Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's nemesis  (Read 1954 times)
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:51:10 AM

Shows how gold has zero portability. Why should I trust a 3rd party to hold my gold?

You trust a 3rd party to write your Bitcoin client.

No I don't.  I can read the code and I am capable of understanding it.

And what percentage of Bitcoin's userbase can understand source code? Even if reading it you need to have a high level of understanding to spot a well obfuscated block of code intended to do something nefarious.

This is relevant how?

You don't need to trust anybody, but you can trust somebody. Also by somebody I mean that you have to maintain trust in at least one single person out of every single person that bothered to read the code out of the entire population of people in the entire world, trust that at least one such person would expose a backdoor if there was one.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:06:30 AM

Well done.  Somebody needed to pick up the slack since I stopped trolling around here.

You were such a better troll.  This guy just spams B.S.

Some of your stuff led to valuable discussions.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:39:29 AM

Shows how gold has zero portability. Why should I trust a 3rd party to hold my gold?

And what percentage of Bitcoin's userbase can understand source code? Even if reading it you need to have a high level of understanding to spot a well obfuscated block of code intended to do something nefarious.

This is relevant how?

You don't need to trust anybody, but you can trust somebody. Also by somebody I mean that you have to maintain trust in at least one single person out of every single person that bothered to read the code out of the entire population of people in the entire world, trust that at least one such person would expose a backdoor if there was one.

+1

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
shadowninjax

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:07:04 AM

Lol, I thought this one has better ideas than Bitcoin. hmm looks like its just another paypal. Won't even be bothered to check it out. Wink
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:37:18 AM

Did you manufacture the locks on your car?  Or your house?  Did you program the OS that you use?  How about the IT systems that secure your bank balance?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: