Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Black arrow prospero x-3 odds of delivering in time?  (Read 12837 times)
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:05:44 AM

As far as I can tell, black arrow has a good reputation delivering FGPAs in time, so I assume they'll also deliver ASICs in time. Correct?

Anyone can verify black arrow is legit and on-target?

I wouldn't even mind if they'd miss their deadline by a week or two, but I would mind if they pull a BFL and deliver 6 months later, or worse, don't deliver at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:38:21 AM

As far as I can tell, black arrow has a good reputation delivering FGPAs in time, so I assume they'll also deliver ASICs in time. Correct?

Anyone can verify black arrow is legit and on-target?

I wouldn't even mind if they'd miss their deadline by a week or two, but I would mind if they pull a BFL and deliver 6 months later, or worse, don't deliver at all.

BlackArrow is legit. You can be assured he will deliver, although even with the best will in the world, the actual timing is a matter of speculation.
He came good on a number of promises with the FPGAs, so no reason to think he wont make good this time.
reznor

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:11:58 AM

Well i ask some question about the status of Prospero miners but to no avail. Maybe they are busy.

Here is the offical fb account of Black Arrow

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Arrow/477655819009178
Clayce

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:07:26 AM

I was planning on buying 2-3 X-3s later this week. What do you think the latest we could see delivery? I was also thinking of having them host it, as long as everyone thinks they are legit. Good idea?
sushi

Activity: 238

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:06:11 AM

Company wise, it's legit!  Delivery time is simply unknown but they did deliver in the past, so you can factor that in to consideration, but never invest something you can't afford to lose

You are investing into something its in development as a pre-order customers.  Some pre-orders on the market made lots of rich people, while the others stole the whole life saving or retirement.

I was planning on buying 2-3 X-3s later this week. What do you think the latest we could see delivery? I was also thinking of having them host it, as long as everyone thinks they are legit. Good idea?

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Clayce

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:31:14 AM

Thanks, I made a new thread with my options on pre orders. But if the company is really legit, the chance of you losing your entire pre-order payment should be super slim, correct?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:06:02 AM

Thanks, I made a new thread with my options on pre orders. But if the company is really legit, the chance of you losing your entire pre-order payment should be super slim, correct?

Until they actually ship a product its a 50:50 bet. So if you are happy with those odds then you know where you stand. Bear in mind that there isn't anything pushing a reasonable hash rate you can order today that won't ship till February at the earliest, unless you win an Antminer at auction.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
sameev29

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:56:39 PM

Black Arrow suddenly changed their cloud mining plans I noticed.It could be they are going through change?
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:54:11 PM

I wanted to buy one of these, but must buy 10. can't just buy one Sad

To much for me, I'd buy one to play with haha
dspiel

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:22:39 AM

you can buy a single x-1 through minersource.net
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:07:25 AM

you can buy a single x-1 through minersource.net

Saw that, but just realized I'll have a surplus in the new year, may just sink it and buy an x3
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:00:46 AM

My answer... 0.1%

But then again, I haven't been following BA very closely.  I do know that they have delivered FPGAs in the past.  But so did bASIC & BFL.  And we all remember how that turned out, right?

And their promised specs and price are just so far out of line with the rest of their legitimate competitors.  The big 3 of the second tier, HashFast, Cointerra and BlackArrow, got into a pissing match for preorder dollars and I think they all over-promised.  And I have a strong feeling that they will all under-deliver (specs and time) if they deliver at all.  Between the 2nd tier and 3rd tier (BitMine.ch, VMC, AMT) I think we'll have at least one or two "bASIC" situations.

Btw, this should have been a poll.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:15:05 AM

although it's hard to take a guy advertising the other company at his word Tongue without feeling some sort of alt. motive. I know what you mean

Sadly with hardware, and flaky ass shit on here. it seems without taking the risk you can never get ahead.

those damn usb 333mh miners are costing 60+ right now on ebay. with a return of 7 dollars a year.....

It's all magic lol
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:11:26 AM

although it's hard to take a guy advertising the other company at his word Tongue without feeling some sort of alt. motive. I know what you mean

Sadly with hardware, and flaky ass shit on here. it seems without taking the risk you can never get ahead.

those damn usb 333mh miners are costing 60+ right now on ebay. with a return of 7 dollars a year.....

It's all magic lol

I appreciate your skepticism!

But I'm not a fanboy of any particular ASIC company.  Of the companies that have delivered working devices, I think have something from everyone except Avalon.  I have 3 BFL Singles, 11 Bitfury boards & 6 USB, 8 ASICMiner Blades & 70 USBs, a 3 module KNC and BitMain AntMiner on the way. I currently have further preorders with KNC and BFL for their next gen machines (one Neptune and 2 Monarchs).

None of the other companies have actually convinced me that they will deliver anything.  I had a bASIC preorder and that was bad enough and I don't want to go through that again.

And yes I know the KNC sig is a bit much, lol.  But I've had a great experience with them and I trust them 100%.  If you have the dough for a Neptune, you could do a lot worse than ordering from KNC.  I really hope these other companies can deliver because competition is a healthy thing.

descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:26:38 AM

I too am skeptical if blackarrow can deliver on time. KNC and cointerra are smarter. they don't take in more than what they can deliver. so they do in batches. blackarrow is like "come everybody come", a bit like what butterfly did.

so yes, i am worried. good on them if they can pull it off. remember that delivering fpgas are different from delivering big machines like that. They will have a big time to proof in feb. their tech support isn't great either. my ticket has been sitting in there for 4 days without answer. I got answer from cointerra within a day, i have to give cointerra the credit for that.
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:43:02 PM

Blackarrow actually claims to sell in batches, their first batch Apperantly didn't run out yet.

I ordered the x3 now and I'll see how well they keep to their word. Can't be much worse than. BFL.
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:14:03 PM

Sort a catch 22, you wait and see if they are legit and you likely miss out,

Current in stocks miner's are frigin pricey for what they are. Buy the 25GH BFL and at current rate it takes a few years to recover..

seems those one's once launched seem to sell only to people with no clue who just buy to jump on the wagon lol.

No one makes hardware for mining LTC. as I'm not wanting to build a rig for this.

Although I may build a new computer and just stick 3 video cards in it. use it for LTC mining when not in use...
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:27:50 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 02:10:02 AM by DyslexicZombei

My answer... 0.1%

But then again, I haven't been following BA very closely.  I do know that they have delivered FPGAs in the past.  But so did bASIC & BFL.  And we all remember how that turned out, right?

And their promised specs and price are just so far out of line with the rest of their legitimate competitors.  The big 3 of the second tier, HashFast, Cointerra and BlackArrow, got into a pissing match for preorder dollars and I think they all over-promised.  And I have a strong feeling that they will all under-deliver (specs and time) if they deliver at all.  Between the 2nd tier and 3rd tier (BitMine.ch, VMC, AMT) I think we'll have at least one or two "bASIC" situations.

Btw, this should have been a poll.

I think their odds are better than 0.1%, IMHO. But then again: I've been following them much closer than the average miner and our co-op is the exclusive GB sales outlet for x-3 Prosperos having previously helped them do a 3.3TH/s Bullet Run of Prospero prototypes based on Bitfury chips (instead of Minions) in Rounds 9-12.

(x-posted from the CH forum) Updates straight from bobsag3 in Hong Kong visiting Black Arrow:

Can you say miner pr0n?     Cheesy

These are Bitfury ASICs:

https://i.imgur.com/PZsSdoo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X69NCBP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fw5qBvl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pSkWGPL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dO4kzm8.jpg

FPGA simulating the Minion ASIC hashing away: https://i.imgur.com/2pq0Fz7.jpg

Full album here: http://goo.gl/s9U6IX
daynomate

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:30:04 AM

Anyone weighed up the options of hosted mining vs buying hardware with Black Arrow? I guess odds of delivery are almost the same whether you're talking hosted or shipped. I'm seriously considering the Rent-some-minions 6 months 1TH/s option... sure it isn't until March but that seems a decent hashing rate compared to the competition per $ if I look at similar products and delivery dates.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:37:01 AM

And yes I know the KNC sig is a bit much, lol.

Let me know when you take the horrible colors out of it. Until then, /ignore.

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: