Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What exchange would fund with 10k fiat  (Read 2129 times)
minutetaker (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Hey all.  I wanna fund an exchange w/ about 10 K, but surprisingly I dont wanna get screwed.  Where would/do you send it and where would you absolutely not send it
Cheers
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:32:00 PM

Hey all.  I wanna fund an exchange w/ about 10 K, but surprisingly I dont wanna get screwed.  Where would/do you send it and where would you absolutely not send it
Cheers

anywhere except intersango ,filthy thieving cnuts stole my balance 
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:45:11 PM

I've been using without issues Bitcoin.de, but you have to be in the Euro zone to be able to use it. You don't have to deposit money but only btcs, and if you buy btcs you send an european international bank transfer directly to the seller, so the site intermediation is only regarding bitcoins. Often there is people selling "big" stocks like 10-20 btcs so you probably won't even need to split your money in many payments.
shizuska

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:54:10 PM

I personally use Bitstamp. I have deposited fiat via bank transfer about 10 times and withdraw about same. Never had a problem.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:01:54 PM

Hey all.  I wanna fund an exchange w/ about 10 K, but surprisingly I dont wanna get screwed.  Where would/do you send it and where would you absolutely not send it
Cheers

Bitstamp or Kraken.

pretty much tried them all, these 2 are the best for fiat deposits.

fiddelingones

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:10:14 PM

Do not risk with BTC-e, I waiting over week for the USD deposit to be added, no ticket answers so far!

theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:33:51 PM

If you're in the US, use Bitstamp or if you wanna be weird, Campbx.

If you're not in the US, or have a bank outside of the US, I've never had a problem with BTC-E. Do your own research, though.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:43:48 PM

if you're in US, you can use coinbase and just buy that 9 bitcoins directly, just link a bank and click buy, safe as nothing else. They are only up to 10BTC per day though, and new accounts after the first purchase are on hold until it goes through, so for larger amounts you need to send to places like stamp or gox. Still, no problems, it's very simple to send money and easy to get coins out.

i am satoshi
move_zig

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

Cavirtex in Canada has been good for me. They had quite high fees for a while, which they brought back down a bit.

On the plus side, coins tend to go for cheaper on Cavirtex.
minutetaker (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:06:20 AM

Ive heard some dodgy stories about campbx, cheers for the responses, Ill keep researching.  Also anyone use/used bitcurex?
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:39:53 PM

Mt Gox has worked well for me. 
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:11:32 PM

if you're in US, you can use coinbase and just buy that 9 bitcoins directly, just link a bank and click buy, safe as nothing else. They are only up to 10BTC per day though, and new accounts after the first purchase are on hold until it goes through, so for larger amounts you need to send to places like stamp or gox. Still, no problems, it's very simple to send money and easy to get coins out.

Terrible, terrible idea.

If the price goes up, they'll cancel your order due to 'high risk' and if the price goes down they'll keep the original price (what they were supposed to do if the price goes up as well) and let your order go through. Buying through Coinbase is like high risk no reward. Then when you want to withdraw they'll randomly lock you out of your account, locking your coins in your Coinbase account, for about 7 days while you contact support repeatedly with pretty much no answer until finally you can maybe withdraw if you're lucky.

Never use the site, I've never dealt with a more annoying company in my life.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:14:37 PM

Terrible, terrible idea.

If the price goes up, they'll cancel your order due to 'high risk' and if the price goes down they'll keep the original price (what they were supposed to do if the price goes up as well) and let your order go through. Buying through Coinbase is like high risk no reward. Then when you want to withdraw they'll randomly lock you out of your account, locking your coins in your Coinbase account, for about 7 days while you contact support repeatedly with pretty much no answer until finally you can maybe withdraw if you're lucky.

And in contrast, I've moved thousands through them in both directions without issue.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:21:21 PM

Terrible, terrible idea.

And in contrast, I've moved thousands through them in both directions without issue.

Well, you've got lucky. I don't know a single person who has gotten a BUY exchange through them after the price increased even somewhat drastically. I've tried 2 buy orders, and 1 sell order so far, and my friend tried 2 buy orders as well - in total, only my 1 sell order and one of my friend's buy order went through. There is something ridiculously wrong with that picture.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:43:53 PM

Terrible, terrible idea.

Well, I guess we all have different experiences, I'm sharing mine. I've bought like a thousand btc through them and sold (less), and never once had a problem. Just saying. Not a *one* cancelled buy or sale that was executed at a price other than advertised. Yes, they have problems with not enough coins available (the "sorry we're out of BTC"), but that is the only real problem and only happens when you should not be buying, anyway. Yes, they are not suitable for intraday trading during periods volatility. But they are perfect if you just need to quickly buy 10k worth of coins without paying much premium.

i am satoshi
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:46:17 PM

Terrible, terrible idea.

Well, I guess we all have different experiences, I'm sharing mine. I've bought like a thousand btc through them and sold (less), and never once had a problem. Just saying. Not a *one* cancelled buy or sale that was executed at a price other than advertised. Yes, they have problems with not enough coins available (the "sorry we're out of BTC"), but that is the only real problem and only happens when you should not be buying, anyway. Yes, they are not suitable for intraday trading during periods volatility. But they are perfect if you just need to quickly buy 10k worth of coins without paying much premium.

You never got this?

Hi [EMAIL],

On [DATE] you purchased [AMOUNT] BTC via bank transfer for $[AMOUNT].

Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and you will receive a refund to your bank account in 3-4 business days.

Please understand that we do this to keep the community safe and avoid fraudulent transactions. Apologies if you are one of the good users who gets caught up in this preventative measure - we don't get it right 100% of the time, but we need to be cautious when it comes to preventing fraud.

You may have more luck trying again in a few weeks. Best of luck and thank you for trying Coinbase.

Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:51:40 PM

You never got this?

Not once, and I have ~100 trades there. I would've been terribly pissed if I ever did, so I understand why you are. Maybe they consider your bank high risk for some reason? No other explanation? Your account is definitely flagged for some reason...

i am satoshi
theonewhowaskazu

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:11:29 PM

You never got this?

Not once, and I have ~100 trades there. I would've been terribly pissed if I ever did, so I understand why you are. Maybe they consider your bank high risk for some reason? No other explanation? Your account is definitely flagged for some reason...

Weird. I have verified 2 bank accounts, one US Bank, one Bank of America, tried both, neither worked.

I have a verified account (Identity verified), everything filled out except a credit card - did you put in a credit? I have mastercharge, not visa, so its sort of an issue for me to fill that bit out. And no other explanation whatsoever.

And its not just me, I personally know at least one other person who's been screwed over nearly as bad as I have.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

I have a verified account (Identity verified), everything filled out except a credit card - did you put in a credit? I have mastercharge, not visa, so its sort of an issue for me to fill that bit out. And no other explanation whatsoever.

No card on account. Verified info, tied bank account, that's it. I'll try to trade a little during the volatile time, maybe I've only been using it when the price is stable, that's why.

i am satoshi
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:23:24 PM

There are some guys who are saying they have lost like 35k or so from btc-e or so -  don't use btc-e
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: