Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:43:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Token distribution + Metamask + MEW = Confused  (Read 144 times)
EuronPower (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:45:46 AM

Hello everyone. I have put the address of my Metamask wallet (Etherscan by default) in the spreadsheet of a bounty campaign. they are already close to do the distribution of tokens, but they say they will do it by My Ether Wallet (MEW). I'm very confused because I do not know if I should create an account in MEW and talk to the manager to change the address in the spreadsheet, or if simply using the option in MEW that says "Connect with Metamask / mis" is enough to receive the reward?

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:07:27 AM
Merited by valnd (1)

What really matters is that you have created new address, it does not matter where you created it. you can created your new address in metamask or in myetherwallet. to verify if your address is created successfully visit etherscan.io. Also you don't need to bother changing the address you have submitted. you can use myetherwallet or metamask to created and access your wallet. Hope you now understand better?

vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:16:22 AM

You have created an address independent of an exchange. That is the essential part they ask for. Therefore, you will receive the ERC20 tokens in this created wallet. Keep calm. Metamesk is just a virtual wallet protection mask.
Furious 7

Activity: 2898
Merit: 674

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:28:31 AM

I think that's enough, and you'll get paid. Do not panic too and can open your wallet from MEW by connecting it with Metamask.
you have done the right thing.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
EuronPower (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:29:00 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 10:31:56 PM by EuronPower

Okay, the Ethereum Wallets is always linked to Etherscan? Then MEW and Metamask are just virtual media to check your ETH wallet?

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:39:00 PM

Okay, the Ethereum Wallets are always linked to Etherscan? Then MEW and Metamask are just virtual media to check your ETH wallet?

Your wallet address is stored in ETH network and all the online wallets like MEW, MyCprypto, Metamask and others are just interfaces to access your wallet. So no matter which one you use. But if you need to send your tokens to exchnages, than you need to use MEW. There's no possibility to do it using Metamask. And in most cases you need to add the tokens to MEW using token contract address, before you can see them.

EuronPower (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:36:13 PM

And when I add the tokens via MEWW Smart contract, they immediately appear in my metamask interface?

Inspector2580

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:40:11 PM

You have to know n remember that çoins atr stored in the blockchain. Metamask or mew or imtoken are ways for you to access your coins on the ethereum block chain. So any address you create with these threr are valid for anything
johnsaributua

Activity: 882
Merit: 265

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

Okay, the Ethereum Wallets is always linked to Etherscan? Then MEW and Metamask are just virtual media to check your ETH wallet?

I think so, that MEW or metamask or MyCrypto or the other is just a web app to see the ether address. we just login by entering private key.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: