Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:44:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchange is the most honest and reliable?  (Read 1207 times)
jonanon (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:30:47 AM

I'm wondering if anyone has any recent positive experiences to share regarding any of the current exchanges?

I have a few bitcoins in my wallet and would love to trade some of the different currencies such as litecoin and namecoin but I would class myself as being extremely cautious and overly pessimistic. I have read so many things about BTC-e that make me inclined to go elsewhere - but where?

There seems to be no human element involved - everything is done behind closed doors.

We need an etrade for crypto currency!

Angry

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:35:16 AM

btc-e is the most common if you are looking for alt currencies... i also hear cryptsy.com is good as well.
xchanga.com

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 09:37:57 AM

we can do but to ecurrencies like paypal, okpay, skrill, perfectmoney or WU/MG.
you can also use localbtcoins or btc-e depending.

Bitcoins at rate 430 - 440 usd. www.xchanga.com Is d The Best Place to get Your Bitcoins. Try us & See the Difference.
duravello

Activity: 127

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:46:25 AM

I have a few bitcoins in my wallet and would love to trade some of the different currencies such as litecoin and namecoin but I would class myself as being extremely cautious and overly pessimistic. I have read so many things about BTC-e that make me inclined to go elsewhere - but where?

I see only reported delays for USD deposits for BTC-e, but when your BTC get not added by a chance, their customer support is very bad.
Use cryptsy instead but because cryptsy doesnt accept USD deposits, it might be more risky and shady
Hattifattener

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:09:02 AM

I see only reported delays for USD deposits for BTC-e, but when your BTC get not added by a chance, their customer support is very bad.
Use cryptsy instead but because cryptsy doesnt accept USD deposits, it might be more risky and shady

I've used BTC-E for a long time, never had any problems.

What I DO know is that there are no honest and reliable BANKERS in the world! So, down with the corrupt bastards  Grin
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:12:27 AM

Go for btc-e and cryptsy.com

There are good have on btc-e and cryptsy account

btc-e for btc and ltc

cryptsy for other alt coins

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

tobww

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:23:11 AM

What about Vircurex? Is it good?
mitdrissia

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:25:19 AM

btc-e and bitcoinx are reliable exchange sites.
DamageX

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:46:54 AM

What I DO know is that there are no honest and reliable BANKERS in the world! So, down with the corrupt bastards  Grin

Funny thing is, bitcoin and other alt currencies are trying to do away with the banks. Grin
Hattifattener

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:30:53 PM

Funny thing is, bitcoin and other alt currencies are trying to do away with the banks. Grin

Exactly, it's a beautiful thing!
chalkyuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:40:33 PM

As a newbie my advice may be not the best. But I use cryptsy and find it ok
mel2000

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

btc-e has recently seen a sharp spike in customer withdrawal complaints. It doesn't help that its defenders are all new to this forum. It would be reasonable to avoid btc-e for now.

It's also reasonable to avoid btc-handlers that don't have a good and long track record.
Chemso

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:59:15 PM

i'm using https://www.bitstamp.net/ as an exchange. they support SEPA transfers which usually transfers the money in less than 2-3 business days to my bank account. they had some issues with their banking software a week ago, but those got solved pretty quick
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:05:54 PM

I use kraken because btc-e and mt.gox are very problematic.

First of all it takes ages to get verified there, and even when you are verified its a pain in the ass to transfer or withdraw money.

Kraken is very easy and fast, Altough it seems to be not nearly as popular as the other exchanges. No idea why but I love kraken.
ravelant

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

I use crypto-trade.com since they were the only one that did XPM/USD at the time.
Feri22

Activity: 748
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:21:05 PM

I think btc-e and bitstamp should be fine, but generally keep your coins out of 3rd party services...you never know and now when 10k bitcoin price is coming, imo exchanges will be more and more under attacks from hackers...
pinball

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:25:56 PM

I've used https://www.bitstamp.net/ and had no problems putting money in and buying BTC, transfer was quick and trade was fast.  
Not sure how reliable things are when you actually want to get your money back out of course.......
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:40:05 PM

btc-e has recently seen a sharp spike in customer withdrawal complaints. It doesn't help that its defenders are all new to this forum. It would be reasonable to avoid btc-e for now.

It's also reasonable to avoid btc-handlers that don't have a good and long track record.
Bitstamp is receiving the least complaints, as of now.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Brighterbits

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:40:30 PM

we can do but to ecurrencies like paypal, okpay, skrill, perfectmoney or WU/MG.
you can also use localbtcoins or btc-e depending.

WARNING: xcahnga is a scammer. He was caught already at the talkgold forum and banned. He has multiple accounts to fake it like other people are having good experiences with xchanga. What a low life... BEWARE!
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:44:54 PM

I would recomend bitstamp.net which is safe, quick and with low fees Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: