Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:40:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advise me to buy the 600ghs Monarch or not?  (Read 3543 times)
Fking (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

I'm really wondering if I want to pre-order the 600ghs Monarch from BTF or not.
Please share your opinion, it might help me make up my mind Smiley
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:31:54 PM

DO NOT BUY MONARCHS
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:35:18 PM

I will never give BFL or Hashfast another satoshi.  The only way to prevent companies from acting as horribly as them is to vote with your BTC.

Bitfury or KNC are your best bets at the moment.
Trupik

Merit: 13

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

Do not pre-order and never, never, NEVER give any money to Butterfly Labs. By the time they ship "monarchs", they will be obsolete. They might be obsolete right now, come to think of it.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:03:27 PM

Don't do business with BFL.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:32:58 AM

Yes, please send all your money to BFL. That way the difficulty won't go up, and I'll mine more bitcoins for myself. I LOVE BFL!

Buy & Hold
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:07:42 AM

Would anyone care to argument his view?
Are there better offers on the market at the moment GHs/$ wise from companies that have history and will ship about the same time or earlier?
even if BFL had a lot of problems they have delivered 2 generations of products, that has to count for something right?
Trupik

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:19:28 AM

Would anyone care to argument his view?
Are there better offers on the market at the moment GHs/$ wise from companies that have history and will ship about the same time or earlier?
even if BFL had a lot of problems they have delivered 2 generations of products, that has to count for something right?
Yes, but in the process they treated their customers like turds or buggers. Company officials violated several laws, denied customers rights, lied for no apparent reason, and allegedly delivered to friends and employees through the back door, while regular customers stood in the queue for months. Add to this malevolent intentions the proved fact of incompetence both in the design and in the management, causing worse performance and delivery times nearly by order of magnitude. I expect the monarch to be delivered with delays and to perform poorer than announced. Meanwhile there are similar existing products from other ASIC companies, that already have power efficiency in the area where monarch is only wishing to be in the distant future.
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:51:02 PM

Who has better offers? I won't mind to buy something at the same GHs/$ or better ratio from someone else, especially if they are proven company.
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:44:12 PM

one question
what's better, no reputation at all or bad reputation?

seem that to be the choice in this case.

All the other companies are delivering for first time, so we don't know if they won't mess up too or deliver at all.

BFL is infamous for missing their deadlines, but at least we know they are not scam.

Which one you would go with? Smiley
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:25:02 PM

lol BFL
x0cet

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:10:33 PM

I bought a BFL LS and got it just in time to watch it become obsolete.  The power supply blew up on day 2 causing even a further loss.  Don't buy BFL
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:46:40 AM

I wouldn't touch BFL with a Earth-to-Moon sized stick.

So... yeah.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:56:24 AM

I can speak from personal experience BFL has a completely terrible customer service (basically none) and they deliver MUCH later than promised. (Several months), which means that by the time you eventually get your product, it will be hardly making enough bitcoins to cover the initial investment.

In other words, don't buy anything from BFL.

I ordered a BFL 25GH/s in April and they said it would take about 2 months to deliver, they delivered it about a week ago. It now makes 0,02bc a day, so it will take roughly 2 months at this difficulty to pay for itself, however the difficulty will likely increase so it may not ever pay itself back and will be even less likely to make profit.

Also by the time they deliver the $/gh ratio and the kW/gh ratio are both pretty terrible.

eternaluniverse

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:58:40 AM

I probably don't have to say this but only if you want to lose your money and be disappointed. I would advise you to buy hardware in person from someone who actually has it in front of you, you can test it, and start hashing the same day. Make sure you calculate if you can make your money back (it may not be accurate) but if it doesn't look like youll make the money back Id tell you instead to put the money into BTC itself and you'll make a profit instead in the rise of price.
Epicurean

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:36:15 AM

I can speak from personal experience BFL has a completely terrible customer service (basically none) and they deliver MUCH later than promised. (Several months), which means that by the time you eventually get your product, it will be hardly making enough bitcoins to cover the initial investment.

I ordered a BFL 25GH/s in April and they said it would take about 2 months to deliver, they delivered it about a week ago. It now makes 0,02bc a day, so it will take roughly 2 months at this difficulty to pay for itself, however the difficulty will likely increase so it may not ever pay itself back and will be even less likely to make profit.

Also by the time they deliver the $/gh ratio and the kW/gh ratio are both pretty terrible.

saw one 25GH/s go for 1800€ (2444$) on Ebay. you could just pass the curse onto someone else and buy bitcoins. shit, they might even pay you in bitcoins!
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:57:37 AM

saw one 25GH/s go for 1800€ (2444$) on Ebay. you could just pass the curse onto someone else and buy bitcoins. shit, they might even pay you in bitcoins!

There's really people still buying these things?  Well at least when you buy it from me you'll get the guarantee it'll be shipped instantly. I'll even personally deliver it if it's anywhere in the Netherlands.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:22:06 AM

Yes, BFL will deliver, as usual, extremely late. That's what you can count on.

Buy & Hold
Trupik

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:28:04 AM

That is what I did immediately after I received that super-late noisy power-hungry junk from BFL. At least I got my money back despite the company not being solid enough to obey the law and refund me.
Fking (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:20:48 AM

Seems like everyone hates them.
I guess the ones that buy their products don't consider it necessary to post here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: