Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:00:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Crypto Trading Market: Making Millionaires  (Read 1817 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:42:26 PM

It finally struck me the other day that Bitcoin is just the beginning.   Bitcoin (in my opinion) is the coin with the most intrinsic value backing its *utility*.

The alt coins are mostly copycats with minor differences.  (no offense to anyone, and this isn't the focus of my post).  But they don't need to have any intrinsic value really.  The alt coin market is starting to become a way to get rich, multiple times over.   The money making has now branched to litecoin.   And as of last night - Namecoin has doubled and tripled, or more ....

I truly believe that the alt coin market is going to be an environment of pumping up prices on various alt coins, one by one, as people get rich and cash out.  Everyone's a winner.  As soon as the Chinese realize what an effective gambling tool the alt coin market is, I do believe one could easily make tens of thousands on each coin, then cash out.  Resulting in a nonstop flow of mass quantities of investment returns, for the next 1 to 2 years, minimum.   

And there is no reason why it would ever stop.  Its not illegal, and someone else can create a new coin anytime they like.  Investors can pump up the price, cash in like crazy, and move on to the next one.  I really believe this is going to happen, and as such, I am buying ample quantities of each coin now, to get in early.  It seems like it will be an endless, cycling, repeating way to get rich over, and over, and over ....

Thoughts?

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boardercrest

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 04:57:53 PM

Is anybody losing in this scenario? Undecided
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

Is anybody losing in this scenario? Undecided

Obviously not.  Everyone wins and it just keep going up billions of % in the OP scenario.
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:03:14 PM

The question is:  Do you have the balls of steel to get in on 1,000 PPC or 2,000 NMC or 3,000 TRC or 5 million DVC ... while they're still worthless (cheap) ?

To get in early, means the largest quantity of coins of each, and therefore to make the most money when it goes up even just a little.

spontainer

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:03:45 PM

Well, the primary value of any currency, is in its fungibility.  In addition, the more vendors at more locations that accept a currency, the more valuable it becomes.  The more liquidity in any given currency, also limits the risk in holding that currency because liquidity provides the ability to sell or buy without the need to search for a buyer or seller.

So which is more important fungibility or liquidity?  They are both important in order to reach critical mass.  

I don't see an endless stream of crypto currencies flowing in and bubbling like tulips and then the market moving onto the next one.  The markets have a short memory, but not that short.  If BTC were to dump, there will be few, if any, followers.  If Litecoin dumps few alternatives, if any, will follow in a big ramp up then crash.

Competition in currencies is good, but like all commodities that retain fungibility and liquidity, there can be too many.  Only the strong will survive.  And it these currencies are to really compete, duplicate or in fact replace FIAT currencies, then mass adoption and consolidation will be the key to that success.  

The press will THRIVE on the pump and dump scenario of crypto currency after crypto currency rising and falling like bubbles.  Just look at this silly article from the New York Times linked here: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/11/27/a-prediction-bitcoin-is-doomed-to-fail/?_r=0  

That NYTimes article is full of classic psyop FUD:

AUTHOR STATEMENT: "The currency’s issuer is an unknown computer programmer"
FALSE --- The currency has no "issuer" as the currency is issued by computers connected to the internet run by volunteers (i.e.: miners) that are rewarded for their computing power to process transactions in mining proceeds of Bitcoin.  There is no central issuing entity.  There is no need and actually the system is theoretically impossible for a central control over the currency.  The author's statement here is factually, logically and literally incorrect.

AUTHOR STATEMENT: "Right now, bitcoin is tiny; at the current exaggerated exchange rate"
FALSE ---- "Exaggerated exchange rate" should be stated as "market rate", because the current rate is what the market is paying for the currency.  Just like any other floating currency.  The currency has no central price control.  All Bitcoin pricing today is set by the market, by buyers and sellers in 100% market driven exchanges.  Note that the term "Exaggerated" in the author's article is very misleading.

AUTHOR: the total projected volume of “coins” is worth less than the gross domestic product of Mongolia
FALSE ---- the existing issued volume of Bitcoins already exceeds Mongolia GDP
FALSE ---- Author refers to "projected volume".   "projected" it is defined in the Bitcoin system at 21 million coins by 2030 and then no more new coinage.  This market cap at today's market prices far exceeds Mongolia GDP.

AUTHOR: Similarly, truly private money is an inferior alternative to the money that comes with the backing of a political authority.
DEFINITION REQUIRED: What is "political authority".  I find it quite bizarre to use this term and not "the state" or "the market" but instead to choose "political authority".  How often do you read the term "political authority" when referring to any governmental state?

There is a real propaganda war about to start with Bitcoin and all crypto currencies.  Trust TPTB to step it up a notch real fast.  Comments like the original poster to this thread basically saying "fleece the Chinese again and again through issuance after issuance" will only help that propaganda effort.  
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:10:17 PM

Disclaimer:

Hope I didn't come across wrong.  I realize I may have sounded like the people I hate (daytrading douchebags who care nothing for the philosophy behind a company - they are just vultures wanting to get rich).

Mentioning the Chinese was just my retarded way of saying "maybe a really huge group that obviously loves to invest in risky high reward returns" will start pumping up alt coin prices *for* us ...

(a good thing)

I love Bitcoin and everything behind it.   Litecoin is great because its 10x faster.  The rest?  Well I hope everyone gets rich.   I don't mean that in a douchey way.

I don't mean to retract from all the hard work each alt coin Dev team is doing.  Your passion will hopefully pay off in the end.

/disclaimer

spontainer

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Hey BittBurger, I was not slamming you.  Just trying to make you aware that the main stream media will start scouring these forums looking for quotes when TPTB step up the propaganda war.  It will make good headlines, sell click through ads, etc.

It amazes me that still even using TOR and connecting to google news Bitcoin is NEVER on the front page.  You have to search for it.  There is a concerted effort to hide.  The next effort will be a full on propaganda war. 

Brainstorms are great.  But beware of the pitfalls ahead.

Disclaimer:

Hope I didn't come across wrong.  I realize I may have sounded like the people I hate (daytrading douchebags who care nothing for the philosophy behind a company - they are just vultures wanting to get rich).

Mentioning the Chinese was just my retarded way of saying "maybe a really huge group that obviously loves to invest in risky high reward returns" will start pumping up alt coin prices *for* us ...

(a good thing)

I love Bitcoin and everything behind it.   Litecoin is great because its 10x faster.  The rest?  Well I hope everyone gets rich.   I don't mean that in a douchey way.

I don't mean to retract from all the hard work each alt coin Dev team is doing.  Your passion will hopefully pay off in the end.

/disclaimer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: