Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There is no doubt that bitcioin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency  (Read 825 times)
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:26:50 AM

Nah.

In terms of a universal decentralised currency not controlled by govt or corporation, bitcoin will always remain the king. This is assuming that bitcoin can properly scale though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:31:48 AM

I had previously doubted that Bitcoin would be replaced by another currency. But my mind has changed. Because I see there are many other cryptocurrencies that the developers are trying hard to solve the problems in cryptocurrencies.  What about bitcoin? We don't know who are the developers and no effort is being made to develop it.
If you don't try hard, your rivals will win. Bitcoin's rivals will win too.

Over time, indeed, such a replacement can occur. We have seen that bitcoin has not improved for a long time, when there were problems with the time of its transactions and the high cost of commission fees. This led to the fact that investors just started switching to the use of other crypto-currencies, including bitcoin in cash. Bitcoin began to lose its popularity. If such problems with bitcoin are repeated, the popularity of bitcoin will not be restored and eventually it may lose its leadership. Nothing in our world lasts forever. If bitcoin is not constantly improved, it will be forced to give up its place to more promising coins. This is the rule of the market.

Bitcoin makes a lot of good work in crypto world it's improve through the transaction online, and her value  we see it rapidly rising in the past few years. I know it will be more stronger and about the replacement I think it's impossible.
Kolly

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:47:23 AM

I had previously doubted that Bitcoin would be replaced by another currency. But my mind has changed. Because I see there are many other cryptocurrencies that the developers are trying hard to solve the problems in cryptocurrencies.  What about bitcoin? We don't know who are the developers and no effort is being made to develop it.

Seems that you are pretty sure about your claims but you could have at least stated a coin that can replace bitcoin. For the time being i think that there is no coin out there that can match bitcoin. If price of bitcoin falls the rest follows.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
Menawikitajodohkok

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

I am sure that from the beginning until when bitcoin will not be replaced with other cryiptocurrency. like a head bitcon may not be a member other than the principal will replace the head position. it seems impossible .
AgustaMod

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:08:35 AM

I strongly disagree with this, if bitcoin is to be replaced by another cryptocurrency, then that means that people lost its faith with bitcoin and thus all other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin going down will mean Cryptocurrency going down too. And nobody wants that to happen.
usekevin

Activity: 2198
Merit: 555

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:35:39 AM

Everything in this world will change respect to time. So I think Bitcoin will replace by another crypto currency in future.Some of potential cryptocurrency are ETH,litecoin,monero,Ripple.The price of Bitcoin is around 9300$ and price of Ethereum is around 800$.Now the percentage of increase in ETH is greater than bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:47:44 AM

No odds! Bitcoin and ethium can never be destroyed.
The two most valuable coin of the Crypto money exchange is btc and eth. Bitcoin and ETH have their own networks. Other coins are being produced via btc and eth networks.
Bitcoin crypto money exchange
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 06:50:03 AM

I disagree, while there is a certainty that bitcoin would not be able to keep being number one forever I still doubt that it would be soon. With the rise of a conversation seeking a side for the cryptocurrency market bitcoin has been the face and the forefront of every battle, critic, speculation and more which to me signifies that a lot is riding on the bitcoin coin more than we can imagine. That means that if it falls it can be a big blow to the cryptocurrency movement

bomakot22

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:22:55 AM

that is an oversimplification of the subject. btc has a considerable lead over its competitors and the problems it has are not meaningful enough for the majority to switch. i bet most people trading btc have no idea about these problems.
Vaultoro_official
Copper Member

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

An assumption that has been mady by Nobel laureate F.A. Hayek in his book 'The Denationalization of Money' back in the late 70s:

"I believe that, once the system had fully established itself and competition had eliminated a number of unsuccessful ventures, there would remain in the free world several extensively used and very similar currencies. In various large regions one or two of them would be dominant, but these regions would have no sharp or constant boundaries, and the use of the currencies dominant in them would overlap in broad and fluctuating border districts." (p.126)

- A lot of 'unsuccessful ventures', like scams and coins with scalability issues would dissapear.
- BTC would remain as a global payment method, but potentially be outweighted by regional currencies like Colu or E-Krona.

Hayek explains that in a world of free competitive currencies, people and industrial centres and regions will find their best approach by holding the most advantageous monies/commodities/tokens for their means:

"Regions with different compositions of the currencies in circulation would, of course, overlap, and currencies whose value was based chiefly on commodities im- portant for one way of life, or for one group of predominant industries, might fluctuate relatively .more against others but yet retain their distinct clientele among people with particular occupations and habits." (p.76)

_________
Reference:
Hayek, F. A., von. (1990). Denationalization of Money (Third Edition). London: The Institute of Economic Affairs. Retrieved from http://nakamotoinstitute.org/static/docs/denationalisation.pdf
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:07:37 AM

as long as there're still many people talking discussing about bitcoin, it can't be replaced anytime soon. Yeah, i agree that more coins are stepping ahead and making lots of good impression and profits as well (which is instant and i normally don't trust the hype), bitcoin doesn't have that hype anymore which will vanish in 3 days later, but after years and years as we have all been witnessing it, so? INVALID!
DonaldHun

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:13:00 AM

The movement of the cipher market is the same as its inherent nature. No one will believe in sudden changes until we know it. Bitcoin is hard to replace at any time because the support from the mining community and the people and investors is huge.
Dewi89

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:19:48 AM

many other coins are top 10 best coins in crypto that are under the order of bitcoin, but they can never replace bitcoin because bitcoin will be the top coin in cryptocurrency
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:20:37 AM

We do know most of the developers. Everyone is free to propose a change since Bitcoin is open-source. There are many altcoins out there which claim to be faster and cheaper than Bitcoin but you have to keep in mind that's natural. It is easier to create something new than upgrade the existing thing. Can you imagine what would happen if there was a critical bug in Bitcoin after an upgrade? It would cause a lot of panic which could lead to huge crash on cryptocurrency market. In my opnion, Bitcoin will be slowly upgraded and it will still be number one cryptocurrency.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Larster

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:31:44 AM

It may happen if some new crypto gets much superior qualities or if something happens in the world, that makes the Bitcoin look not so attractive as compared to the other crypto (e.g. taxes).
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

in the beginning until now after the success of bitcoin many altcoins try to compete with bitcoin but the end result is they can't surpass it. bitcoin have flaws and limitations but why does it still number one? over the years bitcoin have become popular and widely use by many. we can say bitcoin have a solid foundation and it is hard for altcoins to destroy it.
akristofor

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:48:28 AM

May be in a long term. 3 years-5 years. Just look on a statistic right now:

BTC level - 9, 348, 43 USD
ETH level - 753, 19 USD
Ripple level - 0, 825 USD

All of them are not stable. I heard a lot of amazing reviews about Ripple, and what can I see now? It was 20 cents per coin, and when it was 3 USD per coin, all people are going crazy.
The forget about BTC, of course it  is logically right decision. BTC is over prized right now and Ripple is low prized. But what can we see now? For Ripple it is hard to be more then 1 USD per coin.
The same situation with ETH, of course ETH has the strongest blockchain but right now it is 750 USD per coin and in a month it will be 700 USD. I see no contenders to a BTC in 3 years for sure.
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 11:17:18 AM

I strongly agree with you on this. It is just a matter of time. Bitcoin is the standard, been the first well known and acceptable digital currency. It doesn't rule out the fact that another alts can take it's place. The purpose of blockchain technology has been achieved been decentralised and reduce charges.

george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:46:24 AM

Yes there are lots of other cryptocurrencies that the developers are trying hard to solve the different problems but Bitcoin not same as 3 years ago.. Remember. Now we have a SEGWIT and LN features. And I doubt that there are more strong developer teams in other cryptocurrencies.
soraxas01

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:59:47 AM

Bitcoin is the pioneer and basis of other onliine currency which is why the value iis dependent on bitcoin itself liike etherium.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: