Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best methods for safely claiming "bounties"?  (Read 908 times)
BlazeOfGlory (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:49:17 AM

So let's say Bob offers a bounty of 5 BTC to write a piece of software for him. How exactly would I go about fulfilling that bounty, give him the software, and get the 5 BTC without being ripped off? For example, Bob gets the software, and then decides not to pay me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 03:55:54 AM

There are a couple of main problems with bounty systems which is why CIYAM Open was designed the way it was.

Firstly it's kind of pointless to have a "race to code" as you are going to end up with the worst quality software possible as each coder only cares about delivering first not how good the software is. Secondly, how do you confirm delivery and acceptance?

For the first part I use the approach of "dibs" which is where several devs provide a promised delivery date but only *one* is selected to work on the task (if unable to complete it on time then the task is re-opened for further "dibs").

For the second part "git" is your friend - a "git pull request" is proof that you have submitted code and if that request is "merged" then you have proof that the code was accepted. Even if rejected because the "pull request" remains in the repository its changes can be compared against later changes made to the project to show evidence of "stealing rejected code".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:23:49 PM

That is what escrows are for. Im sure there are some efforts in trying to automate the classic role of the escrow by smart contracts and whatnot, but if you don't want to gamble with that since it may still be too early (and honestly I don't know how would you get rid of the human factor there) then just find a good escrow.

Escrows put their reputation at stake, so they have an incentive not to screw up, since if they do, they will lose money long term as future jobs as an escrow will stop happening as loss of reputation occurs due scamming clients, so it's better to be a good escrow and continue being legit to keep making money, so even if the guy had no morals, he would make more money being a good escrow in principle, that's the whole point.

colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:45:50 PM

Hmmm..
This is one of the greatest issue faced here in bitcoin talk.. Some bounty will be introduce and make a good and great promising reward and when the bounty hunters fulfill there part and is there turn to do there they run 🏃 away and delete there work from the thread a good example is ROUTRIP BOUNTY.
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:52:54 PM

I know this post is old, but the only fairest way would be to use a middle man who both of trust

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:39:16 PM

I think that's the part SEC approval is needed.
A lot of ICO  has come and gone and this people has really collected people's treasure like BTC and ETH for a fraud project thay doesn't and wouldn't exist. Likewise if such should require someone to write a code or design a software and be rewarded with a particular amount of btc or eth or $$$, then if there's a law bidding such action then I see not reason you wouldn't get payed for your work but it there isn't any law or rule, then I suspect you might not get your rewards.
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:58:01 PM

So let's say Bob offers a bounty of 5 BTC to write a piece of software for him. How exactly would I go about fulfilling that bounty, give him the software, and get the 5 BTC without being ripped off? For example, Bob gets the software, and then decides not to pay me.

The bad side of it now is most bounties don't meet up to their targets claiming is not the big issue here but meeting up to their targets is my problem because some after a long wait or let's say all promotion you have gone to in other to let the project been noticed at the end they give you stories of not meeting up. Claiming bounties really need good research for you not to waste your time and effort.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: