Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:57:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which machine to buy?  (Read 2718 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:41:16 PM

If you really want to get into the mining, you should buy it from a manufacturer that only advertise and sell in-stock products. Otherwise you are just asking us to guess which manufacturer will respect its delays, and that my friend is clearly impossible to predict.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:51:08 PM

which manufacturer will respect its delays, and that my friend is clearly impossible to predict.

Actually it's possible since there are some manufacturers that indeed honor their words. The hard part is to predict difficulaty and what it seems even more difficult is to see the obvious. That buying those miners don't worth it.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:51:38 PM

You should buy the only machine with instant delivery and guaranteed profit. Bitcoins. Leave miners for knc fanboys etc who want to donate moneys to their favourite company.

Do  you have something against Knc , mentioning them in your last post and just bashing them with no facts?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:18:46 PM

which manufacturer will respect its delays, and that my friend is clearly impossible to predict.

Actually it's possible since there are some manufacturers that indeed honor their words. The hard part is to predict difficulaty and what it seems even more difficult is to see the obvious. That buying those miners don't worth it.

As far as i am concern, I have not heard from any manufacturer that sent on-schedule preordered products. There is always some delay of any sorts as it is frequent in such technological field. Thats why they keep it so vague when it comes to predict a release/delivery date ("end of june", "early Q2", "march"...blablabla).

Again i really think taking manufacturers word about the release of a product that is not even fully developed and tested is purely speculative and should be considered with extreme caution.

what makes worth mining is whether you are able to limit the unknown regarding the difficulty at some point.. AND the probability of you getting delivered by the estimated time of such difficulty. good luck.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:23:31 PM

As far as i am concern, I have not heard from any manufacturer that sent on-schedule preordered products. There is always some delay of any sorts as it is frequent in such technological field. Thats why they keep it so vague when it comes to predict a release/delivery date ("end of june", "early Q2", "march"...blablabla).

Again i really think taking manufacturers word about the release of a product that is not even fully developed and tested is purely speculative and should be considered with extreme caution.

what makes worth mining is whether you are able to limit the unknown regarding the difficulty at some point.. AND the probability of you getting delivered by the estimated time of such difficulty. good luck.

Well as much as i don't want to talk in favor of a company i think that KnC does well when it comes to being on schedule. No so well on pricing though  Tongue
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

Well as much as i don't want to talk in favor of a company i think that KnC does well when it comes to being on schedule. No so well on pricing though  Tongue

hmm maybe you are right, altough i have not been a KNC customer but i have seen people complaining about them on this forum as well. In my experience, Bitfury is "The" most serious manufacturer when it comes to delivery delays since they work on an in-stock model (i got delivered 4 days after purchasing a full kit on their website.)   Smiley
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:25:51 PM

hmm maybe you are right, altough i have not been a KNC customer but i have seen people complaining about them on this forum as well. In my experience, Bitfury is "The" most serious manufacturer when it comes to delivery delays since they work on an in-stock model (i got delivered 4 days after purchasing a full kit on their website.)   Smiley

And how did that worked out for you? I mean roi-wise. How many coins did the miner made for you and how many you could have bought instead of the miner at the time of the purchase?
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:40:01 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 12:40:20 AM by hdbuck

hmm maybe you are right, altough i have not been a KNC customer but i have seen people complaining about them on this forum as well. In my experience, Bitfury is "The" most serious manufacturer when it comes to delivery delays since they work on an in-stock model (i got delivered 4 days after purchasing a full kit on their website.)   Smiley

And how did that worked out for you? I mean roi-wise. How many coins did the miner made for you and how many you could have bought instead of the miner at the time of the purchase?

I mined for 2 weeks with a total 450+ GH/s, which got me around 6 BTC, then sold the kit for 16BTC so 22BTC total for an initla investment of around 5k€. I think it was a pretty good move. But i've made lots of research before, followed bitfury's thread for months to be sure... about their delivery system Grin

and at the time i bought the kit, 1BTC was about 350€ so i could have had 5500/350 = 16BTC if i had bought bitcoins directly so that is 6 freshly minted coins benefit. + the cool experience of mining  Cheesy
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:15:16 AM

so do we go with

knc neptune 3th/s but be end of june before shipping?

cointerra 2th/s for 6k and march shipping

hashfast 1.2th/s for 6k and march shopping

black arrow 2th/s 5k feb shipping

any thought of the top 4 hardware currently being punted at the moment,

who will ship the best machine on time?

im leaning towards black arrow machine for a feb delivery, looking at 3 machines, so 6th/s running.

Would anyone suggest anything better?

These days when BTC price hit $1000, everybody sing the same song: "want to be miner!"
But nobody look here:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
Consider to invest in coins better than start mining. It more safe and more rewarding !
Buy all type of coins (BTC,PPC,TRC, LTC,FTC) then wait and trade !

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: