Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 video cards installed affects network ?  (Read 123 times)
Scuba19 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:12:06 AM

On a Dell  Intel Core 2  duo processor I have  one  video card on the  PCIE bus and the  other  on a riser.  In this  confg  the network card disappears. As  I remove a card from the riser and  reboot, the  network appears. I have changed the riser three different  ones, same result, the  latest  bios  - 200/2009 and  there  is  no way to tweak interrupts  on the  bios.

Thoughts  ?

The card  works  on another  machine     Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

On a Dell  Intel Core 2  duo processor I have  one  video card on the  PCIE bus and the  other  on a riser.  In this  confg  the network card disappears. As  I remove a card from the riser and  reboot, the  network appears. I have changed the riser three different  ones, same result, the  latest  bios  - 200/2009 and  there  is  no way to tweak interrupts  on the  bios.

Thoughts  ?

The card  works  on another  machine     Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Looks like you are run out on your PCIE Lanes, have you tried disabling other on board perf like USB and sounds thru motherboard Bios?

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:18:07 PM

Looks like you are run out on your PCIE Lanes, have you tried disabling other on board perf like USB and sounds thru motherboard Bios?

Same thoughts as this guy. Here is a step-by-step of what you need be doing:

1. reboot computer.
2. open BIOS settings.
3. go to PCIE configuration
4. disable HD audio, and USB functionality
5. save and restart computer
6. shutdown
7. install GPUs
8. boot computer

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:36:46 PM

yeap, seems you do not have enough PCE-e lanes and the only way for you to use gpus and network is to disable something, as posted already - you may disable internal sound..   or you may try a second option, disable network card in bios and use usb network card)  might work
Scuba19 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:56:42 AM

I have disabled the floppy drove,  FDC controller, I have  disabled sound,  I have  not  disabled USB as the  mouse and  keyboard  are in fact  USB, I have  switched  video from onboard to  PCIE, still the  same result.  While  I trouble shoot is there a possibility that a board  just is  not able to accept  2 cards  with a riser,  or that  is  not really an  option ?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:13:24 PM

I have disabled the floppy drove,  FDC controller, I have  disabled sound,  I have  not  disabled USB as the  mouse and  keyboard  are in fact  USB, I have  switched  video from onboard to  PCIE, still the  same result.  While  I trouble shoot is there a possibility that a board  just is  not able to accept  2 cards  with a riser,  or that  is  not really an  option ?

try to Set your PCIe in your Bios to lower such as Gen1

in any case if still cant detect it, you may consider buying a newer boads

there are a lot of decent second hand boards out there for less than 50bucks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: