Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 09:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got hacked  (Read 724 times)
johndec2 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:23:40 AM

Can a mod please pm me.  My account was hacked and now I can't log in. They've changed my password.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:09:15 AM

Can't we reset the password here with the registered email?

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
johndec2 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:29:39 AM

They changed that as well and the password reset requests are being sent to them. Plus they are using my old account to post.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352679.msg3774901#msg3774901
Tinwo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:26:53 AM

You need to send a PM to theymos.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:18:47 AM

Tough luck, if true

Hope theymos sorts this out for you

JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:20:34 AM

Hope it all works out
Its a shame people have to hack and hurt others with no gain!

Hope you get your account back
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:20:42 AM

Yeah, though history suggests the mods will not do much

good luck

johndec2 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:01:33 AM

Thanks all. I've PMed theymos, I'll see how I go..  It's my own stupid fault and let this be a warning to everyone.  I used the same password on too many crypto related accounts and something fell through the cracks.  They got my Cryptsy p/word and cleaned me out.  I lost about $2000 worth of coins today.  

I'm still trying to figure out how as my password here was different to cryptsy.  I've checked for keyloggers and nothing came up.  No one else uses my computers.  All the same I'm in for a long night of reinstalling the OS on 3 computers to make absolutely sure.  In fact I'm typing this post on my wifes pissy little 10 inch screen laptop because I'm now paranoid  Shocked  

Oh well, it's only money.  Someone is probably having a great night out on the town at my expense.  With a bit of luck they catch something nasty from a cheap hooker..  Grin
Ricfin

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:23:33 AM

Thanks all. I've PMed theymos, I'll see how I go..  It's my own stupid fault and let this be a warning to everyone.  I used the same password on too many crypto related accounts and something fell through the cracks.  They got my Cryptsy p/word and cleaned me out.  I lost about $2000 worth of coins today. 

I'm still trying to figure out how as my password here was different to cryptsy.  I've checked for keyloggers and nothing came up.  No one else uses my computers.  All the same I'm in for a long night of reinstalling the OS on 3 computers to make absolutely sure.  In fact I'm typing this post on my wifes pissy little 10 inch screen laptop because I'm now paranoid  Shocked 

Oh well, it's only money.  Someone is probably having a great night out on the town at my expense.  With a bit of luck they catch something nasty from a cheap hooker..  Grin

Sorry for your loss.
You better use different passwords on different sites.
Sparood

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:40:46 AM

So tired of all this bullshit not being able to post!

Hooray it worked! Sorry for you rloss...

Dizzy Driller

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:45:35 AM

How do they learn the passwords??

Is there a dodgy forum out there that saves passwords and if it's the same for your bitcoin mining etc?
johndec2 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:56:11 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 11:07:48 AM by johndec2

Anon. You are so onto something there.  Of course, I've been using the same email account for ALL my crypto accounts. BTW, they also got my bter and MtGox accounts but they had virtually nothing in them so I didn't mention in my earlier post.  So all they had to do was crack one account and they had them all. You sir are a genius.  That explains the password change confirmation emails from bter and mtgox.

Sooo. If you are into crypto, nothing should be linked.  Every account should have a separate email address and p/word.  It cost me but I've learnt the lesson.

EDIT: They still have control of my Cryptsy account.  Every time I change the password there, next time I log in it is invalid.  They must be hoping that I've still got miners auto depositing to that account.  As if..  Cool

Were you using the same email address? Maybe they've hacked it and used the password recovery function to change both passwords.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:12:41 AM

Don't put too much hope in getting your account back. Also sorry about the loss.

But , hope you have learned this for the future:
Never use same passwords for two accounts , no matter what kind of accounts.
Use a different email for stuff like boards, forums, blogs, and different one or maybe more for stuff that really matters (paypal,exchnagers, etc).

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄