Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:44:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase canceled my transactions, any idea how to restore them?  (Read 1146 times)
Dominator008 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:34:50 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 09:46:55 PM by Dominator008

I purchased some BTC from Coinbase at "market rate" when they are "out of supply". They said I could cancel the purchase anytime within 4 days, but that wasn't true. Since I wasn't able to cancel the purchase and I couldn't get a reply from their customer support, I called my bank and put a stop payment temporarily. Now, even after I lifted that blockade, all of my subsequent purchases are "canceled because of high risk" - seems like I am blacklisted.

It's taking their customer support forever (2 weeks!) to reply any single email, so I have to post here to seek help. I'm sure many have similar experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:24:22 PM

Coinbase often seems to be backed up on their support tickets although I've never waited longer than a week for a reply. Perhaps your entire account is now flagged for fraud and your messages just go straight to their trash folder. I know a couple of their staff members post on here but not sure how active they are.
tubbyjr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:54:56 PM

Simple, boycott this scammer site.

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:53:37 AM

He cancelled the payment. Every merchant in the world blacklists customers who do that because it's usually due to fraud on the customer's end. That hardly makes the merchant a "scammer."
Dominator008 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:44:34 AM

He cancelled the payment. Every merchant in the world blacklists customers who do that because it's usually due to fraud on the customer's end. That hardly makes the merchant a "scammer."

Coinbase promised that I could cancel the purchase at any time, but they failed to keep the promise, that hardly makes me a "fraudulent customer"...
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:19:56 AM

Coinbase promised that I could cancel the purchase at any time, but they failed to keep the promise, that hardly makes me a "fraudulent customer"...

Sometimes if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it still is not a duck I guess.  Not sure what is is though.

It is a good point that there should have been a reasonably obvious way to cancel an order if it were advertised that there would be this ability.  Anyone else take advantage of the option?

A little birdie told me that Coinbase does not have it together in the back-office as I would have hoped and not all errors are in Coinbase's favor...by a long-shot!  I can only imagine what a mad-house it must be at this time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:31:52 AM

A little birdie told me that Coinbase does not have it together in the back-office as I would have hoped and not all errors are in Coinbase's favor...by a long-shot!  I can only imagine what a mad-house it must be at this time.
You mean like the time where they sold me some bitcoins, and their back end forgot to initiate an ACH to pay for it, and even after I opened up a ticket with support they never did end up charging me for them?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:42:23 AM

You mean like the time where they sold me some bitcoins, and their back end forgot to initiate an ACH to pay for it, and even after I opened up a ticket with support they never did end up charging me for them?

Something along those lines.  I encouraged the little birdie to do the right thing so that the sky Gods would admit it to Birdie Heaven.  Birdie said it'll wait for action from the other end.

My guess is that Coinbase is making so fuckin much money now that they don't even give a shit unless back-end errors are systematic and thus costing them wads of cash in a uncomfortably large batch sizes.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Dominator008 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:23:10 PM

Do you guys think PMing Olaf would work?
axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:18:03 PM

Do you guys think PMing Olaf would work?

no, going on 3 weeks and olaf is still ignoring me.. initiated a buy @ $180 and olaf said they would honor it.. over a month later I got an email saying, "If you still need help please reply"  I replied and after no response for another 2 weeks I cancelled all my accounts..

you can do the same here

www.coinbase.com/account/cancel

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: