Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:22:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Partially Recovered 2 Wallets.. I need my Private Key(s)! Tried everything!  (Read 1617 times)
Fringo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:51:53 PM

I had used "Recuva" to partially recover 2 wallet.dat files. When they showed up in Recuva it said "Unrecoverable" but I tried to anyways and it said they were able to partially recover them both and sent them to my desktop. I've googled multiple ways to get the private key back, and most google searches led me to this website and multiple threads on here. I've downloaded PyWallet and had no luck with that but maybe there is something else I could try on it that I missed before?

I also have a bootable System Rescue CD on my USB but I have no idea what to do on there once I have it booted up. I checked this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25091.20 and was having issues with some of the command lines not working and giving me errors. I have about $8000 locked up in these wallets and I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out and get the private keys from them. It would make this Christmas a lot better! Lol, thank you Smiley
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:25:11 PM

I PM'ed you. I run Arch Linux so i can run that tool for you.
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:46:48 AM

I PM'ed you. I run Arch Linux so i can run that tool for you.

Having a stranger run a tool that can recover keys given your data poses the risk that your would-be rescuer may abscond with the keys and steal your money.
Fringo (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:29:56 AM

Yeah.. No offense but I can't really just trust random people I've never met unless they are vouched for by multiple people. Nothing against you at all and I appreciate your help if you are genuine, I'm just not willing to risk losing that much money. Could anyone help me out here, troubleshoot with me? lol
Martijnvdc

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:07:05 AM

I very much understand. Smiley
Can you tell me which errors you are getting on the command line?
Fringo (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:45:24 AM

Thanks for understanding.

I follow this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25091.0

After I type this "sudo ./wallet-recover-0.3-linux/bin/32/wallet-recover /dev/sda recovered-wallet.dat"
Terminal responds with:

zsh: correct 'sudo' to '_sudo' [nyae]?

If I press y: _arguments:comparguments:312:can only be called from completion function
If I press n: zsh: command not found : sudo
Martijnvdc

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:15:33 AM

You probably already have root priveleges as you are running a rescue cd.
Type "whoami", if it says "root", you can drop the "sudo" from that line.
If it doesn't say "root", you'll have to install the sudo package.
Fringo (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:11:15 PM

Type "whoami" after I do all the other steps including installing this?

wget http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/wallet-recover-0.3-linux.tar.gz
tar xzf wallet-recover-0.3-linux.tar.gz

Also do I type all of that in one line? What is the bottom part for "tar xzf wallet-recover-0.3-linux.tar.gz"

Thank you for your help!
eternaluniverse

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:13:34 PM

There are reputable services who do this but they take a % of the wallet. If you can't figure this out yourself I can point you into the direction of one of those businesses.
Martijnvdc

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:15:45 PM

Type "whoami" after I do all the other steps including installing this?

wget http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/wallet-recover-0.3-linux.tar.gz
tar xzf wallet-recover-0.3-linux.tar.gz

Also do I type all of that in one line? What is the bottom part for "tar xzf wallet-recover-0.3-linux.tar.gz"

Thank you for your help!
the first line downloads a compressed file.
the second line uncompresses that file into a folder
you can type "whoami" whenever you want. It'll tell you what user you are. If it's root, you don't have to type the "sudo"
Martijnvdc

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:18:04 PM

sudo ./wallet-recover-0.3-linux/bin/32/wallet-recover /dev/sda recovered-wallet.dat
this line executes the program as root; it scans the drive "/dev/sda" for public/private keys.
It will dump whatever keys it finds (ALL over that hard drive), and stores them into a recovered wallet file.
also, PM me your skype/msn/whatever. I can help you much faster that way Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: