Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:45:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 559 times)
dloo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:48:45 AM

Hey guys. I'm 100% new to this and I'm looking to do the simplest thing. I don't know how to get everything I've mined into my wallet (see image below). How would one go about doing that. If you have an article or video that describes how, that will work just as well. Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/q4QF9zJ.png

that is literally all i'm trying to do. I feel like i'm missing something obvious
malumeze86

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:42:18 AM

The page on the right just shows that you are mining.

What is your actual "coin" balance?

If you are pool mining then there likely is a minimum payout which you will have to accumulate before you can withdraw your coins.

Also, your wallet isn't fully synced so any new transactions won't show until it synced past the block that your coins are sent in. 

Hope this helps. 

Good luck!

1EaEzvenWz2nXNQxEyQmkHhfSKxpXeRsyD
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:50:40 AM

as was stated above that is not your coin balance.  if you are new to mining and using a graphics card you do not have 1105 BTC  (over $1,000,000.00)

You have 1105 shares in the pool probably out of a couple of million total so it's more like 1105/2123456 X 25BTC

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
whispey

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:00:21 AM

Hey guys. I'm 100% new to this and I'm looking to do the simplest thing. I don't know how to get everything I've mined into my wallet (see image below). How would one go about doing that. If you have an article or video that describes how, that will work just as well. Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/q4QF9zJ.png

that is literally all i'm trying to do. I feel like i'm missing something obvious

You are mining at 67.1 MH/s.
At that speed, it would take a very very long time to just reach the pool minimum payout threshold.
dloo (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:14:06 AM

ok. I am not pool mining (at least not yet). Is there a tutorial for syncing this wallet? What about one for adding mined coins into wallet?

I appreciate the assistance. I really think this is a neat idea. I use to have my computer be part of several Boinc projects and I'd like to see if I can get this up ad running Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:19:10 AM

ok. I am not pool mining (at least not yet). Is there a tutorial for syncing this wallet? What about one for adding mined coins into wallet?

I appreciate the assistance. I really think this is a neat idea. I use to have my computer be part of several Boinc projects and I'd like to see if I can get this up ad running Smiley

You are mining at a rate of 67.1 MH/s and you are solo mining?

You don't have any bitcoins yet then.

You are unlikely to ever have any bitcoins.

Mostly, you're just burning up electricity for your own entertainment.
yaNmy

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:54:10 AM

You are already way too late for GPU mining bitcoin.
Maybe you should switch back to BOINC to help the world.
dloo (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:59:53 AM

If you don't mine with the GPU, then what do you guys mine with?
malumeze86

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:11:31 AM

I use block erupters....  31 in total for a total speed of aroung 10.3GH/s

I paid too much for them and will probably not make any money from them.  

But I'm in it more for the fun of it.  Electricity isn't a big deal paying for and I enjoy supporting Bitcoin!

EDIT: typo

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:14:51 AM

Basically now you have to mine with ASICs if you actually want to make some BTC. ASICs (application-specific integrated circuit) are basically designed for fast hashing power in relation to Bitcoin, so it means you get a far faster hashrate than conventional GPU mining. However, do note that the pricing of ASICs can vary and some can take a while to ship out.
dloo (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:39:41 AM

Sorry for the late response. Will joining a pool help any?
malumeze86

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:42:53 AM

Sorry for the late response. Will joining a pool help any?

It would generate a small amount of coins, but it would take a really, really long time to make enough to even withdraw it. 

Difficulty is going up really fast so GPU mining might never even get you a single payout.

And that payout wwould likely be only .01BTC.

Embarrassed

dloo (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:13:45 AM

fair enough. One more quick question. Mining solves mathimatical problems for the scientific communities right? Which communities in particular and for what cause?
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:08:13 PM

fair enough. One more quick question. Mining solves mathimatical problems for the scientific communities right? Which communities in particular and for what cause?

nope not at all for bitcoin. you should look at primecoin XPM (pirme number search) it's fully up and running
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251850.0
 or Curecoin in development works with folding@home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330685.0

or gridcoin witch works with Boinc(I think just saw it mentioned on curecoin threads)

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: