Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio and charts for better altcoin analysis?  (Read 3052 times)
2dogs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:00:55 PM

If this belongs in speculation or other area, please move.

Anyone else besides me have this problem?

There is a need for real time portfolio balances, like a stock brokerage would offer.

Gives you the alt coin, number of coins, value/BTC, BTC real time equals the value in USD.

Right now, I'm keeping this on a spreadsheet, damn PITA.

Second, where to find altcoin charts, OVERLAYED, so you can see relative performance?

Serious tools for analyzing altcoins are lacking - how are others doing it?

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:02:55 PM

There is a need for real time portfolio balances, like a stock brokerage would offer.

Gives you the alt coin, number of coins, value/BTC, BTC real time equals the value in USD.

Second, where to find altcoin charts, OVERLAYED, so you can see relative performance?

coding this now. want early access?

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
mnsch

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:38:56 PM

Count me in!
IrateChinaman

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:46:51 PM

Ooooo me too me too!
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:53:45 PM

Interested
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:56:42 PM

This is something that is very much needed, hopefully someone provides a solution soon.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 11:51:04 PM

Phase one is in development. Hopefully something will be running at the end of the week. Will be running in private mode while we bugfix. Doing Bitcoin first, but altcoins will be immediately added afterwards.

Give me an idea of what features you all would like? Now is your chance while I'm still writing specs.

Also could you give me an idea of what people would pay for a premium version? I want to operate is somewhat like reddit gold, where everything is free, but you can buy a premium to give you a few extra perks so I can fund development and servers.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

I thought there was already a site where you tell it all the altcoins you have and it telsl you how much that adds up to?

That is at least a start.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
craggie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:19:23 AM

I'd happily pay the equivalent of $10/month for a high quality tool like this.   Of course I would want to pay with a cryptocurrency flavor.

Looking forward to seeing your product.
2dogs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:46:00 AM

coding this now. want early access?

Wonderful!  Great minds think alike Wink

Forgot to add a request for cost data, which in turn will calculate your profit/loss in BTC, USD, and %.

Agree, would gladly pay for extra goodies + not do manual updates, even if it is just for BTC first.
2dogs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:55:53 AM

I thought there was already a site where you tell it all the altcoins you have and it telsl you how much that adds up to?

That is at least a start.

-MarkM-

Maybe you are thinking of Cryptsy?

Cryptsy only gives your balance for each respective coin, and a total equivalent in BTC.

Not very useful in analyzing data to make buy/sell/hold decisions.
Cygnify

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:14:35 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 10:29:12 AM by Cygnify

Count me in, definitely interested and if need be in paying a monthly fee in crypto coins Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:22:44 AM

Same here, updating a spreadsheet is quite a PITA

Count me in !
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 04:33:01 PM

I'd happily pay the equivalent of $10/month for a high quality tool like this.   Of course I would want to pay with a cryptocurrency flavor.

Looking forward to seeing your product.
Of course. Who wants dirty fiat anymore?

Ok, so is what I'm thinking now. Phase one should be completed by the end of the day. We have a basic Bitcoin ticker up. Will provide screenshots when I have that live. Nothing different from Bitcoinity although we do offer our prices in mBTC as well.

Phase two will probably be done by next week. The top 10 coins will be displayed and their market stats will be automatically updated approx. every minute. You will be able to enter your coins amounts, your market value will automatically adjust.

2dogs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 07:29:58 AM by 2dogs

Further definition of the charting request:

This should be a premium feature as it is informative - should not be given away for free, IMO!

To be able to identify immediately (real time feed) of any altcoin's performance, in percentages, in customizable timeframes.

This would be easy to see in a graph, but a list might be ok.  Now, there is nothing close.

And especially relative to each other - one can choose off a drop down list,and the graphs would overlay each other.

For example, I want to see a graph of any 5 given altcoins (my selection),  over the past hour, with volume.

The time frame is customizable, offering 1, 3, 15 mins., 1 day, week, month, etc.

Alerts, Stochastics, MACD, etc. can also be added later.

(Have an example in pdf form, how can I show the image?)

This is ideal - I understand the progress happens in baby steps.

Thanks again.

super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:05:49 AM

Sorry for the roughness, but I wanted to show a quick update:

Still lots of cleanup to do, but hey it works! Hopefully it will be a bit prettier tomorrow.

Ok hopefully by next week you will be able to see a live table with (Market Cap, BTC Price, USD Price, Total Supply, and Market Cap Graph) for the top 10 coins. Will update in minute intervals for now.

To keep things simple I think I'll offer 10 founder spots, that will have access to our pre-production test server for helping support the development. You can use the tool and help set the direction. Founders pay once and then never again. Dunno what a fair price for this would be. 

Cygnify

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:28:39 AM

I would be up for a founder spot depending on price.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
2dogs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:31:20 AM

me too, depending on price.
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:34:57 AM

me too, depending on price.
You guys decide whats fair.

IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:06:49 AM

I apply for a founder spot too !
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: