Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:03:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wicked bitcoin price.  (Read 883 times)
aleprok (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:40:53 PM

I have been checking bitcoin price about twice per half year and never actually got into mining as I have only old laptops which can do only around 1 Mh/s. Though few days ago I checked the bitcoin price when it was around 800 dollars and now I have started a miner mining at 1.2 Mh/s and 1.1 Mh/s at deepbit pool. I know I can barely newer make any bitcoins by mining, but maybe I can help at least a tiny friction. I actually made more from faucets 316 µBTC which is currenly around 0.36 dollars. I feel like I am rich.

I have been wondering how fast the 0.2 mBTC bitcoin transaction fee can be changed to keep it at around 0.2 dollars or lower? If bitcoin price keeps going up at this rate we might have bitcoin price at 4300 dollars by the end of the year and the transaction fee will then be 0.86 dollars and I don't want to pay that much for 0.5 dollar transaction when I buy candy for a kid.

I think bitcoin price should fast go up to 100,000 dollars as then I could probably have 36 dollars on my bitcoin wallet, though I'm just dreaming.

Where do you think bitcoin price will stabilize?

Donate to newbie: 1CyeDQeU7S3pgbr6QhLuHWKRjE4VkkfpJ6
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:04:12 PM

It seems like it would be simpler to just buy a small amount of bitcoins than to spend days clicking on faucets or waiting years for your laptop to mine anything significant.

Also, please don't beg. It's degrading.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
aleprok (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:12:45 PM

It seems like it would be simpler to just buy a small amount of bitcoins than to spend days clicking on faucets or waiting years for your laptop to mine anything significant.

Also, please don't beg. It's degrading.

Hey. I'm not mining for cash, just for fun of wasting some electricity. Reaping faucets is pretty fun too when there is nothing else to do. Not all of us are rich with money to buy bitcoins. Telling you to donate me some coins is begging? Not like I went, "Plz you rich kid can you plz gimme some coins!"

Do you have tiny weeny between your two feet, to come here and bash a newbie for at least trying to mine a little piece of the cents he can in his lifetime?

this, please dont waste your time in these website, the people who made them are truly wicked, most wont let you "receive" anything if you have adblock on, remember very few people gives anything "for free", it seems litecoin is gaining traction, but i don't like litecoin.

You just need to make your own list of the sites you like to use as faucets and personally I quickly move away from those which trade my page view as coins. I don't like litecoin either nor any of the altcoins. Bitcoin is the true coin and all of us should use our power to make bitcoin last forever!
masyveonk

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:22:41 PM

Beter option is to put to your signature something like
Donate to poor @ BTC 1xxxxxxxxxxx
or maybe just your BTC address

Begging in post is not accepted much here

AltorXP

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:23:06 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 01:57:05 AM by AltorXP

I see your point, but I'm sure any spare BTC would be put to better use by donation here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300631.0

I donated my tiny (but hopefully effective $3.80 in BTC) As I'm sure they can benefit greater than me from any spare BTC

Working hard for BTC is more rewarding than asking from others (trust me, I can relate)

Who knows where BTC will go from now, could go up to tens of thousands of dollars or crash badly
We'll see  Cheesy

I personally think that it is rising too sharply, and it's still too unstable

Hope you learnt from this post, have a nice day OP  Grin
masyveonk

Activity: 346

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:30:34 PM

I have been wondering how fast the 0.2 mBTC bitcoin transaction fee can be changed to keep it at around 0.2 dollars or lower? If bitcoin price keeps going up at this rate we might have bitcoin price at 4300 dollars by the end of the year and the transaction fee will then be 0.86 dollars and I don't want to pay that much for 0.5 dollar transaction when I buy candy for a kid.

It is a problem, when you request such small amounts from free faucets, the transaction fees when you will be sending the BTC might be 20% or more.
Unless you wait more, in future the transaction fees are going to be probably lower  Smiley

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 11:49:58 PM

Beter option is to put to your signature something like
Donate to poor @ BTC 1xxxxxxxxxxx
or maybe just your BTC address

Begging in post is not accepted much here

Lol, I doubt that'll get any more attention than this, that's just a lame signature.  :/
chop_chop

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:30:37 AM

it is indeed !
aleprok (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:30:43 AM

I see your point, but I'm sure any spare BTC would be put to better use by donation here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300631.0

I donated my tiny (but hopefully effective $3.80 in BTC) As I'm sure they can benefit greater than me from any spare BTC

Working hard for BTC is more rewarding than asking from others (trust me, I can relate)

Who knows where BTC will go from now, could go up to tens of thousands of dollars or crash badly
We'll see  Cheesy

I personally think that it is rising too sharply, and it's still too unstable

Hope you learnt from this post, have a nice day OP  Grin

Helping children is always awesome! Well see how volatile bitcoin is some day if such a day is to come.

I we are serious I have only learned one thing from this post.

It is a problem, when you request such small amounts from free faucets, the transaction fees when you will be sending the BTC might be 20% or more.
Unless you wait more, in future the transaction fees are going to be probably lower  Smiley

Yeah I do understand that a small transaction you can get from faucet is kind of spamming the network currently, but how about some kind of 0.5 dollar transaction? I can find tons of things I can buy for that much, like you can too. This is why I hope the transaction fee will be following the bitcoin value. Then again I support transaction fee always, because it supports the network.

Lol, I doubt that'll get any more attention than this, that's just a lame signature.  :/

As far as I can think, the signature would go unnoticed, but when I have it on my first post to the forum every egoist comes and shouts so hurtful things around and completely forgets the real thing I wanted to discuss. I can not even take that "beg" away because it would pretty much destroy the thread which became about beggers and egoists instead of transaction fee like I hoped.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:52:21 AM

begging is not allowed here.
aleprok (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:21:28 AM

begging is not allowed here.

I see. Could you please direct me where is such a rule as I see much of "begging" in here for coins. You should understand I am a newbie to the forum and newbies will most likely always break some rule. Then again every one of you who do not like begging of any kind could have taken it to private and kept it cool and not waste this thread where I had a real question.

Seriously I only told my few day experience with bitcoin and had to try if someone would actually donate some coins to me. If someone yells out loud, "Give me coins!" He can be ignored and if someone yells out loud, "Can you give me coins?" Everyone can tell him that he won't receive any coins from them. What makes you people feel so superior that you can come here to bully newbies and break their dreams of receiving some free coins. Is it so fun to feel superior to someone by laughing at them when they have no possibility to become rich like some early bitcoin enthusiasts?

aleprok (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:41:00 AM

I see what you mean, the world is not fair, and i do not say that sarcastically, but you have 2 options: become bitter and hate or keep searching for new opportunities. It's not your fault, bitcoin was a joke in many forums for a long time, no one could predict it would explode in value this way.

It is not like I don't understand the world is unfair. I'll take the third option of hating occasionally and searching for new opportunities always. I have never thought bitcoin as a joke and I have supported it and hoped it would keep up and I am thinking about how I could contribute to the social network of bitcoin users. Then again I never understood it would become as huge as it is currently.
esmash

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:45:27 AM

You lose money mining at that rate... better to just invest with cash.

Good luck!
eternaluniverse

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:46:24 AM

if possible just buy a usb block erupter for 20 dollars and youll hash at 333mh/s which will get you around 25 cents a day worth of bitcoins. don't waste you time with mining with laptop or those faucets. If you really want to try a hail-mary you can try mining a very new alt-coin in the hopes itll go up in value with the usb erupter above or with a computer but with a computer even in a new alt pool its going to be really really slow. But buying in 10-20 dollars for .000whatever of a bitcoin would probably be the best investment
aleprok (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:57:35 AM

You lose money mining at that rate... better to just invest with cash.

Good luck!

Oh, thanks. Wink

if possible just buy a usb block erupter for 20 dollars and youll hash at 333mh/s which will get you around 25 cents a day worth of bitcoins. don't waste you time with mining with laptop or those faucets. If you really want to try a hail-mary you can try mining a very new alt-coin in the hopes itll go up in value with the usb erupter above or with a computer but with a computer even in a new alt pool its going to be really really slow. But buying in 10-20 dollars for .000whatever of a bitcoin would probably be the best investment

Where I can get block erupter for 20 dollars? As far as I can see they are around 70 dollars, I would not break even in a year with one.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/9c76201fc5

I do not want to support altcoins in anyway, because they steal share of cryptocoin users from bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: