Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newb Here - How Do I Access My Private Key For PPC  (Read 469 times)
Chris180Z (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 05:15:43 PM

So I understand it's an important part of the process, however I can't for the life on my understand how to get hold of my key.

I can access it easily enough with Bitcoin-Qt by going to the debug window and using the drumpprivkey command, however the PPCoin-Qt wallet doesn't have a debug window, and i've tried searching on Google and can't find anything. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:22:51 PM

You could always use a daemon, I suppose, if you can't get the command link banking to come up in PPC (or if it doesn't have one, not familiar with the client)

sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 05:41:52 PM

So I understand it's an important part of the process, however I can't for the life on my understand how to get hold of my key.

I can access it easily enough with Bitcoin-Qt by going to the debug window and using the drumpprivkey command, however the PPCoin-Qt wallet doesn't have a debug window, and i've tried searching on Google and can't find anything. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

I'm not on my computer with the ppcoin client installed so I don't have it in front of me but I believe this should work:

If you're in windows, open up a command prompt and go to the daemon directory within the directory where your ppcoin-qt client is installed. Run ppcoind.exe.

Now wait a minute or two and open a new command prompt and go back to the daemon directory. Type in "ppcoind dumpprivkey <ppcoinaddress>" where <ppcoinaddress> is the address for which you want the private key.

Give this a try and let me know if it works or not.
Chris180Z (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:40:32 PM

I'm not on my computer with the ppcoin client installed so I don't have it in front of me but I believe this should work:

If you're in windows, open up a command prompt and go to the daemon directory within the directory where your ppcoin-qt client is installed. Run ppcoind.exe.

Now wait a minute or two and open a new command prompt and go back to the daemon directory. Type in "ppcoind dumpprivkey <ppcoinaddress>" where <ppcoinaddress> is the address for which you want the private key.

Give this a try and let me know if it works or not.

Thanks very much that appears to work, however it wont display my key as it says I have to set the rpcpassword in the config file. I took a look in the folder and I can't seem to find a file named 'configuration'. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find this? Sorry for questions that are probably simple ones.
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 06:43:47 PM

Look for a file called ppcoin.conf.

Here's an example for your reference: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3.0
Chris180Z (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:38:11 AM

Look for a file called ppcoin.conf.

Here's an example for your reference: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3.0

Thanks for the help guys. turns out the guide I was following didn't tell me I had to set up a config file, so I went ahead and created one and it works now Smiley. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: