Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted (will pay 1000+ BTC): Limited Protocol Implementation in Java  (Read 2780 times)
chaord (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 04:53:05 AM

Hi guys,
I'm have a number of projects that I'm trying to get underway, and one thing that could speed those up is a java library (no UI necessary) with the following capabilities:

Read/Write Btc addresses and associated keypairs from local XML file (keys.xml)
Example file format: <bitcoin>
                                    <keypair>
                                        <address>abc123</address>
                                        <pub-key>public key goes here</pub-key>
                                        <priv-key>private key goes here</priv-key>
                                    </keypair>
                                   </bitcoin>
You can pick whatever format you think is best.  As long as you can create valid btc addresses/keys and append to the file, in addition to read addresses/keys from the file, I'll be happy.  You'll probably need to use some java crypto library to do this.

Read Transactions from a local XML file (transactions.xml)
Assume that the file already contains all relevant bitcoin tx entries for the bitcoin addresses in keys.xml  This means that the program does NOT need to read any data from the actual blockchain.  The list of transactions for all addresses in keys.xml will be retrieved from a trustworthy source (eg web service) outside the scope of this project.
Example file format:  <transactions><tx amount=30.00>..... </tx></transactions> 
(please propose a format that will work, i'm not intimately familiar with how they are stored)

Create a valid transaction for a specified amount, utilizing above inputs only.
Since the above inputs are the only ones necessary to formulate a valid transaction, there should be a function like "build_transaction(amount, destination_address)"  This function will return a properly formed and signed transaction that can passed to a server and broadcast to the network.

Small and self-contained
Must be a self-contained jar (including dependencies).  The smaller the better.  Please note, there is NO direct interaction with bitcoind (local or remote) allowed.

I'm willing to pay for this work, and it is urgent.  For starters, here's what I propose:
$1000 (or BTC equivalent) if done in 2 weeks. 
50% bonus if done in 1 week.
20% bonus if implemented in Scala.

Alternatively, I will also pay $500 (or BTC equivalent) for someone to implement the exact same thing in PHP.  I will open source a PHP implementation immediately.

Please respond to this thread with questions.  Please email me at chaord.btc@gmail.com if you're interested and capable.  Compensation is negotiable.

Looking forward to working with one (or a few) of you!
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 09:10:41 AM

Nice.
I don't think I can apply to the offer though, mainly due to time constraints.

Do you know there is a java keystore (JKS) file type that you can use to store key pairs? You could add them there in standard formats like PKCS12, PEM etc... These way they could be exported/imported not only by the library, but by external tools as well.
And, just for curiosity, why not JDBC instead of XML? You'd probably have better performance and flexibility that way... if you really want to output a XML file, I guess there might be some XML-database with JDBC drivers somewhere on the internet.
0x6763

February 16, 2011, 03:14:47 PM

I sent you an email.
chaord (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 03:47:20 PM

Thanks for all who responded.  There are some very talented folks perusing the bitcoin forums. I'll get back to each of you today via email.
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2011, 04:04:25 PM

could also try for json instead of xml. json seems to be easier to work with, and is also the accepted standard for representing various bitcoin data structures on output by the various tools currently in existence.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2011, 04:34:31 PM

I have a protocol implementation ready to be open sourced, but it does not have the crypto stuff ready yet, which doesn't really have much to do with the protocol itself.

Still looking for motivated developers to help me create a stable and peer reviewed implementation of the protocol :-)

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
chaord (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 05:35:45 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2011, 05:47:03 PM by chaord

I have a protocol implementation ready to be open sourced, but it does not have the crypto stuff ready yet, which doesn't really have much to do with the protocol itself.

Still looking for motivated developers to help me create a stable and peer reviewed implementation of the protocol :-)

That's excellent!  Is your protocol Android capable?  How much work needs to be done to implement the crypto stuff?

could also try for json instead of xml. json seems to be easier to work with, and is also the accepted standard for representing various bitcoin data structures on output by the various tools currently in existence.

I'd be happy with either xml or json, as long as it's pretty much human readable and doesn't require a hefty library to read it.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 05:53:15 PM

great... open sourcing it first will make peer review process much easier.
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 11:26:48 PM

Hey man, got your message on github, but for anyone else reading I got a protocol implementation, for android, with crypto, open source, with the aim of implementing a full android client, here: https://github.com/dirtyfilthy/bitcoin-wallet

Constructive feedback/criticism greatly appreciated.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 10:12:22 PM

Hey man, got your message on github, but for anyone else reading I got a protocol implementation, for android, with crypto, open source, with the aim of implementing a full android client, here: https://github.com/dirtyfilthy/bitcoin-wallet

Constructive feedback/criticism greatly appreciated.

where should I point my feedback?

I'm missing build instructions... no build.xml?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2011, 08:26:49 AM

That's excellent!  Is your protocol Android capable?  How much work needs to be done to implement the crypto stuff?
It actually is Smiley
I'm still looking into using the non-blocking IO package to avoid having a thread for each connection, making it a little bit more speedy, and less of a resource hog.
The crypto stuff is designed to be built on top using a simple event listener interface that passes the messages from one module to the others and back. I'll make it ready for GitHub tomorrow, but don't expect too much, it is after all only a translation from network to POJOs Cheesy

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 07:41:02 PM

Job completed & paid, pleasure to work with.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:05:30 PM

I have a feeling there are some great BTC products written in Java are coming out...  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: