Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:00:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban on credit card transactions  (Read 88 times)
Abeleez (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:08:09 PM

Is it possible we could see banks reverse course on their previous call to ban credit card transactions for cryptocurrencies?
JennyGreen

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:39:06 PM

Banks trying to surpress
poli_btc

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:37:17 PM

Yes it is possible and some banks already block cards, if you buy from them a crypto currency. Therefore, choose private banks rather than state ones.
livingfree

Activity: 2800
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:01:43 PM

It's possible, if I remember there is one of our forum members that posted about his bank account got banned when it was reviewed to send funds to a crypto exchange.

That didn't quickly but it's like a deposit-withdrawal transaction and it was noticed by his bank and later on he found out that his bank account was banned because he received a message that he has to withdraw all of his funds within a certain period.

Credit/savings/debit are bank services so it can have some connections.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Etrilicious

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:32:54 AM

Back in January, Visa ended its relationship with a renowned cryptocurrency currency card provider and thousands of people suffered as a result of that. This, however, was a one-off case, where Wave Crest didn’t comply with Visa’s rules and the company pulled the plug. Nonetheless, the news created enough bad press and gave traders the notion that cryptocurrencies would perhaps not be that easily transferred to fiat or readily spendable.
But banks have been against the concept of the cryptocurrency and I think its about time they start catching up with the concept of the blockchain technology.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:59:06 AM

Back in January, Visa ended its relationship with a renowned cryptocurrency currency card provider and thousands of people suffered as a result of that. This, however, was a one-off case, where Wave Crest didn’t comply with Visa’s rules and the company pulled the plug. Nonetheless, the news created enough bad press and gave traders the notion that cryptocurrencies would perhaps not be that easily transferred to fiat or readily spendable.
But banks have been against the concept of the cryptocurrency and I think its about time they start catching up with the concept of the blockchain technology.
But as far as i know that the visa crest has been giving a widely effect to the all of the card users. I heard that there is a crypto service that has stated to issued the new card to make their users will be possible to use their service again. I thought that visa has no any cooperation with bankers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: