Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:49:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the fastest way to check 100's of wallet dat from different versions?  (Read 931 times)
ptshamrock (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:26:22 PM

What is the fastest way to check 100's of wallet dat from different versions for let over coins?

Even better they automatically get sent to new address...

Can somebody help me here?

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:54:54 PM

Is there really no way?

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:36:35 PM

What is the fastest way to check 100's of wallet dat from different versions for let over coins?
Even better they automatically get sent to new address...
Can somebody help me here?
Easy. I could do it. Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:43:38 PM

I wonder how you ended up having 100's of wallet.dat files from different versions of bitcoin-qt...?
I am not sure whether I would like the story.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:53:57 AM

I wonder how you ended up having 100's of wallet.dat files from different versions of bitcoin-qt...?
Backup before upgrading on every release, never deleting old backups, being around for a long time. I've I would've been here since '09 I would most likely also have a couple hunderd wallet files by now. And I can see that in the early days, you would be experimenting even more with wallets and thus needing more backups.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
rarkenin

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:08:58 AM

I'll gladly check it, but you have no way to know that I'm not taking your private keys and absconding with the loot. An open-source tool or hand-checking is probably your best bet.
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:48:17 AM

Backup before upgrading on every release, never deleting old backups, being around for a long time. I've I would've been here since '09 I would most likely also have a couple hunderd wallet files by now. And I can see that in the early days, you would be experimenting even more with wallets and thus needing more backups.

Exactly this Smiley

ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:49:23 AM

I'll gladly check it, but you have no way to know that I'm not taking your private keys and absconding with the loot. An open-source tool or hand-checking is probably your best bet.

And where to find such a tool?

hand checking will take me weeks Smiley

also i would need to install many different versions of qt ..

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:08:20 AM

And where to find such a tool?

hand checking will take me weeks Smiley

also i would need to install many different versions of qt ..
To get you started, you will need something like e.g. Pywallet,
some scripting language (I'd do it in Perl),
put all wallet.dat files into one directory,
have the script open the files,
export private keys into a text file (with Pywallet),
import the private keys into one new wallet.
Easy. If your wallets are encrypted, it'll be more trouble, though.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: