Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First bitcoin wallet?  (Read 615 times)
elevatedsoul (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:28:11 PM

hello all, i've been trying to find the very first or the earliest wallets that were created to use with bitcoin as years ago i created a profile on a website that was in early beta stage and testing stages for internet currency but as it was years ago and it wasnt popular with only a handful of users  i am having a hard time recalling what it was called exactly but i do remember that it was browser based and seemed pretty light

im just looking for a list of bitcoin wallets so i can try to recover a lost account that i believe was ascociated with bitcoin or a list of other online currencies that i may have confused with bitcoin?

i've tried all of the ones listed on the bitcoin website to no avail (unless my account was deleted some how?)
im interested in retrieving the account and seeing what i have in it  Smiley

i appreciate the help in advance!
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:30:37 PM

Try, perhaps, coinbase.com or blockchain.info.

If it was on a site that traded USD or currency as well, it could be mt. Gox, or Bitstamp.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:33:40 PM

Try, perhaps, coinbase.com or blockchain.info.

If it was on a site that traded USD or currency as well, it could be mt. Gox, or Bitstamp.

BTC-e is used as wallet for alt coins, at least I use it
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:40:05 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 06:44:17 PM by ajax3592

You can check your mail and search "bitcoin" on it, if you added your email to that website, it should show up.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
elevatedsoul (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:08:03 PM

i tried coinbase and mt. gox, dont seem to be either of those.. Blockchain looks familier or atleast the little symbol box they have but everytime i request a lost password to my email i just dont receive one so im guessing its not rejistered to that site?
btc-e also seems to be a negative and i did try searching my email for bitcoin and coin/bit but i didnt find any email... im wanting to say that it was around 2007/2005 when i created the account but it was so long ago that i cant be certain.. i havent changed my email since then though so it should be rejistered to this email

i never did anything with it because it seemed that there was nothing to do with it back then so i just slowly forgot about it as the weeks went on and now years later people are actually accepting it as currency !

edit:
the only other email i used back then seems to be deactivated now, is there anyway to recover a wallet rejistered to a deactivated email?
Faince1985

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:20:24 PM

I don't know if that wallet is still online after this time but perhaps it was mtgox or blockchain.info? They are old and although you might not recognize the user interference as it was changed from years back you might remember the name.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:54:42 PM

Here is a list of possibilities: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:EWallets

It is also very possible that the service you are looking for is now defunct. They never seem to last very long.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:45:58 PM

coinbase is not old I think, and mtgox is not a wallet.
It should be blockchain.info but I don't think that you will recover the account.

Consider the coins lost
elevatedsoul (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:40:41 PM

was there a time when bitcoin didnt use these number and letter addresses as identifiers? i dont seem to remember being issued one of them back then, i am pretty much considering it lost but it would still be nice to recover it just to see how much is in it
i rejistered a new account on blockchain with my email so i dont guess it was that one although that one seems to be the most... similar even with the different graphical interface, the most prominent thing i can remember is that it was in beta and like JUST starting and there were really only litterally a handful of people "playing" with the system
i got bored of it after a week or so and forgot all about it until this year when i started reading and hearing more on the bitcoin and it clicked in my head "maybe this bitcoin is the same system i was playing with back then? maybe i have some coins in the system and dont even know it!"
if i could find it i would be super happy, even if it doesnt have coins just so i could rest easy

i appreciate the replies thusfar and sujestions, unfortunately i still havent had any luck in finding it or the website i was linked to..

anyway, if there are any other ideas out there im all ears
thanks again
blofeld69

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:52:28 PM

I don't know if that wallet is still online after this time but perhaps it was mtgox or blockchain.info? They are old and although you might not recognize the user interference as it was changed from years back you might remember the name.

2005 to 2007? i think bitcoin was just a twinkle in satoshis eye back then

Bitcoin is an open source peer-to-peer electronic money and payment network introduced in 2009 by pseudonymous developer "Satoshi Nakamoto"
elevatedsoul (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:05:40 PM

i cant say for sure that it was that far back (2005-2007) i just know thats probably as far back as it would be, i also have read about the bitcoin and when it was started.. thats why i cant be 100% sure that it was even bitcoin? but i have a hunch that it was because that little B coin is burned in my mind for some reason, i have a pretty terrible memory and suck pretty good when it comes to dates so my timing more than likely is off, i am just curious now

is there any place that has documented the early release of bitcoin? what the place looked like and what not so i could visually identify if or not it was bitcoin? pictures and articles maybe?
i wonder if it is possible that it was another Ecurrency that has since shut down?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: