Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Import Armory Wallet to Blockchain  (Read 3417 times)
l.j2300 (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:55:47 PM

Hey all,

I was wondering what is the process to import an Armory wallet to blockchain. I know armory does not have .dat files for a wallet... they use .wallet. I know I can import private keys from armory to blockchain successfully but how about if one had multiple private keys and just wanted to upload the whole wallet. Is there somewhere I can input the root and chain code? How would I recover my wallet other than using the armory client?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:03:30 AM

1. Double click the wallet:-

2. Hit backup this wallet & select 'export key list':-

3. Set it up something like this:-

4. Copy the private key:-

Code:
5JHB8C 9zkrKU CFg4Mg dHHg8x N9fzrn DFmka4 RhhK9a 3Zzu4j 7pu

5. Remove all spaces:-
Code:
5JHB8C9zkrKUCFg4MgdHHg8xN9fzrnDFmka4RhhK9a3Zzu4j7pu

6. Head over to blockchain, go to the 'import/export' tab, then paste the private key into the 'add private key':-

Hey-look, it matches!

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
l.j2300 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:51:13 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I know how to import the private key using the that option. But how would I import the entire wallet? Lets say someone had a wallet with different private keys in them and there btc split within those private keys. Instead of manually importing each private key (may take a while), how would one import them all by importing the wallet, on say blockchain? I know if one had a bitcoin-qt wallet, they drag the .dat file to where it says "drag" on blockchain. I am trying to find out how to import the entire armory wallet on blockchain?
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:23:49 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I know how to import the private key using the that option. But how would I import the entire wallet? Lets say someone had a wallet with different private keys in them and there btc split within those private keys. Instead of manually importing each private key (may take a while), how would one import them all by importing the wallet, on say blockchain? I know if one had a bitcoin-qt wallet, they drag the .dat file to where it says "drag" on blockchain. I am trying to find out how to import the entire armory wallet on blockchain?

All honesty? Not a clue. My best suggestion would be to either wait for someone who understands how Armory writes the wallet files and how Blockchain expects the wallet files, or, just send the money to blockchain using a normal BTC transaction, assuming you don't need to keep the addresses the same.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
l.j2300 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:41:43 PM

I tried searching for the answers but I couldn't find any. Just in case in the future if for any reason Armory is not working, I wanted to see the alternatives of importing a wallet. The only reason I find interest in importing the wallet is just for convenience. By importing every private key separate, it would take a while if one had small amounts of btc in each.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 08:44:39 PM

I tried searching for the answers but I couldn't find any. Just in case in the future if for any reason Armory is not working, I wanted to see the alternatives of importing a wallet. The only reason I find interest in importing the wallet is just for convenience. By importing every private key separate, it would take a while if one had small amounts of btc in each.

You can't do this, because right now Armory uses a deterministic wallet that no one else uses.  When Armory started, there werent' any other apps that had deterministic wallet, so there was no one to be compatible with.  We'll all upgrade to BIP 32 eventually, but until then the only way to do it is to export the first X keys and import them into the target application/service.  Or mod one of the other wallets to do the same deterministic algorithm Smiley

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
l.j2300 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:54:02 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: