Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 07:27:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: effortless altcoins?  (Read 433 times)
jballs (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:58:46 PM

Noob questions/comments

There is no fuckin way I am shipping my money to BTCe or MtGox to take weeks to get in and months to get out. Based on many comments of many threads here.

I see localbitcoin as a viable path, but so far that is all.

Is there an altcoin that has moved higher in sympathy with btc that I can just buy and own and get my cash back out the day I sell it, from somewhere that is somewhat trustworthy?

Opinions and wisdom appreciated...

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 02:02:15 PM

www.coinmarketcap.com
Quite some altcoins have had increases by 10x or more and keep on rising. With increases of 100+% in 24hours, while bitcoin has 5-10%.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:03:43 PM

No, because the problem is with fiat, not the coins. All exchanges, as they grow, are not going to be able to fly under the radar, evading government regulators and skittish bankers who don't want to be within a hundred feet of a company exchanging decentralized currencies.

You have buying and selling with individuals through LocalBitcoins (or just finding someone by yourself), buying gift cards at or near face value with your coins, buying items directly with your coins, or taking your chances with an exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: