Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Happened to Matthew N. Wright?  (Read 2739 times)
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 03:43:29 AM

Quote from: JoelKatz
This is very unfortunate, too, because it's creating a downward spiral. People who are legitimate are afraid to bring their ideas forward because they will be believed to be just another scammer. I've wanted to float the idea of a bitcoin bounty project (to arrange contributions for bounties on the most wanted bitcoin client improvements)

This is a great idea, please do it. I submit the best way to raise funds is to stream line the process and start a fund administered by you that people donate to, and then you use it to create bounties for bitcoin software projects.

This way people can arrange to make recurring contributions without having to concern themselves with the details like scouting for worthy projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2011, 04:04:38 AM

Quote from: JoelKatz
This is very unfortunate, too, because it's creating a downward spiral. People who are legitimate are afraid to bring their ideas forward because they will be believed to be just another scammer. I've wanted to float the idea of a bitcoin bounty project (to arrange contributions for bounties on the most wanted bitcoin client improvements)

This is a great idea, please do it. I submit the best way to raise funds is to stream line the process and start a fund administered by you that people donate to, and then you use it to create bounties for bitcoin software projects.

This way people can arrange to make recurring contributions without having to concern themselves with the details like scouting for worthy projects.
I'll make a new post suggesting the outline of the project as I envision it and seeing if I can find other people interested in doing it too. I have a lot of big ideas, but I'm not sure I can commit the time needed to do this all by myself. I don't want to derail this thread.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 02:47:49 PM

I'll make a new post suggesting the outline of the project as I envision it and seeing if I can find other people interested in doing it too. I have a lot of big ideas, but I'm not sure I can commit the time needed to do this all by myself. I don't want to derail this thread.

You or someone else respected needs to commit to it, lest the whole idea fall prey to the "just another scammer" thing it's trying to defeat. Sad

^_^
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

You or someone else respected needs to commit to it, lest the whole idea fall prey to the "just another scammer" thing it's trying to defeat. Sad

Funny, enough, already at this time, he was dubbed a scammer..
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:49:54 AM

I told him to take a break, since he's just hurting himself and the forum by constantly justifying himself to the trolls.
Yeah sometimes it's hard to step away when your intentions are only good...

lol... this is somehow even more funny than the day it was posted.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:33:29 PM

He probably gave up because of all the trolls/clowns hounding him for no reason.
Jokes that lack funnyness are NOT no reason, sir!
Mathew made kittens cry AND HE SHOULD PAY FOR THAT DAMMIT!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: