Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 06:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problem with CPU mining of LTCs  (Read 871 times)
tonkobonko4444 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:39:09 PM

hi, I've started mining LTC's with GPU at coinotron.com, but I would like to mine with my CPU (i7 950).

when I run it, i've got error:
Warning: unknown property "32" in configuration file.
Warning: unknown property "2" in configuration file.

This is the content of configuration files. Does anyone know what is wrong?

------------------------------------------------------
guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\reaper-bb\litecoin.conf

host coinotron.com
port 3334
user MyWorker2
pass MyPass2

protocol litecoin

gpu_thread_concurrency
worksize
vectors
aggression
threads_per_gpu
sharethreads 32
lookup_gap 2

guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\reaper-bb\reaper.conf

kernel reaper.cl
save_binaries yes
enable_graceful_shutdown no
long_polling yes
platform 0
device 1

mine litecoin
tmu

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:49:47 PM

I couldn't either make guiminer to work with my i7-2670QM,
I have no recollection about the error messages.

I use pooler-cpuminer and cuda miner for 555M, win7.
Hash speed is not too good combined Hash is around 37-55Mhas/s.

I have .bat file to start mining:

minerd -o stratum+tcp://YOURPOOL.com:3333 -O WORKERNAME:PASSWORD

Slow but it works.

Teemu
ravelant

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:58:36 PM

What happens when you try to run into without the 'sharethreads' and 'lookup_gap' parameters?  Based on the output you are encountering, it would appear those lines are what the program is complaining about.  Is it possible those parameters need to be equal to the value?  (ie. sharethreads=32)?
bitcoingraphics

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 03:03:30 PM

i started mining yesterday for the first time using the following guide

http://cryptocur.com/litecoin/litecoin-mining/

tonkobonko4444 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

What happens when you try to run into without the 'sharethreads' and 'lookup_gap' parameters?  Based on the output you are encountering, it would appear those lines are what the program is complaining about.  Is it possible those parameters need to be equal to the value?  (ie. sharethreads=32)?

Yea, I also guess that this is the problem (last 2 lines).

When I delete those 2 lines, reaper.exe starts and stops without any error. It's same when I left those 2 lines, but without "2" and "32".

I didn't understand that at the end ("equal to the value")? To put "=" sign before 32? I've try that and its the same.

i started mining yesterday for the first time using the following guide

http://cryptocur.com/litecoin/litecoin-mining/

Tnx, I will look if I can find something useful there

I couldn't either make guiminer to work with my i7-2670QM,
I have no recollection about the error messages.

I use pooler-cpuminer and cuda miner for 555M, win7.
Hash speed is not too good combined Hash is around 37-55Mhas/s.

I have .bat file to start mining:

minerd -o stratum+tcp://YOURPOOL.com:3333 -O WORKERNAME:PASSWORD

Slow but it works.

Teemu

Yea, "guiminer" also created bad BAT file for my GPU ATI 4890 ("guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cgminer\mine-Default.bat") so I had to edit it manually (someone helped me at IRC).

This was created by GUIMINER:

"c:\Users\Ivan\Downloads\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u MyWorker1 -p MyPassword1 -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 --gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I  -g 1 -l 1  --thread-concurrency

and with that I was always geting error “cgminer.exe:–thread-concurrency requires an argument”

This was manually edited and it working OK (I'm getting 160 kH/s):

"c:\Users\Ivan\Downloads\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cgminer\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -u MyWorker1 -p MyPassword1 -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -I 12 -g 1 -w 128

(I also need to manually start it with mine-Default.bat - If I run it from guiminer, guimner again put his bad parameters).
Doom4535

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:29:58 PM

Could the issue be related to cgminer not supporting cpu mining anymore (I believe guiminer is a front end for cgminer)?  I think it would be easiest to run it the same way tmu does, using pooler to mine with the cpu instead.

FLAP: FDf1mMgvMU5CxT1vR33iZr5sf9u2Mb4gcr
EXE: EKtwmweMBLtg5xNXp1anofonJsJiao1DYY
free bitcoin lottery
tonkobonko4444 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:46:15 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 03:57:24 PM by tonkobonko4444

Could the issue be related to cgminer not supporting cpu mining anymore (I believe guiminer is a front end for cgminer)?  I think it would be easiest to run it the same way tmu does, using pooler to mine with the cpu instead.

No, you've understand it wrong. GUIMINER for GPU uses cgminer.exe, but for CPU setup it runs "guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\reaper-bb\reaper.exe". I've post settings for cgminer just to show how this stupid GUIMINER made wrong settings for GPU also (but I've fixed cgminer for GPU with manual changes, with help at IRC (chat)).

OK, I will try this "pooler-cpuminer" for CPU. I am new in all this, this is my first day, so I didn't know that there are more applications Smiley.
tonkobonko4444 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:56:45 PM

Could the issue be related to cgminer not supporting cpu mining anymore (I believe guiminer is a front end for cgminer)?  I think it would be easiest to run it the same way tmu does, using pooler to mine with the cpu instead.

Wow, it seams to works now, TNX! But I think I have a small problem.

I've found http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpuminer/files/ on Google and downloaded http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpuminer/files/pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2-win64.zip/download

Then I've created START.bat (c:\Users\Ivan\Downloads\pooler-cpuminer-2.3.2-win64\START.bat) with this content:

minerd -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -O MyWorker2:MyPass2

I've start BAT file and IT WORKS Cheesy. My i7 950 CPU is at 100% (all 8 cores (4+4)) and speed is 3,5-4,5 kH/s per core (avarage total=40 kH/s)

But the problem is that cgminer.exe (GPU mining) starts to throttle/have disconnections Cheesy. And current GPU speed is 100 kH/s (it was 130-150-170 kH/s).

I guess minerd.exe suffocate cgminer.exe? Altough, I can normally work in Windows even CPU is always on 100%.

Can I somehow little limit minerd.exe with some parameters in BAT file? Or change priority/affinity in Windows Task Manager?
tonkobonko4444 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:04:37 PM

My i7 950 CPU is at 100% (all 8 cores (4+4)) and speed is 3,5-4,5 kH/s per core (avarage total=40 kH/s)

Average is 32 kH/s, not 40.. xD

Btw, why on https://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=myaccount it says that my Hashrate is 28 kH/s for my GPU? :/
Doom4535

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:37:20 AM

Try using the '-t' flag to change the thread count (maybe one less than your number of cores as a starting point), so for a 4 core system you might put '-t 3' into your bat file.

FLAP: FDf1mMgvMU5CxT1vR33iZr5sf9u2Mb4gcr
EXE: EKtwmweMBLtg5xNXp1anofonJsJiao1DYY
free bitcoin lottery
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: