Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 09:21:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdraw from pool directly into Exchange?  (Read 752 times)
MR2 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:18:09 AM

Can I withdraw from a pool (ie. coinotron) directly to an exchange (ie btc) ?

Or do I have to withdraw locally first?

Thanks for Info!
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:20:19 AM

IF (and this is a big if) your exchange has only one static receiving address for you, then yes. You should check with their FAQ or ask their customer support.

If you're not looking to set up autopay from your pool (where it pays out for every x BTC mined), then yeah, no problem. Just click the deposit button on your exchange, have your pool send to that address, and you should be all set. (if the exchange does uses "dynamic addresses" [not one static receiving address for all eternity], then you should be sure you don't send any more BTC to that exchange address, since one of the transactions may not be counted by the exchange)
MR2 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:30:02 AM

Thank you for your response. BTC-e does mention that an address can be used multiple times but they also state, that they do not accept "generated" transactions.

So it should be saver to withdraw "locally" and from there to an exchange.

BTW.: What happens, when a transaction is not accepted .. ? Is that possible or is this just a return-transaction then.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:49:29 AM

Thank you for your response. BTC-e does mention that an address can be used multiple times but they also state, that they do not accept "generated" transactions.

So it should be saver to withdraw "locally" and from there to an exchange.

BTW.: What happens, when a transaction is not accepted .. ? Is that possible or is this just a return-transaction then.
When they say "generated," they're referring to coins produced as a direct result of mining (like from p2pool). Some other pools work like that, too, where the coins generated from mining go directly to the address you have set as the payout address (Eligius?). I don't think most do it that way (they instead have a community wallet where generated coins, and then when you withdraw, you're withdrawing from that community pool), but I've been out of the loop for too long to answer you with much confidence. If your pool credits your account instead of paying directly to an address every time the pool finds a block, the "generated transaction" exception probably doesn't apply to you and you'll be fine.

If a transaction isn't accepted, BTC-e would probably keep the funds until you pester customer service to get the coins credited to your account. (I think this is how it works with Gox)
Faince1985

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:56:23 PM

If you have a re-usable address that is constantly linked to your exchanger account then you can do,I suggest you withdraw to your own account though to reduce risk of lost payment.

naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:41:03 PM

If you have a re-usable address that is constantly linked to your exchanger account then you can do,I suggest you withdraw to your own account though to reduce risk of lost payment.

You can change the withdrawal address in the pool.
The only correct answer to the question is "yes"
MR2 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:11:49 PM

thank you for the answers

I was just unsure what a "generated transaction" is, which is mentioned at btc-e for example, which Kluge has pointed out - so a normal pool (which collects first instead of sending mined coins directly per share) can withdraw to an exchange directly, because that would be just a normal transaction.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: