Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:45:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying coins  (Read 589 times)
Two4D (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:29:52 PM

Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions about buying different coins.

I plan on buying about 10 different coins (those who you can buy thousands of for $10), but I dont know where can I buy them. Do I need a different wallet for each of them or is there any other btter way? I plan on holding them for some time and then come back to check Smiley

blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:45:46 PM

I plan on buying about 10 different coins (those who you can buy thousands of for $10), but I dont know where can I buy them. Do I need a different wallet for each of them or is there any other btter way? I plan on holding them for some time and then come back to check Smiley
Yes, you need the specific coin's client to use/store them. You can buy them on Cryptsy, I don't have anything negative to report of that site.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:30:22 PM

You will have to download each client for each coin.  this may seem like a hassle but who knows which coins will make it in the long run and the effort now could pay off in the future. 

hoewer4what

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:41:48 PM

Cryptsy offer most altcoins so you can buy many different coins. You have to install walet for every coin (seems security risky to me) or leave the coins at Cryptsy and risk losing the coins.
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:40:42 PM

Cryptsy offer most altcoins so you can buy many different coins. You have to install walet for every coin (seems security risky to me) or leave the coins at Cryptsy and risk losing the coins.
To leave them at Cryptsy is risky. As long as you don't control your private keys you don't own your coins. Never trust a third party with any coins.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

I regret not buying thousands of FTC when they first started trading. I had trouble with the exchange signup form, so I just gave up on it. Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: