Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam ICO  (Read 198 times)
Pamela1966 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 09:30:04 PM

Ever since I've joined the crypto community I have done couple bounty campaigns and everything is alright,  no cheating but I was curious to know about other people experience.
So I want to ask have you been scammed?
Pet240

Activity: 486
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:50:00 PM

Well, personally i have not engaged in any scam bounty. Although, of i find myself not being paid for the work done through bounty, i will see it gas one of those odd moments that one faces in businesses. When running a business, there are times you might loose and times that you might gain. It is always a two way thing, but whatever happens, do not allow it to discourage you.
ilya_gr

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:55:19 PM

Last example was Benefit project(something about "cashback idea" - useless as i know then).
It was quite good bounty campaign,and in the middle of campaign when they sterted their ICO,after reached 3.5 million$, just deleted all accounts from all services,and dissapear.
Somebody told, people organized the group of prof to find them,but don`t know what happened after
camport

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:58:01 PM

I've spent months on some bounty campaigns and then the ICO didn't do too well so we ended up getting paid a load less than we should have, its unfortunate as I was expecting 20x more

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
panghae

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:00:58 PM

Not yet and i dont want to be,but as far as i can tell these scams are unavoidable as you can see even those legit projects from are turning into scams which is why theres no assurance from these legit projects,even research will be useless if these professional scammers are going to do the magic,theres no exception for these scammers.

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:00:59 PM

Most of the people who get scammed are the true diehard bounty hunters that participate in absolutely any campaign out there. If you participate in even the lowest of the low bounties, then of course you should expect to get scammed. Remember, only around 20-25% of ICOs actually reach their soft cap, and even fewer make it to the hard cap. Therefore you have approximately 25% chance of selecting an ICO that will simply fail. You can of course decrease these odds by careful selection, but failing that, you could also waste a lot of time and energy for nothing.
Noobaru

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:14:23 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 12:00:11 AM by Noobaru

Well, yes, just recently with a bounty campaign and therefore their ICO, but I don't want to name it. Though, it was solely my own fault, because the thing already looked like scam when I was applying for it. The allocation was probably too high, but I said to myself that it is worth a shot. I didn't spend to much hours for the project, so I don't really care, but at least I know what kind of projects I need to avoid from a mile away.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:20:18 PM

Ever since I've joined the crypto community I have done couple bounty campaigns and everything is alright,  no cheating but I was curious to know about other people experience.
I haven't been scammed by an ICO since I never joined any of them but if it's out of ICO then I have an experience and became a victim before.
I've spent months on some bounty campaigns and then the ICO didn't do too well so we ended up getting paid a load less than we should have, its unfortunate as I was expecting 20x more
You better be happy and grateful that you are paid for your bounty, others are unlucky and not paid so instead of complaining that it was lesser.
Actually you are lucky that you got paid, you're in fortune so don't say it's unfortunate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:37:34 PM

Sometimes there are situations where it is very difficult to understand if it is cheating or not. More often it is necessary to scrutinize the project very carefully and try to feel the developers are working on it or just create visibility. And then this is live communication, usually good teams are very friendly, but not quickly answered. Well, in general, you need to understand the goals of the project.
Milansilver7

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:41:27 PM

I have experienced ICO Scam several times, very painful, my hard work in few months no results, I also buy their tokens, now the tokens are just so decorate my wallet, I want to throw the token for disturbing.
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:46:56 PM

There are many scam projects and sometimes it is difficult for us small investors to find out if a project is really serious. I've been fooled by Pincoin, DCX, RouTrip and others
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:01:25 PM

Ever since I've joined the crypto community I have done couple bounty campaigns and everything is alright,  no cheating but I was curious to know about other people experience.

I've been joining a lot of bounty campaigns since last year right when I stepped into Jr. Member as the least rank who can join bounty campaigns.
Unfortunately, my ever first bounty campaign was a scam. it was a Tangerine Exchange by Mandarin company. I earned handful of tokens but until today it didn't bumped into crypto exchanges for some serious reasons.
Today, I could say, half of my participated bounty campaigns aren't actually paying so I don't think I have serious problem with that since for me it's pretty normal that in every 2 bounty campaigns, there would be only 1 who is paying.
The only way why I am not totally affected with scam ICOs and bounty campaigns is signing up multiple accounts in order to join as many bounty campaigns as I could.
kaloloy

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:05:37 PM

There are many scam projects and sometimes it is difficult for us small investors to find out if a project is really serious. I've been fooled by Pincoin, DCX, RouTrip and others

I haven't been scammed by ICOs and bounty campaigns but my time and efforts.
some of the bounty campaigns that aren't paying and failed ICOs are TNG as Tangerine Exchange, RPay, Librium, Monartis, MimiCoin, Denaro and other bounty campaigns that under Sylon and Needmoney.
I don't blame bounty campaign managers for they are not the responsible for the scam and failed ICOs.
I just need to exert more techniques on how to spot a good over bad or scam ICOs.
kaloloy

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:08:19 PM

I have experienced ICO Scam several times, very painful, my hard work in few months no results, I also buy their tokens, now the tokens are just so decorate my wallet, I want to throw the token for disturbing.

For me, it's ok if we only lost our time and efforts on helping scam ICOs on promoting in order to attract investors and run their money away.
At least we didn't lose our hard-earned money and that's the most important as we can have all of the time to join more bounty campaigns and put more efforts on it.
it's more painful if we do lost our hard-earned money and let those scammers take away our money.
LuvdubNation

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

If the ICO isn't being run by a legit or transparent company, don't bother. 

LuvdubCoin.com ★ The Next Evolution in Online Dating ★ Join the airdrop before the cap is reached!
Muslimin mj

Activity: 568
Merit: 18

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:22:37 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 01:34:22 PM by Muslimin mj

many here, but the latter has been reduced, because many policies are applied, I've experienced bounty scam, but not many, only 3 bounty, others are all successful. now I am more careful in choosing bounty.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pagaralambesemah

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

yes I never, a campaign that initially looks normal upon completion there is no certainty about the sale. lost wallets and administrators dare not comment
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 01:32:30 PM

I havent experience this scam bounty program. Because i doa deep research about the project. I ask thing might tell if that ico is scam. Checking its partnership if it real, this one is a good way to know aa scam project. Putting a logo of some company and me as a researcher i ask thay company if this partnership within the two is real or fake.

CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:20:57 PM

I only participated once in a bounty Scam. On the bounty the company I spent 3 months and got nothing, except experience. I think no one is immune from this.
oyeade56

Activity: 163

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:59:26 PM

And ever since I joined the Cryptocurrency world, I have experienced and participated in two scammed ico and believe me, I wasn't happy at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: