, by this time our children will grow up and these Bitcoins will be bought by them. Smiley
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:35:57 PM

It's quite possible to reach it by 2033, given if the number of miners increases or difficulty goes down. But anything goes in the world of crypto so we can't really tell. WHat we should be focusing on right now is the development of bitcoin and not when we will reach cap.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:36:25 PM

Right now we are at about a 3 percent inflation rate, which is still pretty low for a new type of currency.  Most fiat currency is usually around 2 percent.  The reward gets halved in a couple of years so our inflation rate will be much lower and a large price rise will soon follow.  It's going to take about 100 years for all the bitcoin's to be mined and by that point the price will be very high so miners will still have a big incentive to support the network.

It will be scary if bitcoin drops hard like $1,000. Some traders and investors was thinking bitcoin starts to fade slowly but I don't think it happens. I believe bitcoin will be past $7,000 before next week.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:27:24 PM

if bitcoin is scarce, then the difficulty level of mining also becomes more difficult, and it will take a long time to reach 21 million BTC, but bitcoin value becomes more expensive.

you may take some opinions about the end of the bitcoin stocks, but I think that no one knows when bitcoin reaches 21 million.

predicting the end of the bitcoin inventory is the same with predicting bitcoin fluctuation. and that's hard.

DragonETH (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:22:49 AM

It's quite possible to reach it by 2033, given if the number of miners increases or difficulty goes down. But anything goes in the world of crypto so we can't really tell. WHat we should be focusing on right now is the development of bitcoin and not when we will reach cap.
so the development of bitcoin depends on the miners who mine their millions of coins. 2033 is not the year when the whole bitcoin will be mined, it is the year when the mined part will be so small that it may become not interesting for miners.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

PROJECTON

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
ZahaRip

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

so the development of bitcoin depends on the miners who mine their millions of coins. 2033 is not the year when the whole bitcoin will be mined, it is the year when the mined part will be so small that it may become not interesting for miners.
if the price for the extracted bitcoin block exceeds one million dollars, then there will be those who want to extract it after 2022.
Harribel03

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:16:16 PM

Some said, the last bitcoin will be mined in 2140. Time by time, mining of bitcoins become more complicated due to the difficulties in mining. I think there are always a division in bitcoin in a couple of years. 17 million bitcoins was already and I think it does not mean that mining of bitcoins will become easy every year. Therefore, 2033 may not be the last day for the reserved bitcoin to mine.
Philomena86

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:51:52 AM

And the blocks are quite similar, I think. The Hashrate network grows day and night and uses a two-week adaptation period, whether it can accelerate production by the two-week period or increase power.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:58:32 AM

Yes, 21 million can be extracted in 100 years, theoretically, but the main production will occur in the coming years, everything else that will remain for 100 years will be such crumbs that perhaps (500 000 BTC), it will change the entire economy of bitcoin.

Theoretically, 21 million BTC is estimated to be mined in about 100 years, but I think there's a chance this may happen sooner if the technology will rise fast enough to hash the remaining mining blocks. There's a good chance of that.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: