Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:40:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Private Internet Access Service - a happy ending  (Read 838 times)
Bitcoin-Corporation.com (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:57:25 AM

I gave my word to an associate that I would take a moment and tell you about his experience with Private Internet Access.

He attempted to purchase a month of VPN service using Ripple as the payment method.

Things went terribly wrong when there was a problem with the payment. The payment was made, it didn't register and they didn't receive the service they ordered.

Upon contacting support they were told that support could not find the payment, even though various pieces of proof of purchase was submitted. PIA eventually explained that Ripple payments were handled differently, and by a different department at an irregular period, outside of other payment methods.

My associate and their associated ticket was bounced around to various people over a number of weeks, with on-going requests to refund their ripple. In the face of my associate going ballistic PIA needs to be ashamed at what seemed to be blatant theft or lack of care, things went totally quite from PIA. With one last attempt before "taking it to the next level", PIA had a surprising and completely refreshing response: While they "continue to investigate the matter", they finally took my associates word, and compensated them with a SUBSTANTIAL subscription. Substantial enough to appease them for the trouble.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, it's great to know that sometimes there are still instances where a company or individual can move past the taint that thieves create and make people feel that "the customer is always right", or at least has some value to them.

On behalf of my associate, "thanks Private Internet Access"
http://Http://privateinternetaccess.com

Pete D.R.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: