Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first Bitcoin transaction heartbreak  (Read 1721 times)
I2S2SI (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

Whatever you do as a noob to bitcoin DO NOT USE these sites or any sites linked to them. e-pickaxe or anything linked to topminingcontracts.com

I recently paid €750 for a contract with e-pickaxe.com and a week later I got ZERO.

Nobody responds to email or phone calls.

It took me 3 weeks work in my crap job just to earn that money and buy into the BC craze by mining for it as opposed to speculating on it.

I hope they F"*&1wg burn in hell, my very first purchase in BC was a very sore mistake. Cry

Some little things to look out for on any of these sites is the lack of any information on how they will mine for you, no facebook page or twitter, youtube.

Wish I had found this forum first.

Maybe someone can cheer me up a bit
1JHcJQQCjVWyzZc2YJdbVMSSaEDu73mkMT

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chalkyuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:37:08 PM

As a newbie myself. thanks for the heads up.  hope it all goes well for you dude
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:37:13 PM

Now work 3 more weeks buy 2-3x amd radeon r9 280x and mine some litecoins for 1k euro.
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:37:54 PM

You could try other means to get Bitcoins back and cheer yourself up. I wouldn't put my faith in humanity and the kindness of strangers.  
MichaelEngstler

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:43:11 PM

thanks for the warning :\
I2S2SI (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:45:04 PM

You could try other means to get Bitcoins back and cheer yourself up. I wouldn't put my faith in humanity and the kindness of strangers.  

My faith in humanity is a little more damaged and strangers robbed me.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
jun3bug

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:50:16 PM

Grin for some reason i think bitcointalk users aren't too sympathetic to folks that get scammed  Grin Grin
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:13:18 PM

Never trust anyone online, and make sure that the site you use is legit, especially if you have limited money supplies.
Sorry to hear about your loss!  Sad
pinball

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:27:16 PM

Always be sceptical of such things, although a few of them sound 'good enough to be true' rather than 'too good to be true' which is the danger....
bartcoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:29:59 PM

Yep... my first-ever Bitcoin transaction turned out to be a scam also. Did hundreds of transactions in fiat over the internet without any issues, even with perhaps a little bit dodgy sellers via eBay-like sites. But never before. Kind of disturbing that there are more people that can say the same... first Bitcoin transaction, got scammed right away. I have read so many stories like this.

Luckily it wasn't for a huge amount for me (around 150 euro). I guess for us "newbies" it can be a wise lesson.
Due to the nature of BTC people feel anonymous and thus immune to the law. And unfortunately in many countries, that is probably true. Law enforcement has no friggin' clue where to ever start on investigating this. I filed a police report the other day and included blockchain links but I'm pretty sure they will just can it.

While it sucks to lose money to a scammer, to me, it sucks even more that now a lowlife scammer has your hard-earned cash/BTC. That's the worst part. Aside from the fact of course that you lose that much again in faith in how humans interact with eachother. What the f*ck is wrong with you if you think you are entitled to something someone else has? Complete lack of morals. I mean, how would they feel if we stole their stuff?

My advice... which I had gotten from someone else and chose not to follow...:
Make a rule for yourself. No escrow = no transaction. I mean it, you are going to get conned out of money otherwise, it's only a matter of time! No matter how good the deal might be. Even if the deal is just "regular" (normal price, normal everything..., was the case for me). Just save yourself the trouble and the anger.

To all the scammers and thieves out there, I hope hell is real and your burn in it forever, cause you are even more worthless than a pile of dogshit. Get off my planet xD. I hope your next transactions go better and that you get a break.
Buy some LTC or NMC and trade it up, you will make it back in no time. Smiley
topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:36:48 PM

Hello,

I have been waiting some weeks before I post again about the mining contracts.

Many many not to say everybody said bad things about this business model.

I just want to show the real numbers

E-Pickaxe customers of first batch payed u$s 42 per GH and 7 weeks after starting the mining process they made u$s 47.86 per GH.

In 6 weeks they recover the investment.

Regards

TMC

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
crafty

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:47:42 PM

Thanks for helping the community.

jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

Hello,

E-Pickaxe customers of first batch payed u$s 42 per GH and 7 weeks after starting the mining process they made u$s 47.86 per GH.

Regards

TMC

Search the forum , cause there are lots of people who tell a different story.
Oh , well , advertising your business , but you could go and reply to people accusing you of not receiving anything
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 09:27:52 PM

Grin for some reason i think bitcointalk users aren't too sympathetic to folks that get scammed  Grin Grin

No, they just hate the sob stories that go around with the last line as their BTC address, begging and shit.
@OP, sorry for your loss, next time, it would do you good to google the site up first.  Perhaps hear some good comments or reputation that they have earned.
mareuth

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:29:26 PM

I think Incidents like this are an example of one of the biggest counterparts regarding decentralized money systems.
HigsonPP

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:32:16 PM

only use trusted / reputable vendors.  Undecided

topminingcontracts

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:13:59 AM

Hello,

Regards

TMC

Search the forum , cause there are lots of people who tell a different story.
Oh , well , advertising your business , but you could go and reply to people accusing you of not receiving anything

I did it and finally not even  one was a real customer of any mining contractor.

I

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
mapsi

Activity: 141
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:25:10 AM

unfortunate op. guess im a noob even though i been here for quite some time

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
neoplasma

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:52:20 AM

Still waiting for epickaxe to pay bitcoin into my wallet. Also topminingcontracts and epickaxe are the same...paid him a lot of money....not a lot on the net about him .... if he is a scam I would like to see this easier for noobs to find....and a word to topminingcontracts ...if your claim is legit then I look forward to receiving my first bitcoin...
CryptoReaper

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:52:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Most contracts have someone behind them which calculated that they'll recurve more profit than you will, so I tend to be wary of them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: