Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help :(  (Read 500 times)
bctjason123 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:37:15 AM

Hi everyone.
Absolute newbie here.

I am so confused with this whole thing!

To summarise I have already bought 1 bitcoin and it is now securely in my wallet. I have a good password and the rest of it. The problem I am having, is I have just sent 0.1 bitcoin too Cryptsy to make some trades (bad move or not? please tell me if so..)

Now, there is a question mark next to the transaction and a tagline saying (0-6 confirmed) or something like that. As you can probably understand I am lost and don't know why it hasn't been accepted. I have googled and Ive seen responses talking about sending transaction fees and the like !? There was no option for that. This is my transaction 33de51e6080f7147e9bbd0ec621c446cf0d10d7352c18aa02555dcbfeaec6a50.. I browsed on blockchain and found the transaction but there was also a transaction of 0.9 going to 1HhWiW9aZynPunnkrUMoip1m2GbUatm8d4 address which I have not authorised. My wallet is still showing up with the 0.9 though..

Im very lost, so if someone could help me out and explain why its not been processed that would be great Smiley

Thanks
grux

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:40:43 AM

Means it's in the process of getting 6 confirms most likely.
bctjason123 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:52:27 AM

Its been going on for an hour and there has been no confirmations whatsoever. I thought it was instant? plus my position keeps fluctuating in the que
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:56:04 AM

Its been going on for an hour and there has been no confirmations whatsoever. I thought it was instant? plus my position keeps fluctuating in the que

Usually confirmations are relatively quick (~5-10 minutes for small tx fees) depending on the transaction fee paid. How much transaction fee did you pay? (if you didn't pay anything it's going to take a long time maybe 24-48 hours before it goes through).
repairguy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:56:24 AM

The .9 was the rest of the amount at your original address going back to you.
bctjason123 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:38:08 AM

There was no transaction fee to my knowledge. I just went to 'send payment', put in the address from cryptsy, and pressed send. That was that. Where was I meant to send the transaction fee, wheres the box to put in the transaction fee? how much is the fee? All these questions are confusing me!

And is the 0.9 returned because I originally had 1 btc and its not been divided?

I'm sorry for my ignorance.
bobey

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:40:38 AM

Hi everyone.
Absolute newbie here.

I am so confused with this whole thing!

To summarise I have already bought 1 bitcoin and it is now securely in my wallet. I have a good password and the rest of it. The problem I am having, is I have just sent 0.1 bitcoin too Cryptsy to make some trades (bad move or not? please tell me if so..)

Now, there is a question mark next to the transaction and a tagline saying (0-6 confirmed) or something like that. As you can probably understand I am lost and don't know why it hasn't been accepted. I have googled and Ive seen responses talking about sending transaction fees and the like !? There was no option for that. This is my transaction 33de51e6080f7147e9bbd0ec621c446cf0d10d7352c18aa02555dcbfeaec6a50.. I browsed on blockchain and found the transaction but there was also a transaction of 0.9 going to 1HhWiW9aZynPunnkrUMoip1m2GbUatm8d4 address which I have not authorised. My wallet is still showing up with the 0.9 though..

Im very lost, so if someone could help me out and explain why its not been processed that would be great Smiley

Thanks

The 0.9 you mentioned is the change.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:45:04 AM

There was no transaction fee to my knowledge. I just went to 'send payment', put in the address from cryptsy, and pressed send. That was that. Where was I meant to send the transaction fee, wheres the box to put in the transaction fee? how much is the fee? All these questions are confusing me!

And is the 0.9 returned because I originally had 1 btc and its not been divided?

I'm not too familiar with Cryptsy I'm afraid, although on a general note whenever you wish to make a transaction you should make sure you include some transaction fees (check your website if their automatically deducted). I suggest you read some more here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees
msc

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:45:21 AM

The 0.9 change is normal, since your wallet still shows it.  There was no fee though, so it could take a long time for the transaction to confirm.  
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:47:08 AM

no worries man. since you didnt give any monetary incentive to record your transaction to the guys who record transactions you are going to have to wait for someone charitable to come along. it will probably take a day or two.

for future reference you need to go to: settings > options > main > pay transaction fee: and change the value to something higher than 0 if you want your transactions to confirm faster. 0.0001 is about what you need inorder to be guaranteed a spot in the very next block.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bctjason123 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:17:14 AM

Thanks guys. I get it now..

Isn't 0.00001 like, 1.22 cent? Surely, I would be, being cheap?!

Also, I think for online currencies to really kick off, there will have to be A LOT of work completed to make this accessible for the layman.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:24:43 AM

Thanks guys. I get it now..

Isn't 0.00001 like, 1.22 cent? Surely, I would be, being cheap?!

Also, I think for online currencies to really kick off, there will have to be A LOT of work completed to make this accessible for the layman.

I've experimented with 0.00001 and it took ~ 24 hours for me.

Blockchain.info's ewallet service makes the process pretty simple. Orders of magnitude simpler than paypal for example.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: