Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood in the Streets  (Read 2315 times)
Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:31:09 AM

Merchants need to be selling for btc BELOW their cash/credit prices, otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

This would make sense since there's no cost associated with taking bitcoins like with a merchant account.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 01:32:32 AM

Merchants need to be selling for btc BELOW their cash/credit prices, otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

This would make sense since there's no cost associated with taking bitcoins like with a merchant account.

YA GUYS, BUT BUT, I'M TAKING A RISK AND HELPING TO BOOTSTRAP THE ECONOMY OF THE FUTURE.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 02:44:11 AM

Well, there is the COMPLETE bullshit practice of the exchanges double tapping the funds on both sides of the exchange. Why anyone would submit to this ass-raping is beyond me. I will delete my fucking coins before an exchange gets a piece of both sides of them.
Minsc

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 02:47:26 AM

Well, there is the COMPLETE bullshit practice of the exchanges double tapping the funds on both sides of the exchange. Why anyone would submit to this ass-raping is beyond me. I will delete my fucking coins before an exchange gets a piece of both sides of them.

And then there's all these tradebots.  Who runs them, Mt. Gox?  I don't know how they make a profit trading right near the edge of transactions unless they have no transaction fees, so probably Mt. Gox is doing it.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
critmass

Activity: 81
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 04:43:50 PM

I heard that someone was trying to build a bitcoin vending machine on an arduino forum.  That would definitely help the bitcoin economy.
Jixtreme

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 04:51:54 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 05:24:05 PM by Jixtreme

I do this.

I give a 10% discount for those who pay for my services (custom MS Excel tools, utilities, forms, VBA-stuffs, etc.) w/ Bitcoin.

Unfortunately, none of them have heard of Bitcoin.

-Jix
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 05:46:13 PM

I do this.

I give a 10% discount for those who pay for my services (custom MS Excel tools, utilities, forms, VBA-stuffs, etc.) w/ Bitcoin.

Unfortunately, none of them have heard of Bitcoin.

-Jix

Services are much different than tangible products, and tangible products are where the real market is.
critmass

Activity: 81
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:25:21 PM

Services are much different than tangible products, and tangible products are where the real market is.
an export is an export
Jixtreme

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 07:09:52 PM

Even tangible products are services. When I buy an ear of corn, I'm paying for someone else to plant seeds, irrigate, fertilize, and harvest... and then for someone else to drive it to a convenient location. Sure, there are some commodity prices involved, (seeds, fuel, etc) but when you trace it back, what you're really paying for is mostly services.

That's not to say discrete services aren't valueable in their own right. I end up designing a lot of data-entry forms for people who hire idiots who type "New York" or "Mew York" or "NY". The few hours I spend creating a standardized data entry form saves countless hours of data normalization down the road, and those dollars saved can be utilized in other ways...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: