Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin.mx Not a scam I used them and got my bit coins in about 4hrs.  (Read 7686 times)
armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 09:53:50 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 12:57:36 AM by armenmerikyan

Not a scam
OK Service

I have sent them $250

Everything looked good until i asked them to send the BTC to my local Wallet

it has been 2hrs and nothing.

I will totally take this POST OFF ONCE I GET MY BITCOINS.

Update

I got my bit coins the exact amount of $250.00 worth and I got it at a lower exchange rate compared to mtgox.com.

I overreacted a little with my early posts, but they are new service and i had every right to overreact being one of the first customers and taking a risk.

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manoamano

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:16:00 PM

Can you post some proofs please?
I will not use them though
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:03:20 PM

YES it's an absolute scam

The company is based out baku azerbaijan, my credit card was charged as Kids Toys

They claim they are based out of Florida

TOTAL SCAM

bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:10:16 PM

Thank you for the heads up Smiley

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

I got my coins, THAT IS ALL I AM GOING TO SAY

VERY SCARY PEOPLE and They have my personal information.

Mafia ? I think so. 

bitcoin44me

Activity: 252

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:52:10 PM

I got my coins, THAT IS ALL I AM GOING TO SAY

VERY SCARY PEOPLE and They have my personal information.

Mafia ? I think so. 

Do not be over reacting.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:11:54 AM

Time Will Tell.

FYI

Doing money transactions in US and not registering as a Money transfer business is against Federal Law.

They are messing with the biggest criminal in the world, The US government.

Don't Fuck with the small guy you will be surprised eventually.

cimine

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:50:26 PM

Another cause for concern they are falsely claiming (as far as I can tell) to have been featured in Forbes, CNBC, New York Times and FOX News.  I can't find those articles.  Not a good sign.
Ren13B

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:35:31 AM

I used them the other day and didn't have any trouble buying and withdrawing bitcoins after being verified.  You can read about my experience at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348255.msg3859914#msg3859914

QueenElizabeth

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:45:23 AM

Time Will Tell.

FYI

Doing money transactions in US and not registering as a Money transfer business is against Federal Law.

They are messing with the biggest criminal in the world, The US government.

Don't Fuck with the small guy you will be surprised eventually.

I'm not going to use this site for any reason, as it doesn't sound trustworthy, but may I assume that your username and your hostility toward a service operating out of Baku are not totally unrelated? Cheesy
nboy

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:00:01 PM

I have been trading on Coin.MX since December 2013 and they are legit.  Quick verification, buying with credit cards and fast customer service are three very good things about them.

The sell price runs higher than Stamp or most others.  This is partly due to CoinMX 0.5% trading fee, 1% withdrawal fee (ouch) and liquidity on the site. Sellers get a premium through the higher price, but they have to earn it.  Sales of even a few BTC or LTC can take awhile to find a buyer and a typical BTC flash crash may happen on Stamp while you wait for your 2 BTC to be sold on CoinMX.  I've observed some "instant trades" or bot trades that appear mysteriously and instantly, which appear to me to be off-chart, member-only trading.  Most trades on the site are usually 0.1 BTC or less, but higher amounts are becoming more common.  It is rare to see a full BTC or more being offered at a single price.

Money withdrawals are expensive but usually only take 1-2 business days straight to a bank account.  No real problems there.  BTC deposits take 6 confirms.  After 3 confirms you can see the exchange send your coins to new wallets, a few to one wallet and most to another, probably as part of a fractional reserve system.

The customer service is instant via messaging on the site.  I received emails from them as well about support tickets.  Once my account was hacked but 2-factor prevented an attempt at a withdrawal of BTC purchased by my account.  At that time, I received telephone calls from Jen at support, who was clearly an American English native speaker.  She followed up by phone also as well as email.  I soon sold the BTC the hacker bought at a profit. Their support is usually instant and helpful, although the few special problems I've run into required "the developers" and a ticket was generated.  I've suggested 2-factor login to them, which would make me feel better especially after the account hack.  They have at least 3 front-end support staff members and someone is usually available for instant text support. 

Overall, I've had a good experience with them.  Aside from liquidity, my only concern is the exchange growing too fast.  I hope they maintain their good customer service as their volume increases. CampBX sure didn't.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:30:11 PM

They still owe me 0.69 BTC from when they got DDOS. It's been over 2 months.

They are extremely shady.

They claim they are located in Flordia but charge your CC from Baku. Clearly illegal. Kind of regret giving them my personal information now but aside from that

GIVE ME MY FUCKING BTC YOU CROOKS
doguhnew

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

A bit shady indeed. However, I did get my coin quickly (about 3 minutes after bitcoin purchase). Initially it was nerve racking. I gave them my card info and they quickly took the funds from my bank account, but I did not initially receive my bitcoin. I had to then make a video of me, my debit card, and a government issued ID card. They also know my last 4 digits of my SSN. But, again, I got my coin, and from now on I can just order bitcoin through them without having to go through all of this again. They seem to be a decent backup when coinbase is out of coin for the day. The whole Florida Baku thing is weird, so I don't think I will be using them full time. But, they are not a scam in my experience, at least not yet.
ustbrunks

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:36:57 PM

anyone have a number I can call to reach coin.mx?
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 11:28:29 AM

Coin.mx was an illegal bitcoin exchange:

http://www.coindesk.com/coin-mx-arrested-operating-illegal-bitcoin-exchange/
minernoob1

Activity: 285

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:04:53 PM

It is the organized crime(maybe russia mafia) that runs this service. Do you really want them to having all of your info?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: