Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:28:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pump-N-Dump  (Read 549 times)
dabjanka (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:45:21 PM

How does everyone feel about these tactics, and the men (women or whomever) who profit greatly from telling us how, when and where to trade…
Although new to the BTC market, most of my principals for trading are based off of the Runescape Grand Exchange and the "meriting clans" which were essentially the exact same thing as pump and dump.
The only people to ever profit notably were the guild leaders and officers.

Also, first post; hello to all in the land of BTCtalk.
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:16:08 PM

There's such a strong steady constant upward volume on Bitcoin right now that even with these erratic dumps now it passed $1000, its not causing any major crash, so I'm not too concerned or bothered about it.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
eternaluniverse

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:18:10 PM

pump and dumps I think would be very successful now, but it doesn't bother me much as the attention from the success of it will be beneficial to all of us.
dabjanka (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:54:19 AM

I'm less concerned with Bitcoin pump and dump as opposed to decimating other more frail currencies such as LTC, FTC, NMC, XPM, PPC, etc, etc.

I'm watching these punks on twitter manipulate the market to their advantage, and I want to get in on the fun with them. But from what little i know, these things always go badly. Instead I've been looking more into mining "alt-coins" speculatively and holding onto them for the long haul hoping one of them pops off like BTC did.

Does anyone have any helpful links to building a rig/beginner programs?

I have a pretty decent gaming rig thats for gaming exclusively that might work nicely Radeon HD 7770, combined 12g ram, 2 Tb hard drive.

Anyways, sorry for rambling and slight off topicness. I try to contain my noob to one thread.

Oh and thanks for the replies!
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:41:02 AM

I'm less concerned with Bitcoin pump and dump as opposed to decimating other more frail currencies such as LTC, FTC, NMC, XPM, PPC, etc, etc.

I'm watching these punks on twitter manipulate the market to their advantage, and I want to get in on the fun with them. But from what little i know, these things always go badly. Instead I've been looking more into mining "alt-coins" speculatively and holding onto them for the long haul hoping one of them pops off like BTC did.

Does anyone have any helpful links to building a rig/beginner programs?

I have a pretty decent gaming rig thats for gaming exclusively that might work nicely Radeon HD 7770, combined 12g ram, 2 Tb hard drive.

Anyways, sorry for rambling and slight off topicness. I try to contain my noob to one thread.

Oh and thanks for the replies!

Lol, that's cute, can probably do a couple of Mhashes, try again when you have something that measures in Terrahashes. The time for GPU mining is long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: