Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2024, 02:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions on deepbit, GUIminer, CGminer and ASIC  (Read 479 times)
Chillypill (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:06:02 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 07:50:36 PM by Chillypill

First off im very new to bitcoin. I startet off in mid 2012, but dropped out after a week or so (unfortuantly) and came back about 2 weeks ago when I saw the price went through the roof. Sadly I only mined 0.055BTC. So im still "new"

1). Im using GUIminer with deepbit simply because its easy to use. When running the Miner I can see it running at X MH/S, but quite ofent it says "worker is not connected" in deepbit even though the site can track im doing X MH/s. Is this something to be worried about and am I actually mining or is my GPU just running 100% for nothing? Ill have to add that SOMETIMES it says "worker mining" but for the majority it does not. Is deepbit cheating me?

2. Because of 1. I tried to use CGminer. So I downloaded it and created a batfile with command "cgminer.exe -o http://pit.deepbit.net:8332 -u xxxx p- xxxx

Now the program is loading up and I can use the "settings" and such but it is not mining. I have tried to look on youtube guides etc, but apparently it should be working after just that.

3. Is it worth buying a ASIC like the 5GH/S for 274$? Im looking at 382$ with shipping to europe. Im thinking like GPU mining is now outdated, will these ASIC's be obsolete before they can pay for themselves? Whats your thoughts.

Regards. Chilly
Chillypill (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:49:23 PM

bump Smiley Please help me clerify these issues.

Thanks
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:35:31 PM

3. Is it worth buying a ASIC like the 5GH/S for 274$? Im looking at 382$ with shipping to europe. Im thinking like GPU mining is now outdated, will these ASIC's be obsolete before they can pay for themselves? Whats your thoughts.

Regards. Chilly

You would make a return in about 2-3 months...I personally cloud mine.
The only expense I have would be the purchase of the hashes itself...no electricity costs.

If you're interested, check out the link in my signature,  its definitely worth it. I made 4 bitcoins last year
Which is about $4000 now. If you click on mine instead of going to direct site,  you can get a few promos Wink

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: