Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: They already pre writing articles for tomorrow  (Read 1147 times)
GriTBitS (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:08:37 AM

its nov 29th and this article is dated nov 30th

http://www.economist.com/news/technology-quarterly/21590766-virtual-currency-it-mathematically-elegant-increasingly-popular-and-highly

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:21:01 AM

it's a message from the future!
Pteppic

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:21:48 AM

It is the Economist. Their print edition has an 'official' date from Saturday to Saturday, so even though it is on the online version, it is still dated in line with the print edition that the subscribers will receive in the post tomorrow morning.

"Remember too on every occasion which leads you to vexation to apply this principle: not that this is a misfortune, but that to bear it nobly is good fortune." - Marcus Aurelius
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:25:03 AM

It's a dangerous game with bitcoins, articles get old very quickly!
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:58:06 AM

two in a row.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21590901-it-looks-overvalued-even-if-digital-currency-crashes-others-will-follow-bitcoin

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:16:49 AM

Very foolish and risky decision as a trader to buy on All Time High price! A crash always follows the high, now's the silence before the storm.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
seanneko

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:43:30 AM

Very foolish and risky decision as a trader to buy on All Time High price! A crash always follows the high, now's the silence before the storm.

Yes, I agree. Those people who bought when the ATH first hit $1 are really stupid. I bet they all regret buying at an ATH.
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:24:44 AM

Yes, I agree. Those people who bought when the ATH first hit $1 are really stupid. I bet they all regret buying at an ATH.
Why compare it with a time when even 2% of the world didn't knew about it. The demographics and behaviour of Bitcoin volatility was much different then. Now, traders are getting involved and that sort of updates rules of the game, if not changing it.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
RicePicker

Activity: 216

RicePicker

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:53:56 AM

For someone that just registered right after the initial bitcoin boom early November you are very skeptical of bitcoins passing all the ATHs that a lot of people believed would crash the bitcoin market. While I think you just want the market to crash so you can buy some cheaper coins, which you could have if you bought along the way up and not spouting that the ATH has been reached and its going to crash.

Why compare it with a time when even 2% of the world didn't knew about it. The demographics and behaviour of Bitcoin volatility was much different then. Now, traders are getting involved and that sort of updates rules of the game, if not changing it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:02:41 PM

I've made over $1000 in BTC by playing a game I call "buy the all time high".

It goes like this:
1. When you hit an all time high, buy.
2. Place a tight stop to limit potential losses to a few percent.
3. Wait 5-10% depending on how fast it is moving.
4. Sell to recover initial investment.

Since I'm only doing this with $200-300 order sizes, the dip would have to be 300-500% to wipe out my profits from this "foolish" endeavor.  But if somebody is willing to pay me to take their bitcoins, I gladly take the loss and scoop up as many coins as I can carry.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: