Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which exchange is the most honest and reliable?  (Read 1207 times)
xzibits

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:46:09 PM

I just used localbitcoins have a good deal.
johnmullian

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:13:43 PM

btc-e, cryptsy and bitstamp are more common. They are just popular and so they seem to be honest and reliable.
manoamano

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:24:25 PM

I just used localbitcoins have a good deal.

It is the best if you can find a face to face transaction.
himorher

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:56:06 PM

For face to face, I prefer localbitcoins.

Online exchanges btc-e, cryptsy, bitstamp and others work well often receives certain issues, but worth to use it.
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:58:14 PM

For face to face, I prefer localbitcoins.

Online exchanges btc-e, cryptsy, bitstamp and others work well often receives certain issues, but worth to use it.

Cryptsy is not an exchange. Not if you want to get money, is it?

spqrusa

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:09:23 AM

I've been using most of the exchanges for the last six months. In order of reliability for me:

Reliable so far:
1) Coinbase
2) Bitstamp.net (Coinbase's exchange)
3) Cryptsy - only used to buy alts.

Usable and reliable so far:
1) Crypto-Trade
2) Kraken
3) CoinEx

Completely unreliable :

1) BTC-e - run by known scammers. Selectively target high value accounts. Have lost many BTC from them seizing my account for no good reason other than I created a second (verified) account. Support completely unresponsive.
2) MtGox - run by non-finance types who are fairly comical in their support. Nothing stolen by them but they will not give USD out so they are useless for fiat cash out (not important to me). Have used them to buy BTC but they are always the most expensive.
garan

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:20:10 AM

I've made three SEPA deposits to Kraken and each time they were available the next business day. I haven't withdrawn anything yet but BTCs. The website is really well done and the possibility to use leverage is quite interesting (and risky!). I believe you need to be verified to use this feature though. Bitstamp looks good too, much more volume.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:28:18 AM

I've been using most of the exchanges for the last six months. In order of reliability for me:

Reliable so far:
1) Coinbase

Agreed on both of these.  I'll note I only have used Coinbase to convert to fiat, rather than the other way around.  I have heard of some having difficulties in the other direction.  I am about to try buying BTC from them, but will only do it if the price goes down in the near future.  At least in some significant amount.  Regardless of price, I am going to do a couple buy transactions just to verify a credit card and jack up my limits a bit.

As for Bitstamp, I do not use them personally as an exchange, but I consider their ticker a lot more reliable indicator of value than the often fantastic and unbelievable prices the Magic the Gathering exchange gives.  How the Magic the Gathering folks are considered the leading exchange is kind of a mystery, because their ticker is ludicrous.  It is hard to avoid the conclusion that these guys have no idea what they're doing.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:27:42 AM

I've made three SEPA deposits to Kraken and each time they were available the next business day. I haven't withdrawn anything yet but BTCs. The website is really well done and the possibility to use leverage is quite interesting (and risky!). I believe you need to be verified to use this feature though. Bitstamp looks good too, much more volume.

I can confirm kraken processes payment VERY fast. And the registration process is very fast as well and not nearly as restrictive and tedious as mtgox and btc-e. In fact after about a week mt. Gox finaly emailed me about my registration, and they DENIED it (while I sent them legal documents that are undeniable proof of residency) while kraken accepted them in a matter of hours.

Can't even get money into btc-e so I'm not even going to bother with that. Not to mention I hear a lot of stories that tons very hard to get money out of mtgox.

I honestly believe kraken is not nearly as popular as it should be, just because it's new doesn't mean it is bad. Quite the contrary in fact.

Localbitcoins works well too, easy to use, just note that it's kind of like an eBay for bitcoins, you or buying them "over the counter" from individuals, and it's possible to get scammed, so make sure you're dealing with trustworthy people only.
spqrusa

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:43:43 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 04:49:49 AM by spqrusa

Reliable so far:
1) Coinbase

Agreed on both of these.  I'll note I only have used Coinbase to convert to fiat, rather than the other way around.  I have heard of some having difficulties in the other direction.  I am about to try buying BTC from them, but will only do it if the price goes down in the near future.  At least in some significant amount.  Regardless of price, I am going to do a couple buy transactions just to verify a credit card and jack up my limits a bit.

As for Bitstamp, I do not use them personally as an exchange, but I consider their ticker a lot more reliable indicator of value than the often fantastic and unbelievable prices the Magic the Gathering exchange gives.  How the Magic the Gathering folks are considered the leading exchange is kind of a mystery, because their ticker is ludicrous.  It is hard to avoid the conclusion that these guys have no idea what they're doing.

I have had no problems buying or selling BTC with Coinbase. I think it depends on your bank account and credit score, which they internally calculate rather than make a credit inquiry. I see lots of posts about Coinbase cancelling purchases. I can only assume their fraud warning system still needs work.

I agree regarding Gox - their price ticker is useless for me without ability to draw USD or other Bankster fiat as well.
spqrusa

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:00:58 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 04:49:33 AM by spqrusa

I can confirm kraken processes payment VERY fast. And the registration process is very fast as well and not nearly as restrictive and tedious as mtgox and btc-e. In fact after about a week mt. Gox finaly emailed me about my registration, and they DENIED it (while I sent them legal documents that are undeniable proof of residency) while kraken accepted them in a matter of hours.

Can't even get money into btc-e so I'm not even going to bother with that. Not to mention I hear a lot of stories that tons very hard to get money out of mtgox.

I honestly believe kraken is not nearly as popular as it should be, just because it's new doesn't mean it is bad. Quite the contrary in fact.

Localbitcoins works well too, easy to use, just note that it's kind of like an eBay for bitcoins, you or buying them "over the counter" from individuals, and it's possible to get scammed, so make sure you're dealing with trustworthy people only.

Kraken will get much more popular and liquid when they accept CA amd NY clients. Until then they will have low liquidity. I really like their support and the website is rock solid with unmatched security. Oh, and if they try to rob me, I can show up with the Feds at their door and at their bank without much hassle.

I have done a little localbitcoin but nearly got scammed for a sizeable amount by a counterfeiter. Lucky for me my bank recommended a cool little counting and counterfeit detection machine that saved me a load of coin. For all the crap said about banks, I would rather trust them with my BTC than most the endless fraudsters in Bitcoinland.

What is sad is that BTC-e probably started just fine but they seem to be overrun with inside scammers and all the newbs here look ridiculous when Hero members still talkup BTC-e. Seems that BTC-e knows very well how to play the shill game on these forums too as they have been here for a while.
quantumflow

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:02:17 AM

I have used BTC-e and cryptsy for awhile now. Both are thumbs up for sure.
Cyberminer

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:09:08 AM

I have used btc-e and cryptsy so far and don't have anything bad to say. I don't leave a ton of any coins on the servers and once I have traded them to the coin I want I pull them off just incase they get hacked or something.
aryer84

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

cavirtex answers your question.

the best in the business.
player01

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:09:01 AM

I have used btc-e and cryptsy but I have yet to buy btc anywhere but locally or on eBay, although eBay is overpriced because most people buying are actually scammers, I just got lucky and bought at the going rate.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: